closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steyr LG110 HFT Hunter 1.77 2014

Banned

Steyr LG110 HFT Hunter 1.77 2014

I'm after the above gun, anyone have any recommendations for a decent gun dealer I'm getting a lot of waffle from some dealers, trying to charge extra for the quick fill PCP I know the latest rifles include this in the price.

They are also quoting me different lead times on delivery but they want 50% deposits which is ok but I don't want them to string out the delivery and be holding my deposit at the same time.

Basically I just want to order the gun @ 12 ft pounds and have it delivered but they all spin a different story.

Don't think the HFT is going to be sitting anywhere near 12ft/lb. It's a .177 target rifle, will likely be about 8ft

Steyr do the LG110 in a high power version, the HPH, which sits at 12ft/lb, and it's cheaper too.

Master
    As much as it pains me to say it, your best bet is Harry Preston for Steyr in the UK.

The UK prices are inflated compared to mainland Europe, but that's a story I should perhaps not begin to tell here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had mine 4 years now 2010 model best gun I have ever had. As said Harry Preston is good. Another dealer who may help you is
    http://www.solware.co.uk/ in Tamworth

Here is mine

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    Don't think the HFT is going to be sitting anywhere near 12ft/lb. It's a .177 target rifle, will likely be about 8ft

Steyr do the LG110 in a high power version, the HPH, which sits at 12ft/lb, and it's cheaper too.
    I would request the 16 joules version which is = to 11.8 you can order it in 7.5, 16, or 24.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Had mine 4 years now 2010 model best gun I have ever had. As said Harry Preston is good. Another dealer who may help you is
    http://www.solware.co.uk/ in Tamworth

Here is mine

I spoke to his son Simon years ago about one, but they concentrate on the trade, I rang solwear today they have one in but it's composite stock and right handed,I'm a lefty, they are going to check on Monday for me.

That's one good looking gun thanks for sharing the picture.
    Last edited by Fords; 18th February 2017 at 18:09.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it, your best bet is Harry Preston for Steyr in the UK.

The UK prices are inflated compared to mainland Europe, but that's a story I should perhaps not begin to tell here.
    Thanks, yes prices are inflated overhear, I think the only problem with buying from the EU is warranty issues Harry will not touch them if there's a problem.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Thanks, yes prices are inflated overhear, I think the only problem with buying from the EU is warranty issues Harry will not touch them if there's a problem.
    Yes, that's correct.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I spoke to his son Simon years ago about one, but they concentrate on the trade, I rang solwear today they have one in but it's composite stock and right handed,I'm a lefty, they are going to check on Monday for me.

That's one good looking gun thanks for sharing the picture.
    They really are a great gun, so accurate and well made. Time after time you can hit a 10p at 60yds. I don't go so much now but I love this gun getting rid anit an option. It's a one make pellet gun use anything else and the go all over. JSB Exacts are what I use.

I use Solware a lot and they will try to help as much as possible. Good luck hope you get one soon, you WILL not be disappointed.

Paul

Banned
    They really are a great gun, so accurate and well made. Time after time you can hit a 10p at 60yds. I don't go so much now but I love this gun getting rid anit an option. It's a one make pellet gun use anything else and the go all over. JSB Exacts are what I use.

I use Solware a lot and they will try to help as much as possible. Good luck hope you get one soon, you WILL not be disappointed.

Paul

I use JSB 8.44g 452 was thinking of using the express a lighter option, our targets are @ 35 yards bulls are 5mm across. I use the Sightron 10-50-60 MOA it a very good scope it should mount well on this gun, I've been using my HW100KT but it's left me wanting, in our comp you have to get the pellet right through the centre with equal amounts of black showing round the edge of the hole for a perfect 10, it's challenging to say the least.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I use JSB 8.44g 452 was thinking of using the express a lighter option, our targets are @ 35 yards bulls are 5mm across. I use the Sightron 10-50-60 MOA it a very good scope it should mount well on this gun, I've been using my HW100KT but it's left me wanting, in our comp you have to get the pellet right through the centre with equal amounts of black showing round the edge of the hole for a perfect 10, it's challenging to say the least.

The Steyr will not let you down

Banned
    Just ordered one from Solwear all black with the QF system I've had to order the adapter from Rowan eng as the QF protrudes further than the barrel, I was thinking of a bi-pod do you have any recommendations the steyr one looks awful. I'm now looking at a moderator any recommendations for one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a moderator on mine it came with the gun, the only wording I can see on it is www.ouluntyostokeskus.com It fits great and shoots brilliant with it on.
    Last edited by hilly10; 20th February 2017 at 17:01.

Banned
    Cheers, so much choice out there, having a look at Rodales, wildcat and ASE Ultra.

Do you need a moderator on an air rifle? I'd have thought an air stripper would be better to help smooth the air as the pellet leaves the barrel?

Banned
    Air strippers for me make the end of the barrel look nice, they serve no purpose for indoor shooting.
    Last edited by Fords; 21st February 2017 at 09:14.

Master
    Air strippers for me make the end of the barrel look nice, they serve no purpose for indoor shooting.
    Why do you say they serve no purpose indoor?

I've no use for an air rifle, but I want one of these!

How big is that scope????

M.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I use an Air Stripper on mine when I go target shooting, the moderator is for the pigeons.

Banned
    Why do you say they serve no purpose indoor?

Reading article in a mag years ago, highlighting the accuracy differential between an Air-stripper for Bench Rest Target air rifle and a Sound Moderator. The difference in windy conditions was quite marked in favour of the air-stripper for accuracy.

Also because people are starting to complain about the crack that comes from them, most air rifles come with moderators which in a way work like the airstripper.

Moderator indoors
    Air stripper outdoor HFT
    Hunting moderator.

Master
    ^^ Yes, the noise is an issue, but the stripper has a slight edge when it comes to aiding accuracy in my view.

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new here, but there are slight differences.

The primary function of the moderator is to moderate the noise (obviously)

Now, I know it does so in part by redirecting gases leaving the barrel behind the projectile, similar to the stripper.

The difference though (which I would argue helps accuracy) is that the stripper clears these gasses away from the barrel completely in all directions away from the barrel (which is important to compensate barrel flip) whereas the moderator bounces them around inside until the projectile exits it, then the gasses follow out the same hole.

Whether or not this makes enough of a difference to be claimed one is more worthwhile than the other will be argued forever and depends on a lot of different factors - barrel harmonics / pellet selection etc etc.

Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^

Thanks - I didn't know that

Banned
    ^^ Yes, the noise is an issue, but the stripper has a slight edge when it comes to aiding accuracy in my view.

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new here, but there are slight differences.

The primary function of the moderator is to moderate the noise (obviously)

Now, I know it does so in part by redirecting gases leaving the barrel behind the projectile, similar to the stripper.

The difference though (which I would argue helps accuracy) is that the stripper clears these gasses away from the barrel completely in all directions away from the barrel (which is important to compensate barrel flip) whereas the moderator bounces them around inside until the projectile exits it, then the gasses follow out the same hole.

Whether or not this makes enough of a difference to be claimed one is more worthwhile than the other will be argued forever and depends on a lot of different factors - barrel harmonics / pellet selection etc etc.

Basically what's needed is a hybrid a mixture between air stripper and moderator.

I hear talk of a illusive guy called UK Neil and his Modderipper.
    Last edited by Fords; 22nd February 2017 at 23:45.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am almost sure my Air Stripper is UK Neils twin cone black

I got my air stripper from these guys ,absolutely beautiful work .As a by line these guys also made one of the stars of Robot Wars "Hypno disc"
    http://rowanengineering.com/products...#lg110stripper

Banned
    Well, had the call guns arrived in the U.K. at Harry's so only a few more days and I can pick it up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, had the call guns arrived in the U.K. at Harry's so only a few more days and I can pick it up.
    Let's have some pics when it lands.👍

Banned
    Will do, I'm going back to a benchrest bag tack driver style, going to get the HW100 serviced and pass that onto my son.

Banned
    A few pictures, I fitter the air stripper from rowan engineering.

I kept the HW100 for my youngest, I swapped over my Sightron onto the steyr, so needed a scope for the HW ended with a MTC Viper Pro 5-30-50 foe a really good price.

I noticed you have a bipod on yours I'm looking for a weaver/picatinny rail 10mm for the accessories rail under the steyr, what have you used to attach the bipod hilly.

Master
    Blog Entries

I noticed you have a bipod on yours I'm looking for a weaver/picatinny rail 10mm for the accessories rail under the steyr, what have you used to attach the bipod hilly.
    I don't have a bipod only the hamster, fitted with bolts and spacers.

Sniper

At the last Manchester GTG, Fords and I lost Neely8 in a pub. He's not been seen on TZ since.

I was confused how this could happen.

It now becomes clear. I'm not saying Fords is a sniper, but...

Last edited by Kirk280; 17th March 2017 at 22:14.

Banned
    I don't have a bipod only the hamster, fitted with bolts and spacers.
    I could have swore there was a bipod on yours???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    At the last Manchester GTG, Fords and I lost Neely8 in a pub. He's not been seen on TZ since.

I was confused how this could happen.

It now becomes clear. I'm not saying Fords is a sniper, but...

He's still MIA Kirk should we be worrid ?? He's not even logged on since that epic night.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    He's still MIA Kirk should we be worrid ?? He's not even logged on since that epic night.
    http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv...25796000481449

Banned
    Nope not on ze list

Should we put out a APB or something
    ???

Don't want to deflect this thread, but his last ever post here was a bit weird...

I'll start another thread in the BP to try to find him.

Nice gun by the way mate, we can shoot pigeons and rats and Spanish cats at the next gtg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Don't want to deflect this thread, but his last ever post here was a bit weird...

I'll start another thread in the BP to try to find him.

Nice gun by the way mate, we can shoot pigeons and rats and Spanish cats at the next gtg.
    I'd have to take 4 watches for that