closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robbed

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Shit.

That's a dreadful thing to happen mate, glad you're ok and hope you're insured.

My older brother was mugged for his Datejust a year or so ago (a guy came up out of nowhere, acting all friendly and got him in a 'hey buddy long time no see' type man-hug while two others grabbed his arm and took his watch off).

As my brother said, horrible experience but he was unharmed and the watch was insured...
    And on the upside he wasn't wearing his (hugely under-insured) Patek which was luckily in for a service!
    They might have left him alone if he had a Patek on! That's my thinking anyhow - I've moved towards less well recognised brands

Journeyman
    Really sad to hear this especially somewhere that would not be considered desperately unsafe. I travel to South Africa a lot and it is different there wouldn't dream of wearing something expensive. London should be ok.

Glad you are in good shape and not hurt. No doubt traumatic non the less.

I hope the police achieve something and you are reunited with your watch soon.
    Last edited by pingu; 19th February 2017 at 16:52.

Master
    We've got a couple of nights booked in a hotel in Angel later in the year. Given the nature of the weekend we'll no doubt be wandering around in the early hours having had a beer or 3, may have to rethink the watch selection for this one.

What an awful thing to happen. Glad you're ok, hope they apprehend the scumbags and recover the watch or the insurance pays up.

Journeyman
    Dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    They might have left him alone if he had a Patek on! That's my thinking anyhow - I've moved towards less well recognised brands
    Really ? Remeber Private Eye -

Craftsman
    @MB2 I've never seen that before. That's hilarious!

Robbed

I'm enormously sorry to hear of this. Glad you are ok. I'm sure you have already done what is necessary with the police. I hope that you either get the watch back, or that you have insurance coverage.

Thieving scum

All the best

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear this. Working in central London and living in West, I have never experienced any issues but you never know and it could happen to anyone.

Makes me wary for when I pick up my SubC Date next year but I am sure insurance would give piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    Are you kidding? Angel Islington safe late at night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What's wrong with Angel? It's very expensive and upmarket....

Sorry to hear that mate hope you're well and hope they catch buggers.

Craftsman
    Glad to hear you're OK. Some really good advice on the thread. Hope the scum get what's due.

Master
    So sorry to hear about your incident....be grateful you are ok my friend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

I imagine one could argue that the more expensive and more upmarket the neighbourhood, the nicer the potential pickings will be. No point skulking around Lewisham at 3am, best you're likely to find will be a knock-off sekonda or some 60mm piece of bling fashion tat :D

And my condolences to the OP. A horrible thing to happen, but at least you're ok. I was robbed of a whole £10 2 years ago in London, and that felt bad enough (the feeling of being robbed regardless of how much it is for is very very unpleasant!).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Always had a bad reputation my friend. Guess times change though, although not evidently for the poor OP.

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    Always had a bad reputation my friend. Guess times change though, although not evidently for the poor OP.

Well it's expensive and it has some upmarket properties, but is rough in parts and has some quite deprived areas. Particularly at night....

Apprentice
    used to live not far from there, closer to camden - can't say i'm surprised but it really is an awful thing to happen.

had my wallet/cash nabbed once but never a watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Well it's expensive and it has some upmarket properties, but is rough in parts and has some quite deprived areas. Particularly at night....
    01:00 - 01:30, ok-ish but definitely time to be getting along. 03:00 or later: a much greater proportion of low-life and not a time to be hanging around at all.

Thanks Everyone,

I am fine just a bit shaken up with a few bruises to my wrist/ hand and forehead. It is normally safe around Angel area but I live just of the main road so its obviously quite at night. It happened just after 1am but I guess it could always have been worse.

Its certainly is a strange feeling afterwards, I still don't think it has sunk in really.

Master
    Sorry to hear about this OP, what an awful experience. Are you well insured?

I used to live near Elephant & Castle and used to take my watch off and put it in an inside pocket every night on the two-minute walk back from the tube.

Tell you what, I don't miss the constant unease/worry of living in London. I walk around in a t-shirt with my AP, YG Day Date, and all sorts on here in Singapore and could most likely pass out on the street at night and wake up with a blanket on me, possessions intact. I never realised how much personal safety bothered me until experiencing such a weight off my mind.

Nasty experience and glad that you are mainly ok. A watch can be replaced. Hope they catch the *******

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Sorry to hear about this OP, what an awful experience. Are you well insured?

I used to live near Elephant & Castle and used to take my watch off and put it in an inside pocket every night on the two-minute walk back from the tube.

Tell you what, I don't miss the constant unease/worry of living in London. I walk around in a t-shirt with my AP, YG Day Date, and all sorts on here in Singapore and could most likely pass out on the street at night and wake up with a blanket on me, possessions intact. I never realised how much personal safety bothered me until experiencing such a weight off my mind.

And they say capital punishment doesn't work.

This is really terrible, I am happy to here you are OK, I really hope they catch the low life, that robbed you. I hope its recorded on CCTV!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Thanks Everyone,

I am fine just a bit shaken up with a few bruises to my wrist/ hand and forehead. It is normally safe around Angel area but I live just of the main road so its obviously quite at night. It happened just after 1am but I guess it could always have been worse.

Its certainly is a strange feeling afterwards, I still don't think it has sunk in really.
    Sorry to hear this, what sort of people did it ? violent crime is up 27% scary times in the UK imo.

Craftsman
    Bugger, most of mine aren't insured. But most under £1k

Sorry to hear about this. I live in London and luckily haven't experienced anything like this since uni some 15 or so years ago.

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 11th September 2017 at 18:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Thanks Everyone,

I’m glad to hear you are ok.

Regarding it “sinking in”, I had an unfortunate late night altercation about 20 years ago (in Belfast) at the hands of a group lads (thankfully I was with friends who stopped things from becoming much worse) and it has affected me ever since. Nothing major and I don’t claim to have been traumatised by it, but I am never, ever comfortable being out and about anywhere after pub chucking out time, or indeed anywhere with the potential for argy-bargy. I’m always watchful.