closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breitling Aerospace. Educate me

Banned

Love mine love the lightness and it's my daily driver slim enough under my cuff.
    But too many watches so this one will be sold soon.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bonerp; 30th April 2017 at 10:44.

Nice looking watches, saw one in pawn shop/jewelers in Sheffield city centre this lunch. Can't afford it though :(

42mm Tuxedo dial for me. The hands of the EVO don't do it and the Pro 3 bracelet just looks generic against the slanted links of the Pro 2.

These are really growing on me. I must of always ignored these previously but I seem to be noticing them all over the place suddenly. Great looking watches.

Here's my LTD edition Night Mission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my Aerospace for over 4 years now, from this very forum(Tomgw) it's been faultless! The battery has just died so I thought I'd treat it to a full breitling service, looking forward to getting it back and in use again!

Bought mine recently from the forum, 42mm tuxedo dial (E79362)...always liked ana-digi from when I had a Casio my Dad got me as a kid. It really is light compared to my other watches but I love it! Plus having 100m WR means you can use it on holiday, in the pool etc...it's fab!

Fabulous all rounder watch.

Master
    I really liked mine. Still pee'd off it got nicked. Then again I was expecting the battery to go any time soon as I bought it here in 2011 and it was still ticking from whenever the battery was done pre then. I was thinking the battery change was going to be a bit stiff in price tbh and glad at least I had not done it pre burglary. For me it made the perfect travel and holiday watch. Nice and smart and WR enough for sea and pool. Also nice and light. Though as has been said I always found the hand advance a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I nailed it first off and others it seemed a frustrating trial and error exercise.

Breitling Aerospace. Educate me

Quote Originally Posted by awo View Post
    One thing I like to add...

As far as I know, some watches claim they share the "same" movement, but it seems that Breitling (or whoever) modifies the movements more than I thought. From memory (and some videos?) the Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic XLS, e.g., uses the same base movement but it does not have that feature that allows to move the hands or display in hour steps by a "quick" turn of the crown. So, if setting the countdown to 1 hrs you need ~60 turns instead of the one "quick" one with the Aerospace. The message is, maybe you don't get the same functionality with similar cheaper watches.

I may be completely wrong, by the way...

And, I miss my Aerospace Avantage now that I think about it...
    The main differentiator is that the Victorinox XLS movement does not have thermo compensation and therefore it is not COSC certified.

Also I believe the minute repeater function is also missing in the Victorinox.

Both however, otherwise share the same foundation and architecture from these ETA family of movements.

The Caliber 79 in the Aerospace with its back removed:

Master
    I've currently got an Aerospace Evo, I've had one of some sort or other ever since the first generation ones.

I have to say though, I'm not feeling the Evo as much as the other versions I've owned. I think it's the size, mainly, but it could be the chromed 12, 3, 6 and 9 that bugs me.

I do like the backlighting on the digital panels though.

My favourite version was probably the 40mm minute repeater version wth the lumed italicised numerals, dark blue dial.

I thought I might update this thread having tried these two back to back (pics shamelessly stolen from TZ photographers ;) )

As a digression, Breitling's Manchester boutique at the Trafford Centre has a really nice spirit bar out of view, with some decent Japanese Whisky, so one way of numbing the pain of purchase ;)

Now I expected the B55 from its raw numbers to be too big for my 6.5 inch spindly wrists, but, it fits well, and has great presence without being clumsy or heavy. From a physical / tactile point of view it's really really lovely. Swapping time zones and watching the hands reposition was almost endless fun, I'm sure it would wear off eventually, but it's cool. Sorry Tony but the Aerospace didn't really get a look in, the B55 looks better, is substantial, and has a lovely case.

I'd go a far as saying the B55 is the best of the ana-digitals, and it's rechargeable battery fixes on the bug bears of the Aerospace for me. £6300 is of course madness, but with a real world discount....I'm tempted....very.

It's definitely not too big for even the slight of wrist, it's more wearable than its numbers suggest

Dave

Craftsman
    Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as I look for my own Aerospace.

Good to read that many of the things that attracted me to this watch (as a long-time "mechanical only" guy) are the things that people love about it. I can also finally see the design changes between the Avantage and the Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I thought I might update this thread having tried these two back to back (pics shamelessly stolen from TZ photographers ;) )

Aside from the straps aren't they the same?

I'd go a far as saying the B55 is the best of the ana-digitals, and it's rechargeable battery fixes on the bug bears of the Aerospace for me. £6300 is of course madness, but with a real world discount....I'm tempted....very.
    You can say what you like, but we all know the B-1 is the best of the ana-digitals

M

Craftsman
    I believe that's the B55 Exospace and the Aerospace - the former is 46mm and has a very different Digital moment that makes far more use of the upper screen for data, not just to let you know the mode. If it's the B55 and not the B50, it also has bluetooth.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Aside from the straps aren't they the same?
    Check out the B55 Exospace here

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...g-Exospace-B55

I was actually interested in the B1 for it's movement, but I find the dial too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyRoses View Post
    Check out the B55 Exospace here

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...g-Exospace-B55

I was actually interested in the B1 for it's movement, but I find the dial too busy.
    Ah yes.

Now you say it, I can spot the difference

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I bloody love mine. Looks, feel, weight, funtionality. And with the Cobra dial it's limited to 300. This one has been through a few hands on this forum.

It's getting too much wrist time at the minute, so I may have to put it up for sale soon.

It looks great on a variety of straps.

Too big for Mrs Ks tiny wrists

Ps. I was joking about moving it on. It's going nowhere.

Craftsman
    Real shame they didn't make it with a matching bracelet tho!

Now the thread has been resurrected, I’ve got a whole dose of ana-digital lust I didn’t need!

Dave

Blog Entries
    Now the thread has been resurrected, I’ve got a whole dose of ana-digital lust I didn’t need!

Dave

Here's my B55 (Full name "Breitling Exospace Night Mission" - as pictured above!) - time for winter again:

I't a very different watch to the Aeropspace - the give away are the 2 pushers present on the B55 - none on the Aerospace - which I can never get on with with my fat fingers for spinning the crown.

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 9th November 2017 at 15:55.

Blog Entries
    You can say what you like, but we all know the B-1 is the best of the ana-digitals

M
    I used to think so. . . . . until I got the B-55.

My aerospace is the only watch that I've kept hold of, no intention of ever flipping it either! A true 'go to' watch!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Here's my B55 (Full name "Breitling Exospace Night Mission" - as pictured above!) - time for winter again:

I't a very different watch to the Aeropspace - the give away are the 2 pushers present on the B55 - none on the Aerospace - which I can never get on with with my fat fingers for spinning the crown.

Martyn
    That looks lovely, Martyn. But at 46mm it's a fair chunk bigger (in watch terms) than the Aerospace, and also a fairly big difference (% wise) in price.

The dial really does look great though.

Craftsman

Whooooops! Sorry!

I used to think so. . . . . until I got the B-55.
    Personally, I don't like the idea of a watch that needs recharging.

I also found the Aerospace's single crown control unintuitive and fiddly.

I know many find it a virtue, but I was put off Aerospaces by their extreme lightness.

Not sure how much those apply to the B-55, but the price puts me off that, too!

Perhaps I just like a busy dial

M
    Last edited by snowman; 10th November 2017 at 09:38.

Blog Entries
    Personally, I don't like the idea of a watch that needs recharging.

I also found the Aerospace's single crown control unintuitive and fiddly.

I know many find it a virtue, but I was put off Aerospaces by their extreme lightness.

Not sure how much those apply to the B-55, but the price puts me off that, too!

Perhaps I just like a busy dial

M
    Hi. It’s not so much that the watch needs recharging, it’s more that you don’t need the battery replacing for 10years! In between charges even if not in ‘sleep’ mode is approx 6 months before it drops to 25% - then pop in charge for couple hours and you’re good to go again. Deep sleep mode (hybernation) means it will last much longer between charges.

Anyway - I have to agree the B-1 is a classic.

No love for the old Emergency?
    It's my go-to travel watch.

I did try an older 40mm model which the eagle eyed on the forum advised me had a replacement and incorrect movement so it was returned to the German dealer for a refund. During the time that I had it however I loved the looks but as mycroft mentioned found the multi-function crown to be a real pain with my sausage fingers so liking the ana/dig aspect I plumped for a B1 via a curious route (traded my Tutima BUND which I was selling on Ebay to an Italian Air Force officer who had the aerospace), the B1 gets a lot of wrist time but off its bracelet, fitted instead to a DiModello black strap which suits it very well).
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I did try an older 40mm model which the eagle eyed on the forum advised me had a replacement and incorrect movement so it was returned to the German dealer for a refund. During the time that I had it however I loved the looks but as mycroft mentioned found the multi-function crown to be a real pain with my sausage fingers so liking the ana/dig aspect I plumped for a B1 via a curious route (traded my Tutima BUND which I was selling on Ebay to an Italian Air Force officer who had the aerospace), the B1 gets a lot of wrist time but off its bracelet, fitted instead to a DiModello black strap which suits it very well).
    Keith
    If it was the incorrect movement - had it been repaired and the upgraded "superquartz' movement been inserted? That's what BUK did with my 1996? Aerospace.

Not impressed with the bill for it, but happy enough with the movement upgrade

Al

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    If it was the incorrect movement - had it been repaired and the upgraded "superquartz' movement been inserted? That's what BUK did with my 1996? Aerospace.

Not impressed with the bill for it, but happy enough with the movement upgrade

Al
    No (although my first B1 had received that treatment from Breitling, the case back was engraved to show the difference), this was simply a case of sticking an old movement in, I couldn't get the hour chime to work and asked on here for advice, somebody then pointed out that the digits in the display were too small...bottom line it had an earlier and wrong movement which didn't support the hour chime.

Keith

Master
    I had an Aero and really loved it, but I must admit my aviator G-Shock sucked the fun out of it. Does the same things better, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I had an Aero and really loved it, but I must admit my aviator G-Shock sucked the fun out of it. Does the same things better, and more.
    I do rather think this is the problem. Technically, the Aerospace is outmatched at very little money, OK for a mechanical, not so OK for quartz. The B55 is another matter, lovely in the metal too, but the price is a bit of a shocker!

D

Craftsman
    I tried the B50 on. Love the look. Love the Digital functions. 46mm is 3-4mm too big and the price is twice what it should be tho... doh..

Blog Entries
    No need to pay MRP if you look carefully

No need to pay MRP if you look carefully
    20% very easily achievable, but even with that, it's still at least £5300. I love it, but there is a limit to my love....

Dave

Craftsman
    Aerospace is very nice