I've just put a lovely new strap on a lovely new SARB017 as most people know the strap that comes with the watch is like thick cardboard.
I'm 5"10, 12 stone, without weird outsized arms or with Popeye-esque forearms or any other abnormality. So why is it that pretty much every watchstrap i own, i pretty much have to use the nearest-to-the-case punch hole in order for the strap to fit comfortably on my wrist. There are 6 other holes. Surely the outside 3 have no use at all to anyone. unless you wore your watch around your bicep (maybe i could start a new fashion!!)
I haven't measured my wrists but i'd say they are average for someone my height which is the average height for UK men. For far eastern countries where the average male is shorter and skinnier how do their straps stay on their wrists??
Is it to do with tradition dating back centuries like men's shirt buttons are on opposite side to women's blouses because women had a maid to do up their buttons for them or the man had his valet to dress him etc?
Couldn't straps be made shorter or the line of holes moved back towards the case so most people would have a choice of how tight they would like to wear their watch instead of only being able to use 1 particular punch hole?