closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hydronaut

Master

Hydronaut

I have been looking for a Tudor. I quite like the Pelagos and some of the other sport models. What do the panel think of the Hydronaut? They seem quite cheap in comparison.

Great watch, very well made and probably on a par with a similar age Omega - but only worth considering if you really like the looks - they are a good price for a reason, either the market hasn't taken to them just yet or it never will.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Great watch, very well made and probably on a par with a similar age Omega - but only worth considering if you really like the looks - they are a good price for a reason, either the market hasn't taken to them just yet or it never will.
    I'm not sure I like the strap on them, think they would look better with the deployment sub type.

Master
    There was a number of them up for sale here a while ago. I know because I bought one. A full set for around £825. I had it regulated after a while and it was running at minus one second per day. Great quality and somewhat overlooked. Watchfinder have a few on sale right now at roughly twice the price of the examples that sold here.

I had a Hydronaut 2 which was fantastic and I shouldn't have sold it. Great value and very comparable in size and build quality as an Omega SMP.

I almost bought one from the forum years ago. Lovely watches and no reason why they should be cheap compared to more recent models. Maybe it's because they do not have retro design themes.

Hi OP,

Tudor Hydronaut 89190 has a 39mm case so 3mm smaller than current Pelagos etc. 39mm is a great fit on my 7.25 inch wrists though Just be aware that there was a 35mm mid-size Hydronaut, model ref 85190. I believe the later Hydronaut 2 is 41mm. Very under-rated Tudor in my opinion, hence the price.

I've still got the yellow one and will never part with it, the orange one I moved onto Hidde in the Netherlands who in turn also moved it on, I'm sure Hidde won't mind my posting an old pic of the pair of 'Nauts.

Hope the above is helpful!

Cheers
    Mark

Interesting, have never seen these before. The size is perfect and I like the design of the indices and the hands. Shame about the date bubble....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Not held on in the flesh but the bezel looks quite wide (thick?), and so the ratio of dial to bezel is too low for me, the 39mm size just exaggerates this.