timefactors watches
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Strap for PRS 22

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69

    Strap for PRS 22

    The metal bracelet on my new PRS 22 is just in-between sizes, so I've ordered a Steveo (http://www.steveostraps.com/wp-conte...6/IMG_9328.jpg) on a deployant, and also a Watchworx (http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/lwb...osport-Mk2.htm).

    I'll post pics when I get them

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Pictures coming, doesn't seem to work from an iPad

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    PRS 22 Speedbird 3 by 1mgs, on Flickr

    PRS 22 Speedbird 3 by 1mgs, on Flickr

    PRS 22 Speedbird 3 by 1mgs, on Flickr

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    729
    Looks very nice. I always find it hard to find a strap for my speedbird that doesn't rub on the case. Any rubbing with this watchworx strap?

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by andytyc View Post
    Looks very nice. I always find it hard to find a strap for my speedbird that doesn't rub on the case. Any rubbing with this watchworx strap?
    Yes, it rubs on the case! Wonder if a curved strap would do it?

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    195
    Using curved springbars will stop the strap rubbing on the case.

  7. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jim View Post
    Using curved springbars will stop the strap rubbing on the case.
    thanks for that info - so for the speedbird, 20mm between the lugs, is it still a 20mm spring bar only curved that I need?

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    195
    Yes. You can buy 20mm pre-curved springbars from the usual placed.

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jim View Post
    Yes. You can buy 20mm pre-curved springbars from the usual placed.
    Now ordered, since Andytc pointed out it rubbed the case I had to take the strap off and put a Nata on, till the curved springbars come

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Here's the good news - the curved spring bar on the Speedbird 3 worked a treat and pretty much eliminates the rubbing. The bad news - the strap had already got a bit scuffed so I thought I'd take it off to tidy it up, which is when I discovered that the spring bars I bought from Cousins have no shoulders to use a spring bar against.

    how do I remove these? And, any recommendations for where to buy spring bars with shoulders?

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Here's the good news - the curved spring bar on the Speedbird 3 worked a treat and pretty much eliminates the rubbing. The bad news - the strap had already got a bit scuffed so I thought I'd take it off to tidy it up, which is when I discovered that the spring bars I bought from Cousins have no shoulders to use a spring bar against.

    how do I remove these? And, any recommendations for where to buy spring bars with shoulders?
    Maybe best to break them and toss them. What kind of spring bars don't have shoulders?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Maybe best to break them and toss them. What kind of spring bars don't have shoulders?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's what I did in the end, but now reluctant to refit them.

    Here's the bars: nothing for the spring bar tool to locate on to.

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Yes, that's what I did in the end, but now reluctant to refit them.

    Here's the bars: nothing for the spring bar tool to locate on to.
    Weird


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,494
    I think that those kind of spring bars are for lugs with the hole drilled right through.

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    I think you're right. I got some different ones from gasgasbones with a rib to locate the spring bar tool in, seems to work fine.

  16. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I think that those kind of spring bars are for lugs with the hole drilled right through.
    Yeah that would be why


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •