closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: can you actually buy a SS sports Rolex in the uk new.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Thank you Haywood.

It's funny - I thought you liked them........
    I had a feeling that was you David, you acquired a bracelet for my Tudor Sub a couple of years ago and were very helpful. Tudor has been moved on and I have now just graduated to Explorer II ownership.

Congratulations on your news BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Very thin on the ground in the UK, currently attracts a premium. Astonishing.
    Astonishing that they attract a premium? Not a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Are you new here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Are you new here?
    Yes -- February

Journeyman
    There's a Deepsea currently residing in the window of Micheal Spires (Taunton)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seaoyster View Post
    There's a Deepsea currently residing in the window of Micheal Spires (Taunton)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Regular black Deepsea isn't a watch that's hard to find, the D-Blue is much harder.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Regular black Deepsea isn't a watch that's hard to find, the D-Blue is much harder.
    Agreed. You can find a black quite easily.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's a commercial comment, which is what you might generally expect from me regarding modern Rolex.

The LV has now been out for a good number of years, there are many more recent, "hot" models and the green dial / bezel was never universally loved, so it is surprising that the 116610LV still attracts (as it certainly does) some premium in the U.K.

Supply is clearly low, which greatly supports such a model. I wonder if even the Explorer II and black DeepSea would fetch a premium if supply were thin?

While writing, members may be interested to know that my personal, commercial experience with the red SD43 has not started strongly. I suspect the premiums asked for these will drop and am reflecting carefully on them now. This leaves me further uncertain regarding the new SkyDwellers in steel, too.

Haywood

can you actually buy a SS sports Rolex in the uk new.

It's my guess that the skydweller will be another flash in the pan and I think that even the sd4k will drop back down again in the next year or so.

Not that my guess is worth a great deal!

Master
    Haywood, do you think there is more supply of the SD43, or is the drop in premium due to another factor? On paper at least it should be another "hot model".

The cynic in me wonders if the mothership are playing with the flippers on this model - deliberately putting good supply to the UK to let the casual flippers know the chance of a quick return isn't always guaranteed.

Chances are I'm over-thinking this, and the flipping of hot models in the UK isn't as much on the Rolex radar as us nerds might want to believe.

Interested to hear our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    It's a commercial comment, which is what you might generally expect from me regarding modern Rolex.

The LV has now been out for a good number of years, there are many more recent, "hot" models and the green dial / bezel was never universally loved, so it is surprising that the 116610LV still attracts (as it certainly does) some premium in the U.K.

Supply is clearly low, which greatly supports such a model. I wonder if even the Explorer II and black DeepSea would fetch a premium if supply were thin?

While writing, members may be interested to know that my personal, commercial experience with the red SD43 has not started strongly. I suspect the premiums asked for these will drop and am reflecting carefully on them now. This leaves me further uncertain regarding the new SkyDwellers in steel, too.

Haywood
    I didn't have my glasses on as I walked into an AD in Cambridge earlier and thought I saw an LV in the cabinet but it was just a Milgauss. The manager said their LV allocation is spoken for, for at least two years and they only tend to received one every 6 months.

Watchfinder have four but the cheapest is five years old and £7,250. I don't get why such a premium considering how long it's been out for. It makes think that perhaps the price rise chatter has some weight behind it.

Hopefully you are right regarding the SD43 as that is one I would like to add but the London lists are quite lengthy.

Master
    Haven't seen those 2 side by side on display from an AD for a while

Not in the UK tho, Italy.

Blog Entries
    I wonder how many people have their name on lists for Daytonas and Sub dates with multiple AD's in the hope of scoring one to sell on. Human nature to do it I suppose but probably the same people shouting about the waiting time as well.

Master
    Michael Spiers in Truro had a submariner in their window earlier in the week.

Sub, Explorer 1, Deepsea, Both Milgauss GV colours, 39mm Oyster Perpetual and Air King in Kingston AD window an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Is there a thread that is keeping an on Rolex SS models?
    I am after one and on a waiting list but would rather go to an AD due to first purchase
    If the waits too long I may go grey dealer but the extra premium bothers me and I'm not to sure if there are issues with warranty etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Hunter View Post
    I am after one and on a waiting list but would rather go to an AD due to first purchase
    If the waits too long I may go grey dealer but the extra premium bothers me and I'm not to sure if there are issues with warranty etc
    Pressleys, Worthing. Explorer 1, Explorer 2 White, GMT LN, DSSD, Yachtmaster and Milgauss.

Master
    Might help if you said what you were after and then someone could give you a heads up if they see one.

Journeyman
    After a Subc date
    I have mentioned it on this post and a few have been posted but the thread continues and the heads up is just another post in the past

Master
    There's been a couple of SubC's in SC very recently - you had better get your post count up !

Master
    After a Subc date
    I have mentioned it on this post and a few have been posted but the thread continues and the heads up is just another post in the past
    See my earlier post. Michael Spiers in Truro had one on Monday. My still be there.

Craftsman

Someone just bought a Sub Date at Heathrow

Someone flying out to Hong Kong posted on Reddit today that they just bought a Sub Date from Heathrow, he added they also had a Hulk, an Air King and a Smurf, not sure which Terminal that would be, T5?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    See my earlier post. Michael Spiers in Truro had one on Monday. My still be there.
    Will give it a try tomorrow, see if they have it, although it's a bit of a trek hope they'll deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Merch131 View Post
    Someone flying out to Hong Kong posted on Reddit today that they just bought a Sub Date from Heathrow, he added they also had a Hulk, an Air King and a Smurf, not sure which Terminal that would be, T5?
    T5, T3 or T2. Probably T5 though

I was in Parkhouse in Southampton yesterday and asked about waiting lists on the BLNR (18 months) and Daytona (15 years). I could well be interested in a BLNR but the Daytona just doesn't interest me, especially with such a long waiting list. They still have a white gold GMT in the window, now for £28k. A few years ago it was £26k and it's possible it's not the same one, but then it's possible they wouldn't make the same mistake twice and sit on a second one for months! Parkhouse are moving into the large shopping centre there and dropping everything bar Rolex, Patek and IWC. They hope to have more stock available, although I can't help think with Rolex and unless they start selling s/h it's going to be a bigger choice of Datejusts.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    15 years for a Daytona. Think that's the record so far, any raise on that?

This is going to break everyone's heart who is following this thread. A paste below from another forum just now....

Quote Originally Posted by iwenger View Post
    Hey TRF gang! I was in Rochester, NY for a few days this week (used to live there and back visiting some friends), and my wife and I decided to stop in a jewelers we used to frequent.

I'm not totally sure if I can say the name or not (Mann's in Pittsford), so mods, please delete if necessary.

Well since we moved away I have been made aware that they are an AD. Today, they had a nice collection of Rolex and some Tudor stuff as well. As the picture I snapped is not of the greatest quality, they had:

-2 Subs
    -2 LVc
    -SD4k
    -DSSD
    -D-blue
    -BLNR

Some other stuff too, but thought the above would be of the most interest. I did not think to ask about Daytonas or the new SD43 (shame on me). Sadly, nothing came home with us :(

Disclaimer: I've never bought a watch from them, so I don't know what their pricing/negotiating policies are, but thought I'd give everyone a heads up on their stock.

-Isaac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    That looks about like every AD I've ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    15 years for a Daytona. Think that's the record so far, any raise on that?
    I don't think the salesman liked me!
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    T5, T3 or T2. Probably T5 though
    Didn't see them in T5 when I flew through there on Tuesday, but will check again when I fly out again Friday. It may just be timing, but I've rarely seen anything in the Rolex shop there other than high end sparkles.

Craftsman
    I assume the AD must receive the occasional in demand watch, so it goes on display and within an hour or so it'd be sold, down to luck I guess. I bought my Sub C a few years ago having been surprised to see it in the window of Goldsmiths at the Trafford Centre. Went in to try it on, just to see what all the fuss was about, and ended up buying it.

Was told they had half a dozen customers waiting for a Sub C at the time, but on phoning each, either they couldn't be contacted or turned it down, or were in turn turned down for credit. So it went in the window a few minutes before I happened to walk past..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It's my guess that the skydweller will be another flash in the pan and I think that even the sd4k will drop back down again in the next year or so.

Not that my guess is worth a great deal!
    I'm not so sure about your prediction for the sd4k. It was only out for a couple of years and then discontinued. Can't think of any other sports Rolex watch with such a short production run.

Master
    I suspect the Skydweller will command a premium for a few months and then fall away. The SD4K will slowly appreciate and gain cult status.