closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prices at the New White Hart Lane for loyal supporters!

Prices at the New White Hart Lane for loyal supporters!

A colleague of mine’s client is a ground worker, he’s a Spurs nut follows them everywhere has had a season ticket at White Hart Lane for 23 years, at the moment he pays a little over £900 a season. East stand centre. He has been offered a comparable seat at the new stadium (you have to buy a three year deal)…………wait for it……….£17,000!!! Oh you do get a free match day programme

Loyalty to supporters!

I support Southend United for the same deal at Southend Ron Martin will come and pick you up at your home in his Bentley, you can sit on his lap during the game and get to have a fish & chip supper with him and his wife…..and get to use his hot tub!

The worlds gone mad

So pleased I took up golf…the real working man’s game!!

It is the way forward - fans are less and less relevant and 'corporate' is where the money is. I watched Arsenal home and away for nearly three seasons and only missed a couple - I enjoyed the away games much more, particularly at the smaller older grounds (Everton, Wigan, Blackburn etc) - the Old Traffords, CoM Stadium, Stamford Bridge etc were as uninspiring as the Emirates. Mind you - WHL was a complete shithole and needs demolishing!

That saddens me, it's not been about the fans for years now.

Can they offer him a seat for the £900 he was paying, wherever that may be?

Is that 17.000 for three seasons, or per season?

Blog Entries
    Blimey…. And you have to watch Spurs

Double Whammy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Is that 17.000 for three seasons, or per season?
    3 seasons (I doubt Euro games) apparently he's looking to buy a cheaper ticket behind the goal!

Master
    Clubs might be stupid sometimes but not that stupid. There will be plenty of season tickets available for £1000 or less. The actual income from seat sales is becoming less relevant as the tv money has gone up.

Journeyman
    My wife is a Bradford City fan and we have season tickets, I think they have the right idea... season tickets cost £150 each and they get around 18,000 people at each game... not sure anyone else in league one achieves that!

Master
    That's 300 quid a PL home match, that surely can't be right.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    That's 300 quid a PL home match, that surely can't be right.
    With full hospitality/drinks etc. maybe.....but I'm in agreement it can't be right

That´s nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    With full hospitality/drinks etc. maybe.....but I'm in agreement it can't be right
    This is the tunnel club £18,000 a season!
    http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk....asp?a=7522146

Master
    Blog Entries
    If they go down the same route as Arsenal, season tickets will be graded, so lets say £900 is a grade C ticket, in order to keep your season ticket you will need to get a grade C ticket in the new stadium. Arsenal gave no option to downgrade your ticket to a comparable price only to pay or join the queue for the cheap seats (several years). IIRC my mates ticket went from £1000 to £1600 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Clubs might be stupid sometimes but not that stupid. There will be plenty of season tickets available for £1000 or less. The actual income from seat sales is becoming less relevant as the tv money has gone up.

I've read some where that all Premier League clubs can let everyone in for free and still have more money than they had from the old TV deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    I've read some where that all Premier League clubs can let everyone in for free and still have more money than they had from the old TV deal.
    Yes but, why would they do anything to help their loyal fans?

Actually, what he's been offered is one of the packages for premium seats - in fact he's been offered the most expensive package.

Season ticket prices haven't been released yet, and apparently won't be until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Yes but, why would they do anything to help their loyal fans?
    They won't, my season ticket at Old Trafford is being done away with to incorporate the new extended disabled section. 2,600 seats disappear to create another 150 disabled spaces. No other seats available in my price bracket. Next price up, tier 3, forget that. Next price up, family stand, so that's a non starter. Next price up an extra £170 + cup games so around a 40% increase.
    I've been sat there for over 20 years and I've been going to games for over 45 years. I've a 2 season reprieve until my seat goes then I'll sack it.

Master
    If you don't like the prices, don't go, it is as simple as that.

You have no loyalty to them and they have no loyalty to you - that is the reality and you just have to accept it.

The game is changing and we have to change our attitudes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I really hate that 'argument'

- - - Updated - - -

You have no loyalty to them and they have no loyalty to you - that is the reality and you just have to accept it.

The game is changing and we have to change our attitudes to it.
    And no loyalty to them?

Really??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I really hate that 'argument'

- - - Updated - - -

And no loyalty to them?

Really??
    It's already been stated, the sport is aiming for TV income and sponsorship, not supporters sitting down in a stadium. Everything changes and soccer is no exception.

It's already been stated, the sport is aiming for TV income and sponsorship, not supporters sitting down in a stadium. Everything changes and soccer is no exception.
    'Football'

And regardless of that change - suggesting you stop going if you don't like the prices is ridiculous.

Most people WANT to go. A lot of people are being priced out. The 'like it or dont go' argument is one people don't want to have to choose between.

Isn't this season the first one crowd revenue has dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    A colleague of mine’s client is a ground worker, he’s a Spurs nut follows them everywhere has had a season ticket at White Hart Lane for 23 years, at the moment he pays a little over £900 a season. East stand centre. He has been offered a comparable seat at the new stadium (you have to buy a three year deal)…………wait for it……….£17,000!!! Oh you do get a free match day programme

I knew that they were trying to outdo Arsenal, but that's taking it a little too far, surely?

The halfway line Club Level seats are cheaper than that (and they come with a pint at half time).

Probably.

I read an article last season where that stat was mentioned and it's just incredible greed from the clubs.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Actually, what he's been offered is one of the packages for premium seats - in fact he's been offered the most expensive package.

Season ticket prices haven't been released yet, and apparently won't be until the summer.
    This. Season ticket prices not yet released. I'm East Stand Lower (block 30) and pay just under £900 a season. Would be really surprised if I had to pay that.

I stopped going years ago after being a season ticket holder throughout the nineties. It was obvious prices would continue to rise and that the corporate business was going to be far more important than the every-day fan.

I missed it for a few years but not any more.

Grand Master
    I`m not a football fan, but I do feel for the genuine supporters who are expected to pay money they can barely afford.

It's happened in others sports too; as a Rugby League fan I begrudge paying £24 to watch a match in a stadium that's basic to say the least. Turn the clock back 25 years and cost was never an issue; I think it was around £7/match in the early 90s and despite having far less spare cash the cost never influenced the decision to go or not.

There's no substitute for seeing a match live, whether it's football or rugby, but unfortunately it's become way too expensive.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    This. Season ticket prices not yet released. I'm East Stand Lower (block 30) and pay just under £900 a season. Would be really surprised if I had to pay that.
    I'm almost next to you in block 28!

Have you had the virtual tour yet? It's incredible, although it's clear that I'm not going to get anything like the view/position I have at the moment (5 rows in and literally on the halfway line).

Master
    'Football'

And regardless of that change - suggesting you stop going if you don't like the prices is ridiculous.

Most people WANT to go. A lot of people are being priced out. The 'like it or dont go' argument is one people don't want to have to choose between.

Isn't this season the first one crowd revenue has dropped?

The clubs have the right to set their own price and if you don't like it, then tough. The club is not there for your benefit, it is there for their benefit.

If the club can raise the price and still keep the seats full, then they are obviously doing something right and the dynamics of the game means that people like you no longer keeping the game going.

Things change, soccer changes and you need to change as well.

The clubs have the right to set their own price and if you don't like it, then tough. The club is not there for your benefit, it is there for their benefit.

If the club can raise the price and still keep the seats full, then they are obviously doing something right and the dynamics of the game means that people like you no longer keeping the game going.

Things change, soccer changes and you need to change as well.
    Not much point in me continuing the discussion to be fair with an attitude like that.

Master
    Not much point in me continuing the discussion to be fair with an attitude like that.
    Totally agree but try to remember soccer is not what it was when you were a lad.

You know how much Wayne Rooney gets paid, the money has to come from somewhere.

Spurs aren't daft; they are one of the most (if not *the* most) financially aware clubs in the country. They will set the prices at exactly the amount people will pay.

Football is mad. I reluctantly pay a tenner a game at Whitby Town but they do serve astonishly good chips. I used to have a season ticket for years at Bramall Lane and thought it was quite good value at under 400 quid a season. Course, that was when they were in the premiership, seems less good value for league one :)

Totally agree but try to remember soccer is not what it was when you were a lad.

I don't know how much he gets paid to be honest but money comes from mega TV deals and other broadcasting rights. Plus image rights etc. The clubs don't need fan income anymore, not at the top level.

Football in the main has changed and not for the better. It's tourist football now, half and half scarves and entertainment prices. The fact Man U have had every FA Cup game broadcast live since 2005 shows that.

Anyway, apologies OP as this is going away from your point (well its linked but you get me)

Master
    I don't know how much he gets paid to be honest but money comes from mega TV deals and other broadcasting rights. Plus image rights etc. The clubs don't need fan income anymore, not at the top level.

Football in the main has changed and not for the better. It's tourist football now, half and half scarves and entertainment prices. The fact Man U have had every FA Cup game broadcast live since 2005 shows that.

Anyway, apologies OP as this is going away from your point (well its linked but you get me)
    Maybe the clubs don't need the fans revenue, but they sure as heck need the fans to create an atmosphere!

Who wants to watch a football match on the tv with no crowd? Not me...

The more extreme views expressed in the thread are completely at odds with clubs official positions regarding fans, even if there is an element of truth in some of it...

Craftsman
    Very steep. Looks like we're in competition with the Gooners for most expensive tickets! As sated previously, the loyal fans are being ****** with ticket prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The money raised from ST sales and gate money is inconsequential to the PL clubs in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm almost next to you in block 28!

Have you had the virtual tour yet? It's incredible, although it's clear that I'm not going to get anything like the view/position I have at the moment (5 rows in and literally on the halfway line).

We're the Shelf Side!! Not had the virtual tour yet. Walked through the site before the Boro game and was very impressed. It's going to be much better than the New Library! Just hope Spurs are sensible in their pricing.

I'm Row 12 right on the 18 yard line and have great view too.
    Have also known the regulars around me for the last 16+ years and the banter there is great. It will be shame to lose that. Hopefully we can all agree to be relocated together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Maybe the clubs don't need the fans revenue, but they sure as heck need the fans to create an atmosphere!

Who wants to watch a football match on the tv with no crowd? Not me...

The more extreme views expressed in the thread are completely at odds with clubs official positions regarding fans, even if there is an element of truth in some of it...
    Absolutely - and that's what I'm getting at. The 'if you don't like it then don't go' is just wrong.

Without fans these clubs wouldn't exist. Given the revenue that comes in, these fans should have to pay ridiculous amounts of money

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to go (I currently have a 3yr season ticket and go to 95% of my teams away games as well). Its bloody expensive though and I dread prices if we ever get back into the prem.

I do know though that some of the points mentioned are extremes.

I'll be sad to see spurs move as well, I like WHL - was once captured on Match of the Day there back in the early 90's during a 3-1 win

Craftsman
    Absolutely - and that's what I'm getting at. The 'if you don't like it then don't go' is just wrong.

Without fans these clubs wouldn't exist. Given the revenue that comes in, these fans should have to pay ridiculous amounts of money

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to go (I currently have a 3yr season ticket and go to 95% of my teams away games as well). Its bloody expensive though and I dread prices if we ever get back into the prem.

I'll be sad to see spurs move as well, I like WHL - was once captured on Match of the Day there back in the early 90's during a 3-1 win
    I think away tickets in the premiership are capped at £30.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    This is the tunnel club £18,000 a season!
    http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk....asp?a=7522146
    £18000 a season! I'd want to be centre forward too for that money

Craftsman

They're not moving. Stadium is being rotated, rebuilt and enlarged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    I think away tickets in the premiership are capped at £30.
    Yes they are although it was only a 3yr deal wasn't it so only 2 more after this.

But I mean our season ticket prices primarily. My team (Wednesday) are one of the most expensive outside of the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    They're not moving. Stadium is being rotated, rebuilt and enlarged.

Yeah sorry I forgot that but the sentiment (like white hart lane as it is) still stands.

Craftsman
    They won't be that expensive. They need to fill an extra 24k seats. There will be plenty of price options for everyone. Will be the best stadium in the country.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I'm no Spurs fan...far from it but Footy fans are tribal for loyalty...most of the comments on here are clearly from posters who have no sporting background...on the flip side there are very few corporate businesses if any that will pay 17k per seat....not at Old Trafford, Chelsea, The Emirates let alone White Hart Lane ( no offence) what are you smoking fella? Best case they sell a few seats - 99% of the ground will be empty - now that doesn't make good business sense at all does it!..wasting my time even reading this garbage

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

We have a box at the Emirates and including VAT it costs £144k a year. That's for 15 people per game. That doesn't include food or drink - the cheapest food option is £44 per head but we usually go in at the £68 per head option. Then a beer is around £5 a bottle, wines etc etc. I reckon it costs us at least £170k a year overall.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    We have a box too....had it since inception but we pay no where near that! It is still a vulgar amount of money to put into real world context...Footy is big business, I don't doubt that but moving into a slightly uncertain economic climate I just can't see many firms clambering over themselves to commit to this sort of cash at WHL...The Hammers were practically giving their season tickets away so they could fill the seats and that is a fantastic ground with a far better location than The Seven Sisters Road

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Football has been going this way for years, i remember going to Champion League games and so on with prices rising and hospitality and corporate taking up more and more of the stadium, was sad to see some big games that normal supporters couldn't get in to, but full of corporate who rarely made it back after half time from the hospitality suite.

Sadly unless the TV money starts reducing, they'll not really care about fans at the stadium as it's not as profitable to them.

Blog Entries
    They won't, my season ticket at Old Trafford is being done away with to incorporate the new extended disabled section. 2,600 seats disappear to create another 150 disabled spaces. No other seats available in my price bracket. Next price up, tier 3, forget that. Next price up, family stand, so that's a non starter. Next price up an extra £170 + cup games so around a 40% increase.
    I've been sat there for over 20 years and I've been going to games for over 45 years. I've a 2 season reprieve until my seat goes then I'll sack it.
    Very sorry to hear that fella although, by no means am I surprised.

It boils down to the fact that the football clubs only care about the money. They kowtow completely to the TV companies, who are even further removed from the fan who finds the game he was going to attend on a Saturday at 3pm at the other end of the country, is now to be played on a Monday night at 8pm, therefore necessitating two days off work and a hotel room. If they cared, they would make sure that midweek games are scheduled between clubs within a certain distance from each other with reasonable transport options. The move to larger stadiums has seen the clubs chasing the corporate dollar with more and more of the potential capacity given over to boxes for more plastics to attend with their wannabe wags in attendance. They complain about the lack of atmosphere but fail to see this approach is adding monumentally to the problem. That and the current trend of police no longer allowing singing in pubs near stadiums so newcomers cannot learn the songs, will see atmosphere all but die within grounds within 20 years, save for the faithful at the away end.

I am a Chelsea home and away season ticket holder and I virtually never miss an away premiership game (last time was August 2014 away at Burnley when it was moved to a Monday night on my deadline day - incidentally, that's where I'll be on Sunday). I pay £900 for my home ticket and, this year, have seen my away ticket reduced to just £570. However, if they doubled the cost, I would find a way to afford it but, the fact people would be willing to pay more is not the point. In a world where clubs have TV revenue that's unrivaled throughout the world, they don't have to squeeze and squeeze to the point that it affects the lives of the fans. It's meant to be a joy. Treat the matchday fan fairly as they're the ones putting in the effort every week to get behind the teams. These are the people that care.

Blog Entries
    The TV multi-millions bubble will not last forever and the day will come when the big footy clubs cast their eyes over empty stadiums and wonder where their fans have gone! Some bright marketing spark will say " I know, we will drop ticket prices by a fiver and we will have a full stadium next week"! Dream on, once the fans have 'made the break' they will realise that they can survive without attending matches and keep a good lump of cash in their trousers for other things!
    Short term thinking is great but ultimately there will be a price to pay for customer 'stiffing', this has been well demonstrated in business and footy has no golden 'get out of jail' card. I know many will disagree with me, that's fine and I say to all the stalwart troopers who turn out to watch their 'big club' teams week in, week out, enjoy it while you can as the day will come when you and your pocket will think "Sod this for a game of soldiers"!
    Last edited by KavKav; 9th February 2017 at 08:52.

^^^^
    imo we have some way to go before that happens. The EPL will look to reinvent itself e.g break away European Super League, league games played abroad to promote the EPL in Asia, U.S etc. All this to the detriment of domestic cups, lower league clubs and grassroots football.