closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris service centre question.

Oris service centre question.

Hi all, recently purchased an Oris 111 cal. watch and unfortunately it has developed a fault where it runs down to 2 days power reserve remaining and stops. I wound it back to the maximum 10 days and let it run down, once again it got to 2 days and stopped again. I have been on the Oris web site and they provide a form for you to fill out the serial number and fault details which you print off and send in with your watch. I have done this and searched for the Oris service centre. The only one that appears is "Chrontime" in Bolton but they have no contact details listed (they tell you to contact the service centre before sending the watch). A quick Google search gave a few details about address etc. but no phone number or email. Anyone used them before and have any contact details?

Grand Master
    http://www.actimepieces.co.uk/about-us/

I think Andrew Charles are accredited Oris repairers, and I think I`ve bought Oris parts from them in the past. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, will give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Hi all, recently purchased an Oris 111 cal. watch and unfortunately it has developed a fault where it runs down to 2 days power reserve remaining and stops. I wound it back to the maximum 10 days and let it run down, once again it got to 2 days and stopped again. I have been on the Oris web site and they provide a form for you to fill out the serial number and fault details which you print off and send in with your watch. I have done this and searched for the Oris service centre. The only one that appears is "Chrontime" in Bolton but they have no contact details listed (they tell you to contact the service centre before sending the watch). A quick Google search gave a few details about address etc. but no phone number or email. Anyone used them before and have any contact details?
    Click on the info you have found on their website and the following should appear:

Chrontime Ltd
    Suite 20
    Rivington House
    Horwich Business Park
    Chorley New Road
    BOLTON
    BL6 5UE

+44 1 204 695 789
    info@chrontime.co.uk

While they don't appear to have a website, Rivington House does exist: StreetView.

Thanks - nothing happens when I click on it. Different Web browser perhaps? Thanks, will contact them.

I've been in contact with Chrontime for the past week, every email answered quickly and received another today confirming receipt of my watch. So far so good, certainly an improvement over Andrew Charles. Will update when I have more

I sent my watch in a couple of weeks back. I asked them to confirm receipt of the watch and they did the next day. Not been in contact since, I did hope they would drop me an email with some sort of an estimate on how long the repair will take.

I sent my watch in a couple of weeks back. I asked them to confirm receipt of the watch and they did the next day. Not been in contact since, I did hope they would drop me an email with some sort of an estimate on how long the repair will take.
    Is it a warranty claim?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Hi - I live about 100 metres away from Andrew Charles (and have popped in there for a chat once or twice in the past). If anyone needs someone 'on the ground' feel free to drop me a PM and I'll happily drop in there on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Is it a warranty claim?

Yes, watch is only a few months old.

Yes, watch is only a few months old.
    In that case I'd definitely send an email to try to hurry things along or at least get an idea of turn around hope it's not too long

Well, I emailed to ask for a time frame and they told me it would be 8-10 weeks. Can't say I'm happy about that but what can you do? Leaves me without a watch for a couple of months too.

Well, I emailed to ask for a time frame and they told me it would be 8-10 weeks. Can't say I'm happy about that but what can you do? Leaves me without a watch for a couple of months too.
    Wow, I'm really surprised it's as long as that for a warranty claim. Maybe it's a parts issue or updated training is required as it's such a new movement? I've been quoted 3-4 weeks but I'm only having superficial work carried out.

Had a call from the service centre today. They have had the watch since around February 9th and were calling to advise me that it can't be repaired by them and Oris Switzerland have told them to send it to them which would mean a further 8-10 weeks to figure out what's wrong. Aparrently it's because it's such a new movement and being in-house it warrants further investigation by their experts.
    The person I spoke to suggested I should consider returning the watch to the supplying AD and ask for a replacement. I'd be keen to do that as the watch will have been away for repair for longer than it's spent on my wrist! However as I purchased it last November I'm not sure I would be able to return it and would get told to send it back for repair anyway.
    Anyone been in a similar situation and had any joy with getting a replacement?
    Last edited by Grandiloquence; 16th March 2017 at 13:06.

Master
    Had a call from the service centre today. They have had the watch since around February 9th and were calling to advise me that it can't be repaired by them and Oris Switzerland have told them to send it to them which would mean a further 8-10 weeks to figure out what's wrong. Aparrently it's because it's such a new movement and being in-house it warrants further investigation by their experts.
    The person I spoke to suggested I should consider returning the watch to the supplying AD and ask for a replacement. I'd be keen to do that as the watch will have been away for repair for longer than it's spent on my wrist! However as I purchased it last November I'm not sure I would be able to return it and would get told to send it back for repair anyway.
    Anyone been in a similar situation and had any joy with getting a replacement?
    I think the AD SHOULD be able to issue a replacement and simply return yours to Oris as defective. Whether they actually can or are willing to is another matter. It certainly seems the sensible way and if it's being recommended by Oris you would hope this is a standard procedure between them and their retailers.

Cheers. The service centre are sending me a job sheet including notes explaining the situation and the inability to repair the watch etc. Hopefully I will be able to get it replaced as I am starting to forget what the watch looked like!
    That and it's currently my only watch...

Master
    Cheers. The service centre are sending me a job sheet including notes explaining the situation and the inability to repair the watch etc. Hopefully I will be able to get it replaced as I am starting to forget what the watch looked like!
    That and it's currently my only watch...
    Only watch?! Are you the only normal person on here?! ;-)

I think anyone on here with one watch would be considered abnormal!

Master
    I think anyone on here with one watch would be considered abnormal!
    Abnormal for here; normal in the real world! ;-)