closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodi & Sky

I'm starting to think a VPN for Kodi use might be in order, anyone have any experience with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I'm starting to think a VPN for Kodi use might be in order, anyone have any experience with this ?
    More expense to watch content without paying the original content owner.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Usually VPNs make things slow and unreliable - even more so than Kodi already is in my experience

Craftsman
    Yep. I've got a VPN, as the Snooper Charter makes me nervous. I am not doing anything illegal, but I had to look up some health conditions affecting my family. And with the changes in place, almost any numpty connected to a government agency will be able to look up my history. Anyway, the VPN kind of works, but is slow and patchy. I wouldn't even try with Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by VoleBoy View Post
    Yep. I've got a VPN, as the Snooper Charter makes me nervous. I am not doing anything illegal, but I had to look up some health conditions affecting my family. And with the changes in place, almost any numpty connected to a government agency will be able to look up my history. Anyway, the VPN kind of works, but is slow and patchy. I wouldn't even try with Kodi.
    using a vpn doesn't stop you being snooped on. and even if it wasn't hacked some vpn companies record and keep all your traffic data so a simple warrant will revel everything. a much more anonymous route would be to use tor. but even this is not 100% fail safe although a lot better at hiding your traffic than a vpn. your isp can see you are connected to the tor network but thats it. they cant see where you are visiting

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post
    using a vpn doesn't stop you being snooped on. and even if it wasn't hacked some vpn companies record and keep all your traffic data so a simple warrant will revel everything. a much more anonymous route would be to use tor. but even this is not 100% fail safe although a lot better at hiding your traffic than a vpn. your isp can see you are connected to the tor network but thats it. they cant see where you are visiting

The VPN I choose doesn't keep any records. I did quite a bit of research. It may not be perfect, and I might be deluding myself, but I wanted to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by VoleBoy View Post
    The VPN I choose doesn't keep any records. I did quite a bit of research. It may not be perfect, and I might be deluding myself, but I wanted to do something.
    if you've happy with it then i suppose thats all that matters. it wouldn't be my choice for hiding my traffic though. and being anonymous online

Master
    Only a Daily Mail link I'm afraid but it looks like streaming copyright material has been declared illegal by the European Court of Justice:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-illegal.html

oh well thats it all over now better get my sky contract back

Craftsman
    I struggle with live TV.
    Something that really annoys my with kodi addons are you are now being offered 4k but no one I have found really offers 5.1 sound or higher. I'm I the only one?

By the way I have sky, Amazon and Netflix.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    Kodi is better than Sky, because, for about £10 per month, you can have every single sports channel going, - not just UK ones. All in HD or 4K (where available). And you can have your choice of UI, - endless options - many of which are much better than Sky.

You can also have all the movies & box sets, - literally anything you want.

Plus every single Pay Per View event.
    What are you subscribing to?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie_66 View Post
    What are you subscribing to?
    Mind bending drugs by the sound of it !
    I'll be surprised if he cracks on.

Nothing like admitting criminal activity on a public forum......
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Only a Daily Mail link I'm afraid but it looks like streaming copyright material has been declared illegal by the European Court of Justice:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-illegal.html
    no it is now illegal to sell 'fully loaded' boxes, meaning buying a fire stick for instance with kodi on it and pre configured to play movies, nothing about doing yourself,

regardless of what the daily fail said about 'streaming content' the ruling was against a guy selling the boxes, this is now deemed illegal.

Master
    Resurection.

Is there any point installing Kodi on my Samsung phone? I'm not interested in the 'dodgy' parts.

Presumably it could be used for iPlayer, itv, etc. Is it worth it over the individual apps?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Im considering Iptv you get 4000 channels as long as you have over 20mb from your isp then its suppose to be good,you can install it on a fire stick,android box and u pay £60 for the year or can pay monthly at a bit more expense.

I have a raspberry pi2 that i hardly use i have kodi on my mac and phone and can chromecast or connect via cable from there.

Try opera web browser it has vpn built it if you select the opera turbo option on file menu for anyone needing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post
    Im considering Iptv you get 4000 channels as long as you have over 20mb from your isp then its suppose to be good,you can install it on a fire stick,android box and u pay £60 for the year or can pay monthly at a bit more expense.

I have a raspberry pi2 that i hardly use i have kodi on my mac and phone and can chromecast or connect via cable from there.

Try opera web browser it has vpn built it if you select the opera turbo option on file menu for anyone needing one.
    4000 Channels ? Who has the time to watch a tenth of that ?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    4000 Channels ? Who has the time to watch a tenth of that ?

My mrs ...the way she goes through them and says there is nowt on lol

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post

Let me know how you get on and the available channels etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Resurection.

Is there any point installing Kodi on my Samsung phone? I'm not interested in the 'dodgy' parts.

Presumably it could be used for iPlayer, itv, etc. Is it worth it over the individual apps?
    Probably not. Just use the apps and if you have something downloaded use VLC player

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie_66 View Post
    Let me know how you get on and the available channels etc.

Probably not. Just use the apps and if you have something downloaded use VLC player
    Im using FAB ip TV, lots of VOD stuff including box sets. TV catch-up on every channel I've tried and I'm currently using it on my iPad in Portugal though I'm lucky that the hotel has great wifi, full signal at the far side of the poolside!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Resurection.

No not really. It's a pain in the rear and if you're not using it for dodgy parts then there's little point.

If it's not illegal to stream content to Kodi just call your ISP and ask them to unblock whatever they've done to prevent you doing, then let us know how you get along.

As with most shady efforts, and I've done it in the past, it's a PITA having to dance around the speedbumps they put in front of you to stop you doing it. In the end any permanent solution has a low WAF as a result and therefore not worth the effort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    If it's not illegal to stream content to Kodi just call your ISP and ask them to unblock whatever they've done to prevent you doing, then let us know how you get along.
    To which blocking specifically are you referring?