closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMP Bezel insert help please.

Craftsman

Omega SMP Bezel insert help please.

Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone has come across this before. I am on holiday in Goa at the mo and have only 2 watches with me. My PAM 90 and an Omega SMP.

Yesterday after a bit of a jaunt in the sea. I rinsed my SMP in fresh water as normal and the bloody bezel insert fell out! Now I have no access to an AD or repair shop here. So I would like to know if I can replace the insert myself. If so, can any one provide me with an idiots guide on how to do so? This would include lining up the insert to the bezel correctly. It looks like these things are glued in from the little bit Ive gleaned from searching online. My web access and speed is not the best at the mo! :-(

Any help given would be greatly appreciated as I flatly refuse to wear my PAM on the beach as only have the leather strap with me!

Thanks guys and look forward to your help.

All the best,

J

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Omega insert and bezel come as one unit, if you want to try an in field repair just try a bit of glue, or leave it off the watch and get repaired when home!!

mike

Grand Master
    The insert should be a tight snap fit, if it's a genuine insert and it was fitted correctly it wouldn't come out easily, after removing the bezel they still need a press to get them apart.

Paul

Banned
    You can try press fitting it into place (be careful not to apply too much pressure around the bezel pip) and then when you are back then maybe pay a visit to a competent watchmaker or It maybe best to leave it off the watch and sort it when you return.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk