closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another mil strap

Master

Another mil strap

Another Mil Strap

Thanks for the link, ordered one, should arrive on Friday so I'll report back then. I'm thinking it will be suitable for my Bulova Moon Watch...

Craftsman
    Just ordered one for my Bulova. I reckon it would work on a Speedy too. Thanks.

Craftsman
    Wonder where the excess strap goes when you don't wear it over a jacket? Looks too long for the keeper to handle, unless you fold it back like a NATO. Be a shame if it needs chopping.

I would fold it back, doesn't need to be neat, it's a utility strap! Thanks for the tip, I've bought one. Didn't get the Falklands one as I don't have any connection to it so seemed a bit presumptuous. Also a third premium!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Didn't get the Falklands one as I don't have any connection to it so seemed a bit presumptuous. Also a third premium! [/QUOTE]

I didn't go for the Falklands one either, £10 better off in my pocket and no connection with the Falklands in the 1980's (I did have a brief trip there in the mid 1990's as an Engineering Geologist but that's another story...)

Here's mine. Stitching is a bit wonky and the end of the clasp is a bit sharp and the coating is worn off but I suppose it adds to the charm.

Here's a tip, I turned the keepers round the other way so the rough end isn't rubbing against my sensitive but now combat ready wrist...

Craftsman

.....and on the Bulova moon watch

I really like it!

It's comfortable isn't it? As it's infinitely adjustable.

Here it is on a CWC which is not much younger the the strap (and the strap is the same age as me!)

After seeing these, I treat myself to the non date strap. Fitted it to my PRS5 Broadarrow (19mm lugs) and it fits perfect so I reckon it's nearer a 19mm width.

Agreed too, very comfortable!

The only problem I see with these is the price given that it would appear that they are just some form of utility strap rather than anything designed for a watch. I don't want to ruin the party but I would like to put this link here before these straps enter internet lore as some sort of newly-discovered ersatz NATO.

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...TY-WATCH-STRAP

A masterstroke by Silvermans, in any case, it would appear.

Yup a good way of flogging some old stock but it's a nice to enjoy a different kind of strap and buckle with military connotations. Fine with me it's a utility strap rather than specifically a watch one, in fact makes it more interesting.

Craftsman

Couldn't help myself..........

Soon as I found out these were old utility straps, I checked out ebay with a mind to knocking up a strap or two. Well, couldn't find anything in the 19 to 20mm range but there are loads of straps with 1" width. Many have the Aerolex buckle, so thought I would see if one of those would fit the Aldi Aviation watch I picked up as the square one has 24mm lugs. Bit of fun cutting up the strap and copying the CWC version. I know it looks preposterous, but I like it! Kind of like having a 50's jet cockpit clock mounted to my wrist with a harness strap!

Will keep looking for 20mm straps now.
    Last edited by simesman; 15th February 2017 at 12:43.

Looks pretty good! Suits the watch. How much was the utility strap?

Craftsman
    49p plus £2.95 P+P. Got another type with the same buckle for £3.50 all in. Just type in Utility Strap and look in the Collectable - Militaria category. Loads of them, all around £3ish. Just make sure they have the Aerolex buckle as they look great! Let me know if you find any 20mm straps please.

Bargain!

Craftsman

Gone too far?

Made another yesterday. More supple and lighter in colour (more Khaki). Same Aerolex buckle plus a cool sewn in patch! Very easy to make but will stop now.

Looks very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    49p plus £2.95 P+P. Got another type with the same buckle for £3.50 all in. Just type in Utility Strap and look in the Collectable - Militaria category. Loads of them, all around £3ish. Just make sure they have the Aerolex buckle as they look great! Let me know if you find any 20mm straps please.
    I admire your ingenuity and lateral thinking.

Craftsman
    .........and I admire CWC for charging up to £40 for these things! They are quite brilliant though, just wish I could get hold of 20 and 22mm variants.