closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulova Moon Watch Thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Do you have a link with more info on the new watches.
    Cheers.
    No photos yet, but I saw a prototype a while back at their US HQ in the Empire State Building.

Regards,
    Adam

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    No photos yet, but I saw a prototype a while back at their US HQ in the Empire State Building.

Regards,
    Adam
    Cheers.

Master
    I have finally given in. A itch that needs scratching. Plenty have found it too big and sold on again. Let's hope I can get on with it. My tastes have changed to appreciate the larger watch, so there is hope at least! Will find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    I have finally given in. A itch that needs scratching. Plenty have found it too big and sold on again. Let's hope I can get on with it. My tastes have changed to appreciate the larger watch, so there is hope at least! Will find out next week.
    My advice is to not knee-jerk. I initially thought it was too big but it really isn't and works so well. Give it a week and you'll love it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    I was playing with a cheap macro lens earlier

That piece of debris between 55 and 60 annoyingly isn't on the lens, it's underneath the the crystal! Wish I never bothered with the macro now!
    LoL.. annoying isn't it!? what can you do though? i have the same problem with an omega, but haven't done anything about it yet, but still annoys me so much even though it is just as invisible as yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worn and wound on the moonwatch 2.0 and stars and stripes chrono (and that is one which reallyshouldn't be 46mm)

http://wornandwound.com/bulova-taps-...stars-stripes/

^^^No mention of it coming in a non-DLC version unfortunately.

Last year, the Apollo 15 “Moon Watch” was the first revival from the Archive Series, which is focused on bringing back iconic designs from the past for modern audiences. For 2017, Bulova is following up on that successful release with a blacked-out version of the Moon Watch paired with a black leather NATO-style strap. Differences between version 2.0 and last year’s variant include the introduction of a new sans-serif Bulova logo and the exclusion of a date–two small, but impactful changes. The case dimensions are otherwise identical to that of the first iteration. There is no accompanying bracelet option.

Thanks for posting Sean. If I could afford it, my solution would be to buy the black and have the dials swapped then I'd have the best of both
    watches.

EDIT - just realised I'd need the movements swapped too due to the date / no date issue.

Why spoil an otherwise perfectly good re-issue?
    I know, I know, it's all about making money but surely this watch should have been left alone, it was a historically important watch originally that has now been cheapened.

Apprentice
    incredibly well made watch for such a low price and would have been a keeper, if Bulova made it smaller. I have bracelet model (also strap with curved spring bars) and with 7 inch wrist with big wristbone it's a pain to wear - too big, too thick, too heavy. Also 1/2 second hand is little bit annoying - sweep second would have been much cooler.

I'm very happy with mine and certainly wouldn't want it to have the black case or the date deletion of the second version.

@ camouflage above... it's strange isn't it how different people's perceptions can be - despite having the same(-ish) sized wrists as you, I don't think the Bulova is big, thick or heavy! I suspect it also depends on what you're comparing it with... I'm also convinced it's a much bulkier watch on the bracelet.

Simon

Totally agree, Mycroft.
    VFM for this watch is imho nothing short of spectacular.

I'm wearing mine today and I love it every time I wear it. The small second hand doesn't bother me and actually it ticks ten times every five seconds so is still better than a regular quartz.

Master
    This arrived today as part of a trade deal....

First impression - very impressed. Don't know why I didn't try one sooner. It is very comfortable on the wrist and certainly wears smaller than I thought. My wrist is a shade over 7 inches and I think it fits superbly. I think this one deserves a nice handmade leather strap....

^^^^ It does deserve a handmade strap which is exactly what I did, see my posts earlier in this thread. The OEM strap does nowt for it but when you get a nice leather on it......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ^^^^ It does deserve a handmade strap which is exactly what I did, see my posts earlier in this thread. The OEM strap does nowt for it but when you get a nice leather on it......
    Been in touch its Pavel and am considering options.

Been in touch its Pavel and am considering options.
    Right decision

Master
    Definitely earns its place as a "poor man's Speedie" and it is good that Citizen seem keen on retaining the Bulova brand and reflecting on the history.

I don't have a Moonwatch but I've had a couple of 262/Precisionist watches - one is pretty good for timekeeping but the other is actually worse than my Precista 18Q which was disappointing. Of course, although the movement is High beat it is not a proper HEQ because there is no temperature compensation, and possibly that explains the differences.

Luckily for me, I have tried the watch and it does look too large for my personal taste, and I'm not keen on the "moulded" lugs - so my money is safe in the bank for now. It does seem decent value, but not outstanding in my view, although Citizen seem to have gone all-out on the packaging and links to the heritage of the design. I do like the non-traditional pushers though - built for comfort.

Now if they would do a slightly smaller version, stainless steel (not PVD black thanks), and keep the price down to £250 maximum ..................... it doesn't hurt to dream.

I'll be tempted to try the black version. Will hopefully wear a bit smaller. Love the decision to delete the date.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A couple of days in and this watch continues to impress. I don't really like the standard black woven patterned strap, so until I get hold of a decent leather I have popped it on a cheap khaki nylon. Inexpensive this strap may be, but I think it looks great and is just so comfortable.

And a quick lume shot just because...

Its a great watch and I really like mine.I bought it in the recent Jura sale.

I've got the bracelet version but thinking of swapping it out for a black leather or Nato.
    Anyone had issues with the hole position being closer to the case on the bracelet version?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Its a great watch and I really like mine.I bought it in the recent Jura sale.

I've got the bracelet version but thinking of swapping it out for a black leather or Nato.
    Anyone had issues with the hole position being closer to the case on the bracelet version?
    Good luck with that one- Might just have been me but I was unsuccessful in removing the bracelet despite a lot of trying

Craftsman
    I've almost bought one of these a couple of times now. I can never find myself bonding to Quartz watches tho. It's the date window in the end that puts me off...

I fancy trying one of anyone is thinking of flipping.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A little strap change for mine today

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I'd pounce on this at 40-42. I'm sure 1000s of others would too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    I agree. That's the only thing stopping me. I'm saving up for an Omega Speedmaster automatic at 39mm

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrod3950 View Post
    I agree. That's the only thing stopping me. I'm saving up for an Omega Speedmaster automatic at 39mm

I was. Then I bought the precista PRS 5 broadarrow, saving £1k

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I was. Then I bought the precista PRS 5 broadarrow, saving £1k

What I like about these threads is the introduction to the wide world of brands. That's a nice watch.

My accidental amazon purchase landed this evening. I rather like it! I reckon it wears a lot smaller than the dimensions suggest (I normally dislike anything larger than 42mm) but the downward curve of the lugs makes it very comfortable and (I think) the way the bezel and crystal stand proud of the case makes it less visually heavy than a more square-shouldered watch.

I love the movement and functionality, the pusher design is rather lovely and the dial is very lovely indeed. Honestly, I cannot believe it was only £300, it feels very well made indeed and the finish is amazing at that price point.

I'm not a massive fan of the leather strap, though the plain steel-loop buckle is a nice touch; the Velcro strap suits the watch better IMO. So. Time will tell whether it's a keeper or not, but first impressions are very good indeed.

Just got an alert that these are now £296 on Amazon UK. Now wondering if I was too hasty sending the last one back. So much indecision surrounding this particular watch!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesianbriggs View Post
    Just got an alert that these are now £296 on Amazon UK. Now wondering if I was too hasty sending the last one back. So much indecision surrounding this particular watch!

Go for it James, use my Everest money LOL

Honestly it's simply an awesome watch for that money, I've been wearing mine 90% of the time since January and I love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesianbriggs View Post

Great value. Really enjoying mine and wondering why I took so long to take the plunge.

prompted by the price drop on amazon and receiving payment on an invoice i finally ordered one. Will be interesting to finally try it on - my wrist is a little under 7.75" so hoping it won't be too big

Quote Originally Posted by gawkrodger View Post
    prompted by the price drop on amazon and receiving payment on an invoice i finally ordered one. Will be interesting to finally try it on - my wrist is a little under 7.75" so hoping it won't be too big
    Mine's 6.75 and it isn't too big for me.

£296 is superb value. Just sold mine for 310 on eBay!

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    See my post above my wrist is 7.75 too

Master
    Although the size is good for me I could not resist this comparison shot

Craftsman
    Bracelet version available for £335 using 8val8 at HS Johnson if you are after one. Not bad for that money.

Mine arrived a few days ago.

Quick thoughts - packaging/case impressive for the price. Quality of the watch is also good and size OK for my wrist.

However, when on, it seemed ever-so-slightly off - I think it's the strap size makes it appear slightly out of proportion - if ever there was a watch begging for a 22mm strap, this is surely it.

I've ordered a new strap which has literally just arrived so I'll stick it on and hopefully makes it look better

Master

However, when on, it seemed ever-so-slightly off - I think it's the strap size makes it appear slightly out of proportion - if ever there was a watch begging for a 22mm strap, this is surely
    I know what you mean- I don't think it's as noticeable on the bracelet edition

- - - Updated - - -

However, when on, it seemed ever-so-slightly off - I think it's the strap size makes it appear slightly out of proportion - if ever there was a watch begging for a 22mm strap, this is surely
    I know what you mean- I don't think it's as noticeable on the bracelet edition

right, stuck it on a new strap and it feels and looks much better

Master
    A couple of days in and this watch continues to impress. I don't really like the standard black woven patterned strap, so until I get hold of a decent leather I have popped it on a cheap khaki nylon. Inexpensive this strap may be, but I think it looks great and is just so comfortable.

What strap is this please? Could well persuade me to wear mine more often

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    What strap is this please? Could well persuade me to wear mine more often
    This strap had been languishing in the bottom of my watch box for a long time until the Bulova turned up. I cannot remember for sure, but I believe it to be the same or very similar to eBay item number 231726764811.

Master
    This strap had been languishing in the bottom of my watch box for a long time until the Bulova turned up. I cannot remember for sure, but I believe it to be the same or very similar to eBay item number 231726764811.
    Thanks

Bulova Moon Watch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Although the size is good for me I could not resist this comparison shot
    Holy shit. I've got a 7A28 and that's quite a difference in size.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Holy shit. I've got a 7A28 and that's quite a difference in size.
    It's a 7T32 so smallwe

Master
    Anybody with a 6.5" wrist has one of these? Pics would be great.
    Last edited by ronin; 25th April 2017 at 11:31.

Journeyman
    right, stuck it on a new strap and it feels and looks much better

I really like that combination.

I keep coming back to this due to my space watch obsession - however like many I worry about the size.

I'm a 6.75" like David - in some of the pictures posted the lug to lug looks just a little much. The perspective in wrist shots can be deceptive though.

I am thinking that it might be OK on a 20mm perlon strap.........hmm.........