closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 7546-6040 day and date wheel (maybe bezel insert) required, where to source ?

Craftsman

Seiko 7546-6040 day and date wheel (maybe bezel insert) required, where to source ?

Hi all, some help required. I have a good working condition Seiko 7546-6040 bought on here and have decided to get James (at dreamboat10) to relume the dial and hands.

He's said he'll do it and replace the day/date wheels (very faded) at the same time if I supply the parts. Ive had a loook around but havent come up with anything that I can be sure will do the job.

Any help as to where to source these (day and date wheels and maybe a new bezel insert) would be greatly appreciated, many thanks, here's hopeing

Thanks
    Regards
    Robin

Master
    I think I'm correct on saying any day/date wheels for the 7546,7548,7549 or 6309 as long as the wheels are from watches with 4pm crowns- this may or may not help your quest
    A decient bezel insert might be tricky (if your looking for a genuine original)
    Last edited by lewie; 22nd January 2017 at 17:23.

EDITED
    My response applied to 7548, not 100% sure on 7546 sorry!
    Last edited by .olli.; 24th January 2017 at 09:03.

Black with white text ones are hard to find if you're wanting it to be as per the original.

The black day wheel is part # 870559 I think. Double check if you find one for sale. Unsure of the part number for the (edit ; changed from day to date) date wheel but if you find a donor watch make sure calender at 3 and crown at 4. I'm not sure but due to 6309 7548 calendar parts working you might find a 6119 or 6619 date wheel will work. I believe there are a few black date wheels on 6119 / 6619 dress watches. I did a 7546-604A with 7548 day wheel and black date wheel and it looked good but wanted it to be like the original.

Might be someone on SCWF who has one spare, otherwise Stefan as mentioned may have one but last time I checked he didn't. Will see if I have a black date wheel spare but definitely don't have the day wheel.

Good condition original Pepsi bezels are hard to find. I have a NOS black bezel I sourced from eBay and there may be a couple of those going, but no Pepsi....

Part number for the Pepsi bezel is 86019632 iirc.

Edit: date wheel part number you'd need is 801602, maybe other compatible ones as that might just be a Spanish language version... However it is the black wheel with white text..
    Last edited by Bodo; 24th January 2017 at 11:55. Reason: Meant to say date wheel...

A 7549 day wheel won't fit as the canon pinion and hour wheel is a much larger diameter than the 7546/8.

Craftsman

Guys, many thanks , got some part numbers now so can have a better look around.

I'd like to be original but would accept a white day wheel and persoanlly a black bezel would suit too which I now think is part Seiko 86019631.

BTW whats the part number for tthe black bezel ? and I'm assuming getting the dial relumed is going to be easier than trying to fina a NOS one or a good used ?

Better get on with some searching

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    A 7549 day wheel won't fit as the canon pinion and hour wheel is a much larger diameter than the 7546/8.
    Last edited by RobinTR6; 30th January 2017 at 13:42.

As you say, it's 86019631 for the black rotating ring.

Craftsman

7546 6040 progress

Progress, managed to source a 7546 6040 non working watch from the USA with both day/date wheels, unfortunatley bezel is a pepsi. Also now found a black bezel in the UK. A mate will send over the watch as its cheaper for him to do than the price quoted to ship from the seller.

Next question, how easy is it to swap bezel ?

Regards
    Robin

It's fairly tightly fitted I've found. More so if the gasket is completely hardened/gunked up.

There is a small lip so rotate that to 12 o'clock. Mask off the case and then insert a very thin edged blade or bezel removal tool and twist. Try and do this around circumference of the bezel so as not to bend the bezel out of shape. Main thing is to mask the case off properly.