closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches with similar looks and complications as Patek 2499 platinum

Watches with similar looks and complications as Patek 2499 platinum

Needless to say I cannot afford the insanely expensive PP 2499 Platinum, nor could or would I buy one even if I had the money.

I do however love the simple, symmetrical and classic design and I am yet to find a similar looking watch with the same aesthetics. I own the Zenith Chronomaster with the same complications and while I love it, it is not quite as elegant as the PP.

None of the pictures are mine btw. My photography skills are poor at best, so you're all better off with some pics I found on the web.

If someone can point me in the right direction and suggest some quality alternatives to the PP 2499, it would be appreciated.

A few notes in this regard:

1) My budget is up to £10K
    2) Must be steel, white gold, platinum or other type of white metal.
    3) While the watch must have exactly the same complications, the dial should look as simple and elegant as possible.
    4) The Chronograph pushers must be round.
    5) 40mm max.
    6) No arabic or roman numerals. Just simple hour markers.
    7) Dial must be white or silver.
    8) No specific brand preference, but must be a reputable brand with good history. Does not have to be Swiss or very well known.
    9) Movement does not have to be in-house.
    10) Can be manual or automatic.
    11) While I prefer a new watch, I am open to vintage watches as well.

In other words, ideally the watch should look exactly like the PP 2499 without being one :)

Looking forward to suggestions!

Thanks!

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you don't mind a couple of extra pushers, there are a few options using the Valjoux 72

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    If you don't mind a couple of extra pushers, there are a few options using the Valjoux 72

Thanks Dave!

Will have a look at Valjoux 72 options

Journeyman
    Has to be the PP

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Hi Auragentum

Not mine but I know someone who is looking to sell one of the Zeniths in the original post.

I simply put a "Zenith Wanted" thread on another forum and this popped up. I did not go for it as I really wanted a 1969 Original and am not a moonphase person.

Anyway, PM me if interested, and I will ping across some contacts.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Hi Auragentum

Not mine but I know someone who is looking to sell one of the Zeniths in the original post.

I simply put a "Zenith Wanted" thread on another forum and this popped up. I did not go for it as I really wanted a 1969 Original and am not a moonphase person.

Anyway, PM me if interested, and I will ping across some contacts.

Gary

Not sure I understand? The Zenith Chronomaster pictured in this thread is the same as the one I have, so I am not looking for one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Auragentum View Post
    Not sure I understand? The Zenith Chronomaster pictured in this thread is the same as the one I have, so I am not looking for one.
    Ooooops ! I speed read your OP and missed the bit inbetween the photos that mentions that this is your watch. I am dipping in and out of TZ inbetween bouts of work so was distracted as well. Please ignore my previous post.

Regards

Gary
    Last edited by gc52; 22nd January 2017 at 20:51.

It's not an easy task at all....so has to be chrono and calendar am I right?

The only watch that comes in my mind now is this one....Blancpain Perpetual Calendar Chronograph...
    Very good chrono movement, super accurate(mine was running at 2 sec a day)...not better choice at less than 10K..

Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    It's not an easy task at all....so has to be chrono and calendar am I right?

The only watch that comes in my mind now is this one....Blancpain Perpetual Calendar Chronograph...
    Very good chrono movement, super accurate(mine was running at 2 sec a day)...not better choice at less than 10K..

Thanks for the suggestion. It is close, but somehow I am not sold on the design. I think it is a nice looking modern rendition of a classical design, but not my taste.

I am currently looking at various vintage Valjoux 72 powered watches. There are some stunningly beautiful watches. Just difficult to find a watch in absolute mint condition considering that most of the ones I like are from the 1940s and 50s.

I would have a deeper look into vintage Universal Geneve watches. Full calendar, Moon phase chronographs can be found in classic design. Although many I've seen had refinished dial, so can be a long shot.