closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Happy Birthday Dr Who

Happy Birthday Dr Who

Tom Baker is 83 today. He was working on a building site when he got the part of Dr Who, I never realised he was so tall.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I remember watching the first ever episode when it was shown live. It thrilled me and is one of the reasons I'm a particular sci-fi fan.

It got me into sci-fi as well so he has a lot to answer for well Jon Pertwee has!

Brilliant in Blackadder too - and as the voice in Little Britain.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I remember watching the episode where Dr Who Pertwee turned into Dr Who Baker.

God I feel old !

Master

Cool

I used to hide behind the sofa

Craftsman
    I was a paperboy during the first Dr Who series in 1963, William Hartnell played the first Doctor. I can remember running round delivering the sports results edition of my local evening news, in winter dark nights, and being terrified of some monster from the series getting hold of me! I loved it really.
    Happy Birthday Tom.

He seems like a genuinely eccentric and likeable fellow. Happy birthday sir.

Whilst I find Dr Who rather irritating these days for various reasons I loved it as a child. I recall being terrified of the Daleks in the Hartnell era and thankful that I lived in a house with an upstairs so that they couldn't get me in the night. No such luck with the Cyberman later on as they could in a rather slow and sinister fashion come up the stairs after you.

I think that what I particularly liked about the shows in the 60's and 70's is they were fairly slowly paced and each story unfolded over a number of episodes. I guess that this is out of keeping with current trends.

Vintage Dr Who was an iconic part of my childhood - the original 'swirly' intro screen shots and music etc.

And, K9 of course.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I had some very strange dreams about some of his assistants.

However I was always more fond of space 1999 (hmmm Barbara Bach) , 6 million dollar man(and bionic woman hmmm Lindsay Wagner) , Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (hmmm Wilma , Hmm Ardala , hmm female guest of the week) , BSG. Logans Run (Hmm Jenny Agutter , Farah Fawcet , Heather Menzies).

Basically anything with female hotties in it...from a very young age