closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Perpetual quartz

Perpetual quartz

I decided to go in search of a quartz with a perpetual calendar function, 10bar WR and a nicely plain design.

There were some Citizens but too expensive for a beater. The Casios I found were very far from plain looking.

The best I found was this Seiko, the SNQ101

Unfortunately, it has an integrated bracelet, which rules it out for me (I've tried bullying myself into bearing them: it didn't work out)

The rest of the designs in the SNQ series are pretty hit and miss. There's the SNQ121, which is plated and has hands that just seem wrong:

and the SNQ010 which is probably too blue and too gold for what I'm wanting (though perhaps it would look less yeugh once onto a brown leather strap)

Anyone know of something better in this vein?

Also: anyone know how that button works? More to the point, does pressing it accidentally when the crown is pushed in change things?

Master
    If you'd posted this yesterday you could have had mine!

I've been wearing a Citizen BT0001 for the last few weeks (swapped it yesterday for a Seiko Monster!)
    Great build quality, I think they were about £300 new but they regularly change hands for £100 on the second hand market - maybe have a look on e.bay?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...84731057669107

Nice on a strap but mine was the bracelet version which just adds a bit of bulk. I like the double date window and sub seconds.
    I don't think you could accidentally corrupt the calendar, I think you have to have the crown in "setting" position.

Master
    duplicate post
    Last edited by lewie; 17th January 2017 at 10:38.

Master
    scour the bay
    I picked this up very reasonably and in mint condition

Thank you for the suggestion, but the double date, the sub seconds, the roman numerals and the size are all too far from the discreet plain (aka boring) look I'm after.

I saw a Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF for sale on another forum. It's solar and radio controlled, so it might suit your needs:

I'm wearing this one right now, but I appreciate it's not in the price range you're looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    I saw a Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF for sale on another forum. It's solar and radio controlled, so it might suit your needs:

I'm wearing this one right now, but I appreciate it's not in the price range you're looking for:

Yeah the chronomaster but with 95% discount and more brushed surfaces would be ideal 🖒

Thanks for the Oceanus recommendation, will look it up 😊

Master
    Any Seiko with the 8F56 or 8F35 movements. I had a Seiko SBCM023 with the 8F35, which was a very nice watch, if you can live with a dive bezel:

I think this is about as understated as you're going to get for the money unless you by used.
    http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...atch-5621.html

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

MarkrLondon kindly drew my attention to an old Casio Oceanus Annual Calendar, but unfortunately once again integrated bracelet :(

This is my daily. Not understated by any stretch, but a fantastic watch for the money.
    I did have a peek on eBay last night for perpetual calendars. There's a few on there but not particularly simple in design.
    Have you put a WTB in sales corner?

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-citize...p99932869.html

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I was looking at the Victorinox range - the perpetual calendar is available on a couple of models but they tend to have more fussy dials than you are looking for .
    Simple plain quarts with a date is easy to find but I guess if they don't specify perpetual then it's not.

Times have some nice options but again I don't see perpetual.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Any Seiko with the 8F56 or 8F35 movements. I had a Seiko SBCM023 with the 8F35, which was a very nice watch, if you can live with a dive bezel:

I think this was the watch that got me wondering in the first place. But I don't do divers. Will Google the movement numbers though, see what comes up, thanks