closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Air King fake guarantee card ??

Air King fake guarantee card ??

Having read Haywood Milton's excellent but terrifyingly scary story of fakes, I took a look at my newly acquired Air King 116900. The card is strikingly like the fake sub shown in Haywood's trip advisor post. I just received it and it had the Aurum Group card stamped 160. Its the most modern watch I have and I cannot compare it to my older cards.

I know the new air king is a very divisive model and I cannot see that it would be that popular with fakers, but its a Rolex after all so I guess all are fair game.

Any help and honest thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by Olives; 12th February 2018 at 15:23.

What’s the provenance?

Does the card have the UV markings?

Did you mean to post pics of your SN?

Before you covered it up, I had Googled that serial number, and nothing came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Amended
    Still legible in last pic

Craftsman
    Hmmm, looks legit to me. So does the watch. What makes you think it could be fake?

Thanks for the replies. It was the aurum card just like the one in Haywards pic. That kinda made me worried.

Buy a cheap UV light for peace of mind - that's surely the best way for you to be sure?

Master
    Thanks for the replies. It was the aurum card just like the one in Haywards pic. That kinda made me worried.
    Aurum sell half the watches in the U.K.

Master
    Looks good to me eyes too.

Looks fine to me as well. What’s the worry?

Thanks guys
    To be honest I was quite scared after reading the post about fakes. I don't gave experience of new Rolex cards but everything else looked OK. Actually it's a nice watch. I know they don't get a lot of love, but I appreciate everyone taking the time to help

Blog Entries
    Nb. Your photobucket pics still have the serial # present if you are worried about that sort of thing. Watch looks fine to me. Does the rehaut number match the card? If you are really worried maybe take it to a RSC and they’ll be able to confirm authenticity.

Martyn

Master
    They definitely fake the AirKing but the photos I've seen on Gumtree look as if the yellow coronet and green text aren't the right shade.

Photos now amended on photo bucket so no serials show. All serial numbers on hang tag, card and rehaut match.

Craftsman
    I can still see the serial on the main thread picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Photos now amended on photo bucket so no serials show.
    You sure?

Your card looks just like mine. What someone said about the light is a good idea of if you are near London you could always pop into St James?

I wouldn’t be overly worried unless you’re having doubts about who you bought it from. Have a look at the WatchFinder YouTube channel there is a good fake Rolex comparison albeit for the Submariner but gives you an idea.