closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Man City

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    I doubt it, their investment is much more than Manchester City FC first team, we now have arguably the best facilities in world football in the new training academy plus we have New York City FC and Melbourne FC.

I can only presume Pep has been told to work with what he has got for 12 months and it isn't working
    , either that or we still have some bad eggs in the squad causing problems (this is the reason I think Hart was shipped out).
    I think the definition of a good manager is doing well with what he has got.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Have you seen Bravo ?
    I'd say he's doing ok given that our goalkeeper is a hologram.

z

Sent from a phone using this app
    TZ-UK app

I disagree, when the average age is as high as City's a refresh is long over due, I think Pep is analysing who is worth keeping and it's not looking good for a lot (and I will include Aguero in that!).

Klopp had the same @ Liverpool, but he has had a good summer to make it the team he wants (bar Sako) and they are flying at the moment.

Top 4 and a pot of some sort and it's been a good season for us I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Hardly sinking, still finish above the scum.
    Agreed we'll both finish above the scum (Liverpool and Arsenal I assume 🤡). Above Chelsea and Spurs may be pushing hope though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    City aint half done some strange signings in recent times - I mean Wilfried Bony? Whats that all about

Sterling no way a 50 mill player, that money should buy world class not potential

As long as we finish above the Scum and the Dippers it won't be a complete write off ;-)

Our scouts are bonkers, Bony, Delph, Stones, Fernando to name but a few in the last 18 months.

I disagree on the Sterling point, he is young and English, in 3 years I think he will be superb especially under the guidance of Pep.

Our best buy recently was ginger Kev, he's immense, I bet Chelsea kick themselves all the time for shifting him on.

Can I also say.........Sterling! What an absolute pile of crap he is. He's been around a few years now and I've never seen him have a great game for club or country. I've also never seen a forward so terrified in front of goal, he's always looking for a pass as he's terrified of having a go himself, I'd never back him to score in any situation other than a gaping open goal from a yard out.

He also has the heart of a split-pea, demonstrated by the pathetic way he bottled that one on one with the keeper yesterday then screamed for the penalty he would rather play for. Any decent striker would have tucked that away.

I disagree, when the average age is as high as City's a refresh is long over due, I think Pep is analysing who is worth keeping and it's not looking good for a lot (and I will include Aguero in that!).
    Well if you get rid of Aguero please send him to Arsenal, hes one of the best strikers in the world!

I think he just wanted a Christmas break so got banned on purpose.

When they got Bony he was scoring goals for fun, the problem is a few other big clubs wanted him so they got him just to stop him going elsewhere. Sterling is average at best, Stones is below average and only worth about 10 mil. City replied on Kompany being amazing for the last few seasons keeping it solid at the back. But they still have some good players and should with Chelsea be at the top, cant see anyone else that has the spending power to keep track with those two. Man U do, but just waste money

Master
    City are sinking? RIP City? Cities season is over?

Where do these clowns come from? Are there that many cockney reds on here?

Last time I checked we were one of the strongest sides in the world - and correct me if I'm wrong, there are still had 17 matches to play? (almost half the season).
    Continuity is an issue? Read a MCFC headline from the last 100 years, it's always been the case and we've plenty in the trophy cabinet.
    One week we destroy Barcelona, the next week we lose to a bag of crap from the bottom half of the table. Standard

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

Where do these clowns come from? Are there that many cockney reds on here?
    This CoCo was born in Manchester.

I admit it, guilty as charged! Have now spent most of my life in London, University then work....

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    I can only just bring myself to talk about yesterday, I never thought I would say it but it was worse than the Leicester game only a few weeks ago......

I really do not know what is going on, we win the first 10 games comfortably, I go to the Etihad and watch us batter Barcelona only to be watching this shower of shite yesterday.

Let's face it, our average age of players is shockingly old, what were YaYa and Zab doing yesterday? I don't know if Pep is making a point or has lost the plot!

Bravo isn't worth my energy typing about.

We have gone from 4 strikers in 2012 to a moody Aguero and Nacho who can't for some reason get a start, where is the sense in that? We are the richest team on the planet, why can't we buy a proven goal scorer? Augero goes out every season for a few months due to some injury or another, this year it's been 7 games for red cards out of sheer frustration, shocking.

The defence is woeful, Vinny should bow out and become some sort of ambassador for the club so we can free up his wages for another player, we should also go all out for that Vin Dyk (?) this window to try and stabilise the back line.

I feel for Pep, something is just wrong in the club since November, he looks like a lost soul in his interviews.

I also think the hierarchy are useless, "The Spafia" are just buying up crap and wasting money, Crook was bent as they come but look who he got us!

Sad times as a City fan, I could type all day about it but have work to do :-(

Sad times mate are you having a laugh, sad times were before the arabs pulled you out of the shite and covered you in gold, any Evertonian who has supported them over the last 25years will tell you what sad times are.
    Last edited by the big fella; 17th January 2017 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Sad times mate are you having a laugh, sad times were before the arabs pulled you out of the shite and covered you in gold, any Evertonian who has supported them over the last 25years will tell you what sad times are.
    Agreed, although not an Everton fan, (WHU).

I think that success in the long run in the PL is simply down to how much money the owners have and want to throw at the club.

Anyone in the PL can pull off one great result but long term it's all down to money.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I think that success in the long run in the PL is simply down to how much money the owners have and want to throw at the club.
    Anyone in the PL can pull off one great result but long term it's all down to money.
    In my highly naive world all football clubs would by fan and/or community owned and financially neutral but I reckon there are broadly three financial models...
    1. Neutral e.g. Arsenal - attempt every year to live within their means and balance the books
    2. Funded e.g. Chelsea, Man City and Blackburn Rovers - someone with a lot of money injects it into the club to improve results
    3. Fleeced e.g. Man United (and possibly Liverpool) where owners latch onto a cash cow to line their own pockets - they must keep the club competitive to secure their income

Of the 'Funded' clubs only Blackburn doesn't stick in my throat as the guy was pumping money into the club he loved to see success in his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Can I also say.........Sterling! What an absolute pile of crap he is. He's been around a few years now and I've never seen him have a great game for club or country. I've also never seen a forward so terrified in front of goal, he's always looking for a pass as he's terrified of having a go himself, I'd never back him to score in any situation other than a gaping open goal from a yard out.

He also has the heart of a split-pea, demonstrated by the pathetic way he bottled that one on one with the keeper yesterday then screamed for the penalty he would rather play for. Any decent striker would have tucked that away.
    Obviously listening to the negative hype around Raheem in the press. One of our better players this season, in fact in a thread on bluemoon (the main MCFC forum) it is debated by those who watch City regularly whether he is actually our player of the season so far.

As for "the pathetic way that he bottled that one on one with the keeper yesterday", I think you will find that it was a foul and should have been a penalty. Even the pundits agreed on that. He was taken out by the keeper and the ref missed it. How is that his fault?

Have a look at some of the goals that he has scored. They are not "gaping open goals from a yard out". The left footed winner against Arsenal a few weeks ago was an example. The lad also shines in the Champions League and has been one of our better performers there as well.

As for having the "heart of a split pea". This is a kid who has been vilified in the press from everything from being a greedy bastard in wanting to leave LFC, to being showy and extravagant in buying his mum a house, to being a tight bastard for shopping in Poundland a few weeks ago. He can't actually win. Because of the negative media, half of which is laughable, the other half is bordering on libelous, this kid is booed and screamed at in almost every away game that he plays in. He still manages to perform. That tells me that the lad has courage.....

By the way, I have watched City for 47 years and had a season ticket for over 35 of them. I don't just watch the odd game on Sky and buy into the bollocks.....

Chris

Leicester anyone???

............... and now Sagna has been fine £40,000 for his comment on social media! You couldn't make this stuff up! An agenda if ever I saw one.

To top it all off, it is 4 TIMES more than Ryan Babel's post referring to exactly the same thing! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ward-Webb.html

The whole world is against us, typical City some might say..............

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Obviously listening to the negative hype around Raheem in the press. One of our better players this season, in fact in a thread on bluemoon (the main MCFC forum) it is debated by those who watch City regularly whether he is actually our player of the season so far.

As for "the pathetic way that he bottled that one on one with the keeper yesterday", I think you will find that it was a foul and should have been a penalty. Even the pundits agreed on that. He was taken out by the keeper and the ref missed it. How is that his fault?

Have a look at some of the goals that he has scored. They are not "gaping open goals from a yard out". The left footed winner against Arsenal a few weeks ago was an example. The lad also shines in the Champions League and has been one of our better performers there as well.

As for having the "heart of a split pea". This is a kid who has been vilified in the press from everything from being a greedy bastard in wanting to leave LFC, to being showy and extravagant in buying his mum a house, to being a tight bastard for shopping in Poundland a few weeks ago. He can't actually win. Because of the negative media, half of which is laughable, the other half is bordering on libelous, this kid is booed and screamed at in almost every away game that he plays in. He still manages to perform. That tells me that the lad has courage.....

By the way, I have watched City for 47 years and had a season ticket for over 35 of them. I don't just watch the odd game on Sky and buy into the bollocks.....

Chris
    To be fair Chris, before your post and kevkojak s recently, there wasn't half some crap being spouted on here. I can only assume there's a world beyond Sky and Match of The Day that some people just can't fathom.
    I'd wager the ones who are writing City off (3 points behind second ffs) had already handed us the title 8 or 9 games in.
    Sure, we've had bad and indifferent results but I'd like to think Guardiola is going about it the right way. (I'm sure you've seen the contract extension talk on Bluemoon) . He was left with an over inflated squad in advancing years but there are green shoots of youth coming through. Cities reach is far and wide these days and the future is bright.
    I can't comment on the Sterling rubbish spouted recently and during the WC but if you only watch highlights on MOTD and take Shearers pontification as gospel then you can see why.I'm positive that boy will be world class very very soon. I just hope he turns his back on England and all the boo boys (jealous much) and concentrates on playing domestically.
    RIP Man City 😀
    Crap season , crap team and only two points clear of the most expensive squad assembled ever

Chris
    OK firstly I don't have any gripe against City and actually they were mine and my father's second team when I was a kid. I had the full blue kit with Francis and number 8 on the back and shorts!

I'm not listening to any press hype, I've been watching football for 40 years and played for many years and I do actually know what I'm talking about.

I don't doubt he could be your player of the season as I can't think of anyone better in your side - and therein lies a problem.

I didn't say he only scores tap-ins, I said I'd never back him in a goal-scoring situation other then a tap in. If he'd had any heart and any presence to his game he'd have but himself straight through that situation on Sunday, got some weight behind it and put the ball away. Instead he bottled it and looked for the penalty instead because that was easier. I agree it was a penalty but only because of, and after, the fact that he bottled it. Both lads I watched it with said exactly the same as it happened.

I know a top player when I see one and that lad isn't a top player. I won't even get onto his England performances.

Master
    Being the richest club in the world brings unique problems.

Mercenary players, only there for the money being the major one.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Being the richest club in the world brings unique problems.

Mercenary players, only there for the money being the major one.
    Ahh right.
    So City are the only club that actually pay people to play football.
    Everybody else does it for free?
    Thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Ahh right.
    Absolutely spot on, could not put it better myself.

OK firstly I don't have any gripe against City and actually they were mine and my father's second team when I was a kid. I had the full blue kit with Francis and number 8 on the back and shorts!

I'm not listening to any press hype, I've been watching football for 40 years and played for many years and I do actually know what I'm talking about.

I don't doubt he could be your player of the season as I can't think of anyone better in your side - and therein lies a problem.

I didn't say he only scores tap-ins, I said I'd never back him in a goal-scoring situation other then a tap in. If he'd had any heart and any presence to his game he'd have but himself straight through that situation on Sunday, got some weight behind it and put the ball away. Instead he bottled it and looked for the penalty instead because that was easier. I agree it was a penalty but only because of, and after, the fact that he bottled it. Both lads I watched it with said exactly the same as it happened.

I know a top player when I see one and that lad isn't a top player. I won't even get onto his England performances.
    You were a visionary there fella. If you mean Trevor Francis he left us in 1983 and wore the number 9. Names on shirts didn't start until 1993 when you were aged 21. Christ almighty, you weren't wearing shirt, shorts and socks at aged 21 were you? I bet you in a full City kit including shorts out on the town pulled the ladies...... Hey, maybe those sods from the premier league copied the idea from you? You missed out on a few bob there. You should have patented the idea and you would have been rich ten years after you started that particular trend! By the way, they didn't have numbers on their shorts in 1983 either. I think you need to give your head a wobble and stop smoking that magic pipe!

I bow down to your superior knowledge gleamed from playing the game, as well as the two experts that watched it with you.. However, I am still struggling with the fact that he was brought down, you agree that he was brought down, but it was still his fault. I think you need to give your head another wobble.

By the way, what is your first team if City were your second team growing up? Who was the lucky player from your first choice team whose name adorned your shirt?

Chris
    Last edited by Bluemoon7; 18th January 2017 at 01:26.

I'm not sure there's any need for all the sarcasm however, you're right about the name on the shirt and the number being wrong but for christ sake I was 9 years old, my memory eh!

I did have the full kit (I remember it came in a box) and yes it had the number 9 (again you're right) on my shirt and shorts though, they were made of a sort of felt material and my Mam sewed them on, they looked like this. There was probably a large and a small number in the pack so she just used them both I guess:

Of course I much preferred to wear the shirt of my club, like the man who would become my footballing idol. I had the long-sleeve version of this kit and wore it until it fell apart, the best Newcastle kit ever. I was there the day he made, and scored on (Keegan - Varadi - Keegan - Goal!!), his debut:

This is the goal and I was sat in the stand you can see in the shot, upper tier behind his perm. It's rather cool to know I'm in that shot actually:

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 18th January 2017 at 08:01.

Ah...... King Kev. One of our Heroes too. In my humble opinion the only man that has ever looked half decent with a perm. Good bloke, fantastic player and a fine football club as your number one club. I will let you into a secret...... My first ever match as a toddler was at St James Park. My dad took me to watch City clinch the title there.

Now you were quite specific about having Francis and number 8 on your shirt and a number 8 on your shorts so forgive me for the sarcasm. I get like that when I think people are talking nonsense, and particularly as anyone that follows city in any way knows, there has only ever really been one great number 8. Colin Bell.

Now getting back to that little felt number that you recal having on your shorts. I think that you had loving parents that painstakingly made that little number for you and stitched it on. City didn't have numbers on their shorts then, so once again, you my friend were ahead of your time. You are right about those kits being classics. They don't make them like they used to.....

Now, moving on...... I am intrigued to know who your third team were / are. Everyone knows that any 'real' football fan has at least three teams worth following so that they can rotate as and when required, or as and when they are successful. Never quite got that myself. My dad would have taken me to the GP if I had messed about like that. He was ok with the little things, like when I told him I wanted gender realignment and to be called Tinkerbell, but I couldn't imagine the upset in our house if I had been confused about my....... Football team!

Anyway, whilst you are on here having a pop at my team, I urge you to have a little look at where NUFC currently reside. Never mind those mighty magpies, with the fantastic owner, who play at that cathedral of modern football, the Sports Direct Stadium, will be back fighting relegation in the premiership soon. The only saving grace is that you have Rafa the Gaffa at the helm...

Chris

Ha ha!

Third team? What's that all about? I don't believe in second teams as a rule but my Dad was a top amateur footballer who went to school with and played football with Dennis Tueart so we always kept an eye on City.

We're in decent shape at the moment. Decent but not great. We are heavily reliant on keeping hold of Rafa until the end of his contract. If we do then we won't be fighting relegation in the PL, we'll be basking in mid-table mediocrity for sure.

Football, it's a funny old game.

For what it's worth I think the patter about Pep being handed an ageing team is spot on, although he has cash in his club it's not always that easy to attract the players you want or need.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

This disaster of a season is certainly an interesting disaster...whilst I am not enjoying it at all, I note a couple of things.

Liverpool and Spurs are having cracking seasons, apparently. They are 3 points ahead of City, who are having a disaster. OK....

City are in the knockout stages of the CL...are those two, are Chelsea?

I recently watched City lambast Barcelona...hardly makes the a season but it was very, very, very cool, as was easily beating the Rags and making Arsenal look pathetic in that 2nd half in that win.

But a disaster? Hardly. Happy though, not I'm not. No City fan is.

All the money talk, well, basically all the teams that win stuff spend lots of money unless you are Leicester, which I simply cannot explain. But spending does not buy titles, ask Liverpool who spend reams of the stuff and have never won the PL. Ask the Rags who spend £250m on the Pogba contract and do they look ready to win it all?

Leicester anyone???
    Exactly.

They have had their season in the sun and now are really struggling.

Nowadays in order to compete at the highest level year on year you have to be spending a great deal of money.

You'll get the top five or six teams and the rest scrabbling about for the crumbs and hoping to avoid relegation.

Of course the thing that keeps fans watching is that anyone can beat anyone else in the PL as a one off on a good day.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

As long as we finish above the Scum and the Dippers it won't be a complete write off ;-)

Our scouts are bonkers, Bony, Delph, Stones, Fernando to name but a few in the last 18 months.

I disagree on the Sterling point, he is young and English, in 3 years I think he will be superb especially under the guidance of Pep.

Our best buy recently was ginger Kev, he's immense, I bet Chelsea kick themselves all the time for shifting him on.
    As a CFC STH, i am kicking myself - absolutely not a clue why we let the ginger one go - you could see his potential when he was with us - not one of Joses finest moments or letting the German go either.

I think you already know the answer to this!

Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    Whatever happened to Fabian Delph?He was a promising tough midfield chappy who could mix it when the going got tough.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I think you already know the answer to this!
    Good player Mr Delph. The problem has been that he has made Darren Anderson look like a picture of health in terms of his injury record. He just cant appear to get fit...... I fear he may be on his way in the summer.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    This disaster of a season is certainly an interesting disaster...whilst I am not enjoying it at all, I note a couple of things.

Liverpool and Spurs are having cracking seasons, apparently. They are 3 points ahead of City, who are having a disaster. OK....

City are in the knockout stages of the CL...are those two, are Chelsea?

I recently watched City lambast Barcelona...hardly makes the a season but it was very, very, very cool, as was easily beating the Rags and making Arsenal look pathetic in that 2nd half in that win.

But a disaster? Hardly. Happy though, not I'm not. No City fan is.

All the money talk, well, basically all the teams that win stuff spend lots of money unless you are Leicester, which I simply cannot explain. But spending does not buy titles, ask Liverpool who spend reams of the stuff and have never won the PL. Ask the Rags who spend £250m on the Pogba contract and do they look ready to win it all?
    Amen to that.....

They need to bring you back in from the cold and let you back home to Manchester as a reward for sensible talk like that.

Chris

I stop reading at second team, sorry who has a second team?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I wonder if the owners are beginning to lose interest?
    I agree but read my next post about Dennis Tueart and you'll understand.

Good player Mr Delph. The problem has been that he has made Darren Anderson look like a picture of health in terms of his injury record. He just cant appear to get fit...... I fear he may be on his way in the summer.

Chris
    He spent a long time injured at Villa but once fit scored three goals in 112 appearances. Perhaps he was played too defensively, at City he's scored two in 19. At Villa he usually blazed goals miles over or to either side of the goal and would usually collect his yellow card in the first 10 minutes of each match. I wasn't sad to see him go and Idrissa Gueye was a much better player. I never saw the hype in Delph.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic but talking of football and money this was nice to see if true, respect to the guy!

Departing Sporting Gijon manager Abelardo will not pursue a £3.5million pay-out for the three-and-a-half years remaining on his contract with the struggling La Liga club.

Edit: Here is his quote:

'I cry for these people, for this club and for the fans, who I love so much.
    'As a Sporting fan, even though I had a contract until 2020, I couldn't do that (take compensation) to the club I love.
    'I did the same at other clubs and it wasn't going to be any different here.
    'I don't have a problem writing off the money.
    'There are more important things, loyalty to my club above all.'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Ahh right.
    No, they all pay too much. But City pay higher wages for average to good players than anyone else. In my view. Your view may differ, and probably does, given your response :-)

No, they all pay too much. But City pay higher wages for average to good players than anyone else. In my view. Your view may differ, and probably does, given your response :-)
    I gave up worrying what players cost or how much they are paid years ago. It's not my money, so it's just a figure.

Obscene? Possibly but it's market driven. The whole place is awash with money from sponsorships, TV deals etc. so any agent will demand a huge piece of it for his clients. It's years since the common man had anything in common with these Premier League footballers. But, it drips down throughout the leagues. If I played semi pro, I'd get £30-£40 a game. Now they are getting £00s.

Back to City, sure they pushed up the average earnings and transfer fees after the takeover. They had to, there was a cartel operating and trying to protect themselves . They certainly didn't want an upstart like City breaking into the cabal.
    So City went out, spent big on player transfers and wages to bully their way in. They succeeded in more ways than one but the sad thing is, the door shut after City. Nobody could these days buy , say a team like Everton and transform them which is a shame.

City now run at a profit, one of the biggest five football clubs in the world, have no debt and all players are on good simple salaries with huge addons for success. The Academies are the strongest in World Football , the crop of youth coming through would hold their own in the Premier League and these guys are paid in food vouchers and green shield stamps so it's all extremely rosy from where the smug City fans are sitting. Well, the ones with a long term vision that is.

By the way, the highest wages in the Premier League these days is paid by our out of town neighbours.

As a Stretford lad once sang, in the days when you were hopelessly poor, I just liked you more.

I've a very fond memory of a still Wednesday evening in mid-May, hearing the Maine Road crowd a mile away singing "Joe Royal's Blue and White Army" as Wigan were being beaten in the Division Two playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    As a Stretford lad once sang, in the days when you were hopelessly poor, I just liked you more.

I've a very fond memory of a still Wednesday evening in mid-May, hearing the Maine Road crowd a mile away singing "Joe Royal's Blue and White Army" as Wigan were being beaten in the Division Two playoffs.
    Ahh , I get you.
    Which is where my user name comes from.
    Shaun was about as 'typical City' as you could get.
    Elegant, controlled, explosive, cultured.
    All the things The Goat wasn't . But loved by us and probably a fair few other fans who saw him make good whatever level he played at. The fact that he was 'fed' by two of the best players I have ever seen probably helped.
    I still love the fact that players like Vardy, Alli and even Smalling can play for years in the sticks and still get a shot. Proper Roy of The Rovers stuff.

Ah I love the internet, every tiny question I have, it's got the answer. Average attendance that season in the third tier: 28,261. In my thinking, that's more impressive than Premiership titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Ah I love the internet, every tiny question I have, it's got the answer. Average attendance that season in the third tier: 28,261. In my thinking, that's more impressive than Premiership titles.
    Sorry to appear like a stalker but I'd wager the average that season was a tad higher as our beloved chairman at the time had a unique counting system for bums on seats those days. He'd put Arthur Daley to shame would Mr Swales.

Ah, like the guys in my corner shop, only two out of each three purchases go through the till?

Banned
    Had a great day and Kevin was great, memorable day for my youngest and my eldest.

Great view from up there, + the heated seats �� are a god send.

Last edited by Fords; 22nd January 2017 at 14:20.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Chris

Problem is with Sterling he that he has a bad rep for diving can't really blame the ref if he wasn't right on top of it . And it also took numerous replays to decide weather or not there was contact at all,before all the pundits shouted foul.

Banned
    54,000 seen it and only one blind **********

Journeyman
    That's class. Not a city fan but he is such a great player

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Spurs got away with it yesterday, sorry City.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Problem is with Sterling he that he has a bad rep for diving can't really blame the ref if he wasn't right on top of it . And it also took numerous replays to decide weather or not there was contact at all,before all the pundits shouted foul.
    I wasn't aware that Raheem has a bad reputation for diving, where has that come from? Even without my City tinted specs on I haven't ever had him down as a diver in the same mould as Deli Ali or Ashley Young. In fact, Raheem was criticised yesterday by some of the pundits for being too honest and not going to ground. As I have said previously, this lad cannot win no matter what he does with some people. He is actually a cracking player and a decent lad.

There were three shouts for penalties yesterday, all involving Raheem. Two looked like stonewall penalties on the first watch live at the match. Confirmed later when seeing replays. The first he was wrestled to the ground and the second he was pushed in the back as he was about to pull the trigger. I think that there was unanimous agreement on that last one from all the pundits on all stations it was that blatant (Christ, even Shearer thought it was pen and red card).... Kyle Walker agreed that it was a foul and it was all he could do.... What that did was actually take away from discussion on the other one that was also a clear penalty.

For a team in crisis we ain't particularly bad. Totally dominated the media darlings (Spurs) yesterday. Problem again was that they had a couple of attempts on goal and scored two. This was after the other media darlings (LFC) got turned over at home by Swansea. The last time I looked we were 3 points behind Spurs and 2 points behind Liverpool who are having blinding seasons according to the media. We are inconsistent, have an aging core of players, but some fantastic young talent that is now balancing things out. That includes Sterling, Stones, Garcia, Jesus, Sane, etc. Jesus was only on for a few minutes yesterday but bloody hell, he caused havoc including scoring one that was offside, a couple of headers and taking people on and beating them. He is very exciting.....

As I am typing this Arsenal have just beaten Burnley with a penalty in the 98th minute. Its a competitive league for sure.

Onwards and upwards........

Master
    The push in the back was a penalty. The others were not, in my opinion. I don't think Sterling has a reputation for diving though.

The push in the back was a penalty. The others were not, in my opinion. I don't think Sterling has a reputation for diving though.
    I think the reputation came from his Looserpoo days - doesn't seem to be the case so much these days?

The top 4 is still all to play for.

Stones is crap!