closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Man City

RIP Man City

Thumped 4 - 0 today, surely the death knell of their sorry season.

Master
    I can't see how they can close the gap to the top of the league now.

Long way to go yet - many of the top c6 have to play eachother?

Master
    £47.5 million for John Stones? With add-ons? Madness. And Claudio Bravo? More like Juliet Bravo!

Pep's arrogance means he'll never consider a Plan B and that will be his downfall. They got battered today yet were still ponsing about tippy-tappy across the back when they needed to get the ball forward quickly and turn Everton around. Not quite the Messiah people thought eh.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    £47.5 million for John Stones? With add-ons? Madness. And Claudio Bravo? More like Juliet Bravo!
    If the add-ons are dependant on success then I dont think Everton will be seeing the extra money anytime soon.
    Last edited by roondog; 15th January 2017 at 17:50. Reason: Spelling

And if you know your history...

Come on you toffees

"We fight to the end"

This is nothing to what we have experienced in the past

CTID

Master
    What is great about football is that no matter what money is involved the 'world order' of management comes and go. About from AF (the greatest manager of all time of course ) its almost impossible to remain up there. Not long away Jose was the no 1 - untouchable really, Porto, Chelsea, Inter then Real, a record that speaks for itself, then back to Chelsea, throw in a female doctor and bang he's gone. Pep the next untouchable football god - he too will fall on his sword me thinks. Arsene will outstay them all

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Pep's arrogance means he'll never consider a Plan B and that will be his downfall. They got battered today yet were still ponsing about tippy-tappy across the back when they needed to get the ball forward quickly and turn Everton around. Not quite the Messiah people thought eh.
    He's not the Messiah. Just a very naughty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    He's not the Messiah. Just a very naughty boy.
    He he :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    This is nothing to what we have experienced in the past.
    CTID
    +1 - I was at Maine Road for this... https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI

- but I have to agree with the above sentiments about Stones & particularly Bravo.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 15th January 2017 at 19:06.

Blog Entries
    It could be worse…. You could be a Leicester fan (one true City BTW!)

Makes me feel slightly less glum about our showing yesterday…. Anyway it's back to what I once and always enjoyed anyway…

Guardiola was arrogant enough to play a high line against us…. Cheers

Master
    The trouble is that he's inheritated the weakest squad he's had as a manager in the most competitive league in the world. Let's face it, he win 3 titles on Germany but never reached a Champion's League final and any half-decent coach could have win with the squad he had at Munich. Troubled times for Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    +1

- but I have to agree with the above sentiments about Stones & particularly Bravo.

z

Bravo has yet yo make a save with a shot on target. The guys a clown.

A keeper can save you between 13/15 points a season, Bravo couldn't he's bobbins

We need Joe Hart back and quick.

I can't see us in the champions League next season.

Banned
    I used to go to Maine road in the 80/90s and twentys, I know you will find this hard to believe but it's been worse.

Looking forward to Spurs next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    I used to go to main road in the 80/90s and twentys, I know you will find this hard to believe but it's been worse.

My first game was at Maine Road, We got battered off Liverpool 0-4. Craig Johnson was awesome that day

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post
    The trouble is that he's inheritated the weakest squad he's had as a manager in the most competitive league in the world. Let's face it, he win 3 titles on Germany but never reached a Champion's League final and any half-decent coach could have win with the squad he had at Munich. Troubled times for Pep.
    Good points well made.

I used to go to Maine road in the 80/90s and twentys, I know you will find this hard to believe but it's been worse.

The trouble is that as a squad I'm not convinced by many of the city players. Very few would make it in to my EPL fantasy XI. Poor defenders, a dodgy keeper, a couple of deceit midfielders and 1 good CF don't make for a title winning team, oh and a captain who has a longer running sick note than Darren Anderton.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Good points well made.
    Im Not sure, you no.

I think Pep need to have his team, he needs 18 months plus to say its his fault.

He needs 2 summer windows before I decide weather he's the man for City.

Time will tell, we won't win anything this year though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    The trouble is that as a squad I'm not convinced by many of the city players. Very few would make it in to my EPL fantasy XI. Poor defenders, a dodgy keeper, a couple of deceit midfielders and 1 good CF don't make for a title winning team, oh and a captain who has a longer running sick note than Darren Anderton.

I'm not defending them ( tbh this 50 year old fat bloke would do a better job) so my only defence is,

Spurs are on fire  at the moment, I genuinely side with you it's frustrating to say the least, I just look forward to next week, and I'm going so they better ******* shape up the bunch of ******* airholes.

On a + note my youngest son has a signed shirt to collect from kevin de bruyne next week so hopefully it won't be a totally wasted journey.
    Last edited by Fords; 15th January 2017 at 19:34.

I'm not defending them ( tbh this 50 year old fat bloke would do a better job) so my only defence is,

Spurs are on fire  at the moment, I genuinely side with you it's frustrating to say the least, I just look forward to next week, and I'm going so they better ******* shape up the bunch of ******* airholes.

On a + note my youngest son has a signed shirt to collect from kevin de bruyne next week so hopefully it won't be a totally wasted journey.
    That should be something the lad will look forward to. De Bruyne is one of the shining lights at the club, but it's too much to ask for him to deliver a great performance and make the difference every week at his age.

Look how City played 2nd half vs my lot. They can do well.............but need consistency. (and this from a Gooner!).

Mash the Spuds please!!

Blog Entries
    Im Not sure, you no.

I think Pep need to have his team, he needs 18 months plus to say its his fault.

He needs 2 summer windows before I decide weather he's the man for City.

Time will tell, we won't win anything this year though.
    Yes mate, you're right, I was agreeing with the point that he inherited this team and it isn't as strong as it was. Everyone is expecting instant success and we all know that's very difficult..... I'm certainly not blaming him but he's come from all-conquering teams in leagues where only the top 2 or 3 teams can beat each other regularly to a league where it's so competitive "anyone can beat anyone" on the day.

Yes mate, you're right, I was agreeing with the point that he inherited this team and it isn't as strong as it was. Everyone is expecting instant success and we all know that's very difficult..... I'm certainly not blaming him but he's come from all-conquering teams in leagues where only the top 2 or 3 teams can beat each other regularly to a league where it's so competitive "anyone can beat anyone" on the day.
    Yeah true. My only concern is will he be allowed to change the team, have time? I'm sure our owners will allow him that. It took them ages to get him. Just the media will make it hard.

Blog Entries
    Yeah true. My only concern is will he be allowed to change the team, have time? I'm sure our owners will allow him that. It took them ages to get him. Just the media will make it hard.

Well they must be investing in the future with him. How long is his contract?

Well they must be investing in the future with him. How long is his contract?
    Well he's got a 3 year contract. I have heard rumours that he will be given a improved one this season to take it to 5 so watch this space.

Ah yes, I know the OP's posting style...

Whatever we end up getting for Stones will be too much Any Evertonian could have told you he lacks an important part of a defenders game.......how to defend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Ah yes, I know the OP's posting style...
    The Exorcist fellow? Howdy do🙃

Blog Entries
    The Exorcist fellow? Howdy do
    Ok Captain

Ok Captain
    😂😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a Toffee from 1966 all I can say is what a great day I have had today. End of. COYB

[QUOTE=Fords;4211154]I used to go to Maine road in the 80/90s and twentys, I know you will find this hard to believe but it's been worse.

My step brother played for them in this era and you are 100% correct.

The Exorcist fellow? Howdy do
    🤔

Suggs and the boys are getting on now.Sounds like an awful lot of money.😉

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Pep the next untouchable football god - he too will fall on his sword me thinks. Arsene will outstay them all

The PL is whole different ball game (excuse the pun) Pep is going to have to adapt, and accept that he will never have the very best like at Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    The PL is whole different ball game (excuse the pun) Pep is going to have to adapt, and accept that he will never have the very best like at Barca.
    Yeah agree, Pep is still finding his feet in this league.

We have the best owners in football and one of the best managers.

It will happen.

Welcome to the Premiership, a little different from the tippy tappy of the continent.

Oh, ......

F.T.F.A.

City are sinking, lost 5 now, 4 in the last ten. United are on the up lost 3, none in the last 10.

Can't wait for the big derby at the end of the month, FCUM vs Salford. Hope the M&P pies are good.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    City are sinking, lost 5 now, 4 in the last ten. United are on the up lost 3, none in the last 10.

Can't wait for the big derby at the end of the month, FCUM vs Salford. Hope the M&P pies are good.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hardly sinking, still finish above the scum.

Blog Entries
    All i will say as a CFC supporter that on a misrable Sunday i throughly enjoyed watching both matches

Yeah agree, Pep is still finding his feet in this league.

We have the best owners in football and one of the best managers.

It will happen.
    its all relative, best owners not really, just owners will a lot of money that don't mind wasting it!!! Best owner would be someone like Gibson at Boro who puts his own cash into a club he loves and has done for the last 20 odd years.

and best managers, time will tell. I would have won everything with the Barca team he had and the same at bayern. I mean the new Barca manager has a better record than pep did.

This was always going to be Pep's toughest test. At Barca he had possibly the best squad of players ever assembled and at Bayern, let's be honest, he failed as every manager wins the league and cups there, he was charged with winning the CL and ho couldn't.

I'm not one of those who says the PL is the best league in the world but it's certainly the most competitive. I don't think he quite gets that Hull and Stoke and Sunderland are actually going to give you a tough test most of the time.

If you look at Mourinho, he can play several different ways to beat what's in front of him. He can put his team out to be the most attractive and exciting team around, blowing teams off the park with pace and power. However, and this is key, he can park the bust as he's shown many times.

To be successful these days you need to be able to do that and having just one style, just one way of playing, especially when you don't have the players to make that work to the level you want it to, is going to be nigh-on impossible.

I'm a Seasoncard holder and a long time fan...and I have seen some unreal crap down the years at Maine Road. But some unbelievable highs too, that's sport.

My biggest gripe with City right now is the football is basically poor. Poor to watch, it is so boring most of the time. Really, I've not been as bored by City in years and that is such a disappointment. The recruitment of players has also been a huge weakness and it is not just this clown in goal, there have been shocking big money buys all over the squad, real downgrades on what they replaced. Going into this season with basically Kun and an untried kid as your striking options...? What's that all about? A few years back we had Kun, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli....there's the biggest downgrade.

My final gripe among a long list is the matchday itself. Up the M6, if possible due to continuous roadworks and traffic, an epic journey to my hometown is always a saga these days, a basically awful tram ride into the stadium and then razzmatazz ala USA when you get there. It's odd and I don't like it. The the tippy tappy crappy football starts and someone wafts a soft shot at Bravo and it goes right through him. He's like a ghost traffic cone, absolutely useless. Yeah, I'm loving this season...but I still go and always have, it's a form of mental instability.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This was always going to be Pep's toughest test. At Barca he had possibly the best squad of players ever assembled and at Bayern, let's be honest, he failed as every manager wins the league and cups there, he was charged with winning the CL and ho couldn't.

I'm not one of those who says the PL is the best league in the world but it's certainly the most competitive. I don't think he quite gets that Hull and Stoke and Sunderland are actually going to give you a tough test most of the time.

If you look at Mourinho, he can play several different ways to beat what's in front of him. He can put his team out to be the most attractive and exciting team around, blowing teams off the park with pace and power. However, and this is key, he can park the bust as he's shown many times.

To be successful these days you need to be able to do that and having just one style, just one way of playing, especially when you don't have the players to make that work to the level you want it to, is going to be nigh-on impossible.
    But Mourinho never has long term success, look at Chelsea last year absolutely terrible under Mourinho and this year they are the best team in the league and will win it by a long way (that hurts as i am a Arsenal fan) and its the same squad just under better management who's ego does not ruin clubs. Everyone tends to forgot he was chased out of Madrid booed by the home fans and the same at Inter before.

I've been saying for ages that Pep & Jose went to the wrong clubs - if they swapped jobs, both would improve! 👍

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to Fabian Delph?He was a promising tough midfield chappy who could mix it when the going got tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanhmod View Post
    I've been saying for ages that Pep & Jose went to the wrong clubs - if they swapped jobs, both would improve! 

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Pep was perfect for Arsenal - tippy tappy trying to walk it in with no Plan B 藍

I can only just bring myself to talk about yesterday, I never thought I would say it but it was worse than the Leicester game only a few weeks ago......

I really do not know what is going on, we win the first 10 games comfortably, I go to the Etihad and watch us batter Barcelona only to be watching this shower of shite yesterday.

Let's face it, our average age of players is shockingly old, what were YaYa and Zab doing yesterday? I don't know if Pep is making a point or has lost the plot!

Bravo isn't worth my energy typing about.

We have gone from 4 strikers in 2012 to a moody Aguero and Nacho who can't for some reason get a start, where is the sense in that? We are the richest team on the planet, why can't we buy a proven goal scorer? Augero goes out every season for a few months due to some injury or another, this year it's been 7 games for red cards out of sheer frustration, shocking.

The defence is woeful, Vinny should bow out and become some sort of ambassador for the club so we can free up his wages for another player, we should also go all out for that Vin Dyk (?) this window to try and stabilise the back line.

I feel for Pep, something is just wrong in the club since November, he looks like a lost soul in his interviews.

I also think the hierarchy are useless, "The Spafia" are just buying up crap and wasting money, Crook was bent as they come but look who he got us!

Sad times as a City fan, I could type all day about it but have work to do :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    I feel for Pep, something is just wrong in the club since November, he looks like a lost soul in his interviews.
    I also think the hierarchy are useless, "The Spafia" are just buying up crap and wasting money, Crook was bent as they come but look who he got us!
    Sad times as a City fan, I could type all day about it but have work to do :-(
    I wonder if the owners are beginning to lose interest?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I wonder if the owners are beginning to lose interest?
    I doubt it, their investment is much more than Manchester City FC first team, we now have arguably the best facilities in world football in the new training academy plus we have New York City FC and Melbourne FC.

I can only presume Pep has been told to work with what he has got for 12 months and it isn't working, either that or we still have some bad eggs in the squad causing problems (this is the reason I think Hart was shipped out).