closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Rugby League thread.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Well 2 more sleeps then its off to Newcastle. I'm going up on the Saturday, leaving Warrington at 10.30, poss stop for a coffee on the way and then to the stadium. Going to watch the first two games, then working on ours, and coming home. Gonna be a long day.

Anyone else going up?

Stuart

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Justin Holbrook comes in, and either it's the fluke of the century or maybe he's a genius?!

Either way 45-0 against hHull FC at the magic weekend is making me bellow COYS with all my heart whilst I beat my chest like a gorilla!

"If you watch 100 super league games you will not see a better try than that.

Determination, and skill and speed."

Not my words but Barrie McDermott's

A man who has played at the very highest level, and won the trophies that count. These were the words he spoke after Tommy's try.....
    Last edited by RJM25R; 20th May 2017 at 20:55.

Grand Master
    Sounds like you're a happy chap,Rick New coach turns up and your boys start playing...... I wonder what Kieron Cunningham thinks about that. Saints defence and sheer enthusiasm was impressive, but why haven't they played that way all season?

I enjoyed the Wakey win, although Widnes deserve credit for their efforts and the fact that they didn't give up. Watched the first half of the Saints/Hull game and most of the second half. Can't believe how one-sided the match ended up, Hull just didn't have any answers. The fact they were wearing the worst Rugby League kit I've ever seen didn't help!

I still think the scrap for top 8 places will be very close. I can't see Wigan or Saints missing out, and it looks like Warrington are now doing much better. Assuming the top 4 sides continue to perform that leaves 8th and 9th place between Wakefield and Catalans. 3 more wins should see us home and dry, 2 may be enough but 3 would virtually guarantee 8th place.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 20th May 2017 at 22:50.

Blog Entries
    KC's problems throughout this season and last was his lack of experience and was simply putting square pegs in round holes because he thought that was best.

Dominic Peyroux and jack Owens are simply not good enough for SL never mind Saints!

Jonny Lomax, our first choice full back is injured so Makinsons fills the gap. Instead of promoting a reserve winger, KC shifted Players around. We lose and he doesn't learn.

We lose our stand-off in the first minute of a game to concussion, and he had no plan b. John Wilkin is pushed in at stand off! John Wilkin is a fine player, a great servant to the club and captain coming to the end of a successful career with a great future in broadcasting ahead of him, however He's not a half!

What's happening now is a 20 yr old is given a chance on the wing and shows he's a round peg in a round hole! Morgan knowles is promoted from the reserves as well. Shock horror, those two lads are playing like they've got something to prove!

Imho a team will always play its best when the players are in the positions they're naturally gifted at, trained in and experienced.

I'm as elated today as I was down last week.

We wore a charity shirt yesterday supporting a local Autism charity.

With the nature of our last couple of games, perhaps we should consider a Bi-polar charity next year?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    KC's problems throughout this season and last was his lack of experience and was simply putting square pegs in round holes because he thought that was best.

MMMM, I think KC's probs are, or were, Rush and the board, and certain 'high profile' players. Granted, he is inexperienced, but rumours coming out of Saints suggest all is not well there, and maybe KC's hands were tied a bit. However, who would have predicted that game yesterday. Poor Keiron must be pulling his hair out at the moment.

Stuart

Grand Master
    Agree with Rick's comments about playing players out of position. Some players are far more versatile than others, ideally you need a few in the squad that can swap around. Much as I admire Wilkin, he' s not a half-back. I think it' s a weakness with a few teams, not enough cover in the pivot positions when a player gets injured.

At the risk of tempting fate, I'm impressed with Wakefield's recruitment. Despite a very tight budget we've got genuine depth in the squad that we've lacked in the past. When we've lost players to injury this year the team hasn't been weakened because the guys coming in are of similar standard. No real stars in our team apart from Tom Johnstone (who' s out for the season with a bad knee injury) and possibly David Fafita, so picking our best 13 isn't as straightforward as in previous years.

Ironically, the top sides seem less able to deal with injuries this season than we're doing; maybe not relying on star players has it's advantages.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 22nd May 2017 at 23:48.

Blog Entries
    Great game last night against the Old Enemy.

Adam Swift gifted Wigan a try but Saints ran back at them, pushing and pushing to come away with a 22-19 win.

Phil Bentham had a good game for Wigan, allowing them to get that third man flop into the tackles to slow the game down at the PTB.

Joking aside, the refereeing standards are inconsistent. Bentham could and should have penalized Wigan for the constant mess at the ruck.

Bring on the Tigers!

Master
    Salford Red Devils are offering free entry to fans for tonights game v Catalans but have asked for donations at the turnstiles to support families of the Manchester attack. Normally at this stage of the season Salford are at the other end of the table but have been impressively consistent so far, the Dragons are chasing a top 8 place, should be a competitive match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    Salford Red Devils are offering free entry to fans for tonights game v Catalans but have asked for donations at the turnstiles to support families of the Manchester attack. Normally at this stage of the season Salford are at the other end of the table but have been impressively consistent so far, the Dragons are chasing a top 8 place, should be a competitive match.
    MK deserves credit for this^

Grand Master
    Couldn`t decide who I was rooting for in the Sts v Wigan game, best outcome for Trinity was my priority and I would've been happy to see the game end at 18 all. Saints are much improved, that's for sure, and I think they'll get better over the next few games. We're away at Wigan on Monday so I'm hoping the Wigan side are still recovering from last nights encounter. We play Huddersfield tonight, a game we should win.....but there are no easy games this season so it could be a tough encounter. Two more wins will give us 20 points and that may well be enough to secure top 8. Hopefully Salford will do us a favour and beat Catalans by a few points.

I agree with Rick, the gesture to allow folks in for free at Salford is a magnanimous one. I certainly don`t begrudge the club the publicity that will go with this gesture, a win-win situation all round.

Interesting to see the news that we've signed Adam Walker from Saints. I`m surprised, I don`t see a problem with our current props and we don`t seem thin on numbers either. Maybe someone's going at the end of the season, who knows? Big Dave Fifita's staying and that's a mighty plus for us, one of the best forwards in Super league at the moment.

Paul

Grand Master
    Just returned from the Trinity-Huddersfield game, we came from behind to scrape home 28-26 and I think we' ve redefined the term 'win ugly'. Not the best of matches, some dubious refereeing decisions, and q dose of luck in one of our tries.......... but a wins a win and that's what matters at this stage. The other results have gone in our favour (Catalans and Warrington both lost heavily) so the top 8 is now looking likely.

Definitely needed a drink after tonight's game, the red wine is currently soothing my frayed nerves!

Paul

Blog Entries
    Good win again for you tonight Paul!

Grand Master
    Yes, the Mighty Trin march on!

With 20 points already we should be OK for the top 8, one more win should seal it. Currently sitting 4th in the table, but with some hard games to come I can't see us staying there. However, if we can win at Wigan we should have a fair chance against anyone. Hopefully we'll be challenging for 4th during the second part of the season rather than making the numbers up as we did last year.

Chris Chester and John Kear are doing a great job on very limited resources, the biggest problem at the club is the uncertainty over the ground.

Paul

Grand Master
    Salford 24 Wakefield 34.............another win for Trin

4th in the table, can't believe it! Despite having a few first-choice players injured we still managed to win.

I still expect either Wigan or Saints (possibly both) to find some form in the final third of the season and challenge for a top 4 spot, still a long way to go and the top sides do have a habit of hitting form when it matters, but this season has turned the form book on it's head and will (hopefully) continue to do so.

Paul

We (Wire) are having it tough at the moment. We were really bad againts Leeds on the box, followed up by being worse agains Salford last week and then totally out of it against Huddersfield on Sunday.

I dont know why, or what the answer is. I just know things need to change, and rapid, because whatever they are doing to put it right just isnt working. I do feel our recruitment of late hasnt been as good as it has in the past. I mean, look at our 2009 - 2013/4 team and performances compared to now.

Oh, and it doesnt get any easier this weekend, we're off to Cass who beat Saints after 'resting' 5 of their big names on Sunday. Oh well, onwards and upwards ..... hopefully !!

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Coming towards Challenge Cup semi-final weekend, and the end of the "Regular" season, the top 8 is set.

To the initiated, these 8 now go into a mini league/round robin where everyone plays each other again, either at home or away, where at the end the top 4 have a chance to get to the final when 1st play 4th and 2nd play 3rd.

I have a quick summary and some predictions below:-

From the top, Castleford may have the top spot all but sewn up, they're lack of big-game experience at this level may count against them in the play offs.

Leeds are back to in or around where you'd expect them to be at this stage of the season, showing last year as a "blip" and stay 2nd at the end of the 8's.

Hull FC area capable team, but I think they'll drop to 4th

Salford have crashed into the 8's but seemingly in free fall at the moment. I see them down at 7th at the end of the 8's.

Wakefield seem to be struggling a little, however they've got every chance of being in the top 4 but realistically I see 5th.

St. Helens have found some form proving the old "never write off the Saints" mantra, only 1 point from the top 4 having responded brilliantly to the new coaches input. Final place prediction? 3rd

Wigan are then 2 points behind and seem capable of grinding out results as always before but I don't see them above 6th in the final running order.

Finally Huddersfield will win a couple but won't really trouble anyone, staying in 8th.

Best result for Saints would be a Salford/Hull FC final with both teams above us, probably suffering from post-final blues afterwards and dropping points left right and centre however any combination would probably assist us in the hunt for top-4. Who can forget Hull FC capitulating last season after winning the CCF.

Regardless, it's nice to see that a couple of teams are on the mix that no-one would have predicted in Wakefield and Salford.

Master
    I think Hull FC have a lot more to come. Seem to have stayed in 3rd gear all season and despite 3 huge 40+ hammerings have still finished 3rd and in the semis for the cup. Certainly shows last year wasn't a fluke.

Prediction time...

1. Cas
    2. Leeds
    3. Hull
    4. Saints

Leeds to win at OT.

Hull to lift the cup again! We're certainly due a win at Headingley...

Grand Master
    After watching Wakefield get comprehensively beaten by much-improved Saints yesterday I'm not a happy chap. Saints really stepped up to the plate, a defeat for them yesterday would've seriously impaired their chances of making the top 4 and they were certainly 'up for it'. On yesterday's form they will certainly pose a threat and they could easily make the Grand Final.

It's been a strange season, the only team to show consistency has been Cas and I'll be surprised if they lose form over the final few games. I think Leeds will probably take 2nd place but I think the scrap for 3rd and 4th will be too close to call and I wouldn't be surprised if it's decided by points difference. The flaw with the play-off system is that it favours the teams who hit form at the end of the season, but that's the way it is and it makes for an interesting competition.

Cas, Leeds, Hull and Saints is my tip for the top 4. As for my team, we need to play much better than yesterday otherwise we could be looking at a disappointing end to the season. Realistically, I think we blew our chance of making the top 4 yesterday, the teams shortcomings were exposed and it was clear to see. Our kicking game isn't good enough and we lack quality in the half-backs, hopefully we'll strengthen the side for next season.

Who will win the Challenge Cup? I think all 4 semi-finalists will fancy their chances and I don't think there's a clear favourite. I'll be at the final and I'll enjoy the weekend whoever plays, just hope it's a good match.

The middle eight competition will be interesting and the dreaded 'million pound game' will provide compelling viewing although I disagree strongly with this aspect of the format. I predict the survival of all 4 Super League sides although the team from East Hull could prove me wrong!

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 24th July 2017 at 09:41.

Master
    My friend sent me highlights of a Leeds Wigan clash from 2003. It was alarming how much the game has changed - it seemed a lot more free flowing and enjoyable to watch! I think the standard is falling and I'm rarely bothered if I miss a game now.

Blog Entries
    Whilst I don't see Cas losing form for the last few games per se, once you hit the playoffs or the final they just don't have the experience IMHO. Will they be capable of shutting a game down? Defending a narrow lead? Playing free-flowing rugby on a sunny Sunday at home is very different to GF night, in October, at Old Trafford played in the cold wind and rain with 70,000 there (40,000 of which are neutrals on the night)

Wigan and Leeds have carved out a couple of victories there which have overcome the team playing much better rugby (all 3 of warrington said losing finals spring to mind) and we ground out a victory in 2014 with no halves and a cripple at full back.

Grand Master
    Fair comments Rick, when the chips are really down experience really does seem to count. I think the fact that Cas lost the cup match against Hull will prey on their minds a little; whether they can come through the big 'one off' matches on top remains to be seen.

Picking up on Steve R's comments, I think the game is a less entertaining to watch thesedays. Players are all fitter and faster, but that doesn`t necessarily make the overall spectacle any better. It's become very stereotyped thesedays.

In yesterday's Wakey/Saints game Trinity stuck to the same tactics throughout, no plan B, no attempt to try something different despite the fact we were getting outplayed.

Personally, I`d like to see two different sides make the Grand Final rather than the old guard, but I can`t see it happening. I`m sticking with my top 4 prediction.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    I predict the survival of all 4 Super League sides although the team from East Hull could prove me wrong!
    I hope not... it's been a great season to be an FC fan!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Having watched most of the HKR games this season I think we're going to struggle. I know you all miss us really:)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Now come on, you know you'd prefer to have Rovers back in Super League, then you'd get the chance to beat them every year.........or possibly not beat them! Either way, you get your derby games back and that can`t be a bad thing.

I`d be happy to see them return to SL, they usually bring a decent following to Wakey and we need the income!

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Now come on, you know you'd prefer to have Rovers back in Super League, then you'd get the chance to beat them every year.........or possibly not beat them! Either way, you get your derby games back and that can`t be a bad thing.

I`d be happy to see them return to SL, they usually bring a decent following to Wakey and we need the income!

Paul
    As a neutral, I always love the Hull derby at the Magic or on TV, a genuine "who knows what's gonna happen?" Game just like Saints/Wigan

Grand Master
    Agreed, Hull, derby, Saints vs Pie-Eaters, always cracking matches. The Wakey/Cas Pussies games can get a bit tasty too!

Paul

Blog Entries
    Saints blunt the tigers claws, winning 12-26, inflicting Cas's first home defeat of the season.

Up to 3rd now, but hull, Salford and Wakefield have games this weekend.

Master
    Saints blunt the tigers claws, winning 12-26, inflicting Cas's first home defeat of the season.

Up to 3rd now, but hull, Salford and Wakefield have games this weekend.

Second "big" game of the year and another loss. Do we think they may choke when it its crunch time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Second "big" game of the year and another loss. Do we think they may choke when it its crunch time?
    Yes.

Whilst I don't see Cas losing form for the last few games per se, once you hit the playoffs or the final they just don't have the experience IMHO. Will they be capable of shutting a game down? Defending a narrow lead? Playing free-flowing rugby on a sunny Sunday at home is very different to GF night, in October, at Old Trafford played in the cold wind and rain with 70,000 there (40,000 of which are neutrals on the night)

Wigan and Leeds have carved out a couple of victories there which have overcome the team playing much better rugby (all 3 of warrington said losing finals spring to mind) and we ground out a victory in 2014 with no halves and a cripple at full back.

Master
    Yes.
    Smart man.

Grand Master
    Saints could now take over as the 'form' team of the competition......just at the right time! I missed last night's game, might watch it later if I get chance.

Disappointed with Wakey getting well beaten at Hudds, I think our season's going to fizzle out as it did last year. Huby and Fifita are out injured, and that weakens our pack significantly. Maybe we've over-achieved to get where we are this year and we'll struggle at the end; at least we've proved the critics wrong (once again) and we live to fight another season in SL.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cas Pussies respond to last night's defeat........Darryl won`t be a happy man!

Paul

Blog Entries
    Saints could now take over as the 'form' team of the competition......just at the right time! I missed last night's game, might watch it later if I get chance.

Disappointed with Wakey getting well beaten at Hudds, I think our season's going to fizzle out as it did last year. Huby and Fifita are out injured, and that weakens our pack significantly. Maybe we've over-achieved to get where we are this year and we'll struggle at the end; at least we've proved the critics wrong (once again) and we live to fight another season in SL.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cas Pussies respond to last night's defeat........Darryl won`t be a happy man!

Paul
    It seems that Wakey and Salford peaked too soon, and whilst it's laudable they've both fought their way from being at the bottom in 2015/16 respectively, it exposes the current league systems flaws. Wigan and Huddersfield have been poor but could still turn on the form at this late stage and get to OT.....

Cas have been the form team all season, but everyone wobbles and I've said that they'll buckle a little with the pressure. They're missing greg eden as well.

I hear Adam Walker now joins Rangi Chase on the naughty step for cocaine use?

Grand Master
    Thought I'd update this thread in the light of Trinity's excellent win against Salford

Big game next Thursday (Trinity vs Saints), whoever loses can virtuallty kiss goodbye to 4th spot. Just wish the game was on Sunday and not Thursday evening, would've been nice to fill the ground and see plenty of visiting support (we need their money!)

Saints beat us convincingly a few weeks ago, but we'll field a stronger side next week and we'll know what to expect from Saints.......to quote my favorite Who song......'won't get fooled again'!

Cas vs Wakey semi-final?...........still a possibility!

Shame about Adam Walker and the drugs issue, really stupid thing to do. He'd looked good in the games he'd. played too.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 3rd September 2017 at 13:29.

Blog Entries
    Never write off the Saints.

Master
    If Scott Grix is playing against you you've got a chance.

He had a complete brain fart with seconds to go in 2015 to give Leeds the league leaders shield

Grand Master
    Never write off the Saints.
    That's Phil Clarke's punchline!

Beer is currently being cried into........couldn't make the last few minutes up if you tried! Chances of the penalty attempt hitting the post were slim to say the least but it happened.

I didnt get a good view of the last try, but it didn't look good.

Aah well, it's only a game.

Paul

Blog Entries
    That's Phil Clarke's punchline!

Beer is currently being cried into........couldn't make the last few minutes up if you tried! Chances of the penalty attempt hitting the post were slim to say the least but it happened.

I didnt get a good view of the last try, but it didn't look good.

Aah well, it's only a game.

Paul
    It started with Eddie Hemmings back in the day!

Saints did what saints do, and won a "must win" game but weren't convincing.

Baz Mac said we didn't play for the first 60 mins and he wasn't far wrong! I couldn't understand Trinity kicking constantly low, drilling it in the corner when Barba was vulnerable under high ball?

This season we've fought back to within 2 points with Leeds (twice) and won in the last 5 mins 5 times....

4 points gifted to us this season by brainfart moments in the last by opposition players though.

Robert lui for Salford and then Grix last night who should've just hoofed the ball, but was trying not to give us a drop out but gave us more!

Ben Barba is looking very un-dailyM winner-ish to me on current form, and I would be putting him on the bench next week personally.

Well it's now a very interesting end to the season. Leeds and Cas can put their feet up if they like but that's probably no good for them.

Saints suffered from the week off during the CC final, and Wigan turned us over last week whilst playing quite poorly.

Huddersfield and Salford await us, an easy end to the season really and surely 4 points await us?

Grand Master
    I haven't watched the match again yet on TV, that would be like beating myself with a birch twig. However. I made the mistake of watching the last 3 minutes to see what really happened. Grix was probably trying to avoid conceding a goal line drop-out but given his lack of pace he was never going to reach the ball quickly enough to pick it up and run it out. Why he didn't drop on the ball I'll never know, he definitely reached the ball first and that's what he should've done. Would Saints have scored from the goal-line drop out?......we'll never know.

Trinity's game plan was fine whilst reduced to 12 men, but to continue to kick for touch at the end of every set was flawed. Trying to defend an 8 point lead was a bad idea, I always felt Saints would score at least one try and Trinity should've gone for anoth score even if it meant taking some risks. High kicks on the last play would've made more sense, if we could've taken the score out to 20-6 I doubt whether Saints would've come back.

When Finn kicked for goal there was 4 mins 7 secs left to play; had the kick been successful we would've got a draw at the very least, which would've been far better than losing the way we did. Had the ball gone dead we would've got it back.......instead it hits the bloody post and the rest is history.

It'll be ironic if Saints go on to the Grand Final, they were mightly lucky to get the win last night and maybe they'll build on that. Their last two games are definitely win-able so they've got to fancy their chances of making 4th place.

Trinity need to beat Wigan at home and Hull away to get 4th..........it's not gonna happen. Despite having exceeded all expectations this season we've thrown a couple of crucial games away in the last few minutes and we've lost a couple more close matches through poor game management/bad luck, we should've had 4th place sown up by now and be looking forward to a semi final with our neighbours.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 8th September 2017 at 15:05.

Blog Entries
    Can't believe Wakefield didn't run that. Drop goal would have only given a draw that would be pretty much useless anyway?!

Master
    Frustrating one that!

Grand Master
    Can't believe Wakefield didn't run that. Drop goal would have only given a draw that would be pretty much useless anyway?!
    Yes, my thoughts exactly! Apart from the honour of not losing, a draw didn't help us.......but how Finn missed the drop goal I'll never know.

Two games lost by a total of 3 points.......you couldn`t make it up!

My last drink of the evening was a half........I topped it up to a pint with tears!.

Oh well, it's only a game.

Paul

Master
    Wakey really unlucky last night. They've been great this year, Chester right up there for coach of the year. Glad we got the win as it means a trip to Old Trafford is still on the cards. Really going to miss Fonua next season, great try and what a hit on Grix!

Grand Master
    I`ve got the Trinity v Saints and Trinity v Hull games recorded, I`ll watch them both again at some point in the future........but not yet!

It's no good bleating about bad luck etc for costing us the close games we've lost by 1 or 2 points in the last few minutes (Cas, Warrington,Saints, Hull), if we were good enough we would've put those games to bed. We need to strengthen in the key positions, although the Aussie we've just signed (Tyler Randall) looks the real deal at hooker. Liam Finn's done a great job for us but we need to be looking for his replacement, age is against him and he was never the quickest half-back around or the strongest defender. Full back is an interesting one, Grix is coming to the end of his career although he's done great things this season (despite the brain-fart against Saints), he's another player who lacks pace, but we've got an excellent youngster (Max Jowett) who played a lot of first team last season but hasn`t played much this year. Dean Hadley, on loan from Hull, has done well for us and many at Wakey would like to see him sign permanently.......we'll see how that pans out.

Most of our players are signed up for the next couple of seasons so there's every chance we can build on this years achievements. The club is now well-run but limited finance is still an issue. The ground issue still hangs over the club like a dark cloud and we can only hope for a positive outcome soon.

It'll be interesting to see how our neighbours the Cas Pussies perform without Luke Gale for a game or two. Desperately unfortunate to be sidelined at this stage of the season following an appendix operation, despite the rivalries I`m sure everyone wishes him well.....but a Cas-Wakey semi-final without Gale would've been an interesting prospect!

Lets see what tonight's results bring and whether Rick's smiling or crying!

Paul

Master
    I can't see Hadley staying, the only reason he's stayed so long is down to the salary cap.

With Ellis retiring I'd expect Hadley to be playing in the second row at Hull most weeks.

Blog Entries
    34-12 at the moment. Saints outclassing a giants team with nowt to play for.

Master
    Leeds smash sorry Salford. I would p*$$ myself laughing if they did a classic Leeds and started a run now to win at OT. Especially against Castleford. I don't think it'll happen, that's when you need Sinfield and Peacock

Well that was a strange game last night. A second string HKR outfit, whose position in SL is guaranteed, almost putting Catalans to the sword. I wonder if London will perform as well against Widnes later.

Stuart

Grand Master
    Catalans have problems at the moment, that's clear to see. I`m no coach, I don`t know what the answer is, there's talent in the side but for whatever reasons they're not performing. Steve MacNamara hasn`t had the impact they hoped for either, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Enjoyed watching Ben Cockayne play last night for Rovers, he had a couple of excellent seasons at Wakefield and really sorted himself out. Shame he didn`t stay, Rovers took him back when Wakefield were having money problems and he was a big loss for us. One of those players that gives 110% every game.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Cas smash Wigan and Saints now guaranteed a semi place if we beat Salford on Thursday!

If results go out way elsewhere we can finish 3rd, and the icing on the cake is that we can possibly eliminate Wigan from the playoffs!

Grand Master
    Thanks to Cas winning Wakey's slender chance of making 4th place is still alive! Salford to beat Saints, then we beat Wigan.........job done!

Just seen a pig fly by the window too.....I really must take more water with the whisky

Realistically, I think it'll all be sorted by Thursday night and we'll be playing the pie-eaters for 5th place......we should've had 4th place sown up but it wasn`t to be.

Paul