closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone drive/own the Renault Kadjar?

Does anyone drive/own the Renault Kadjar?

Thinking of getting one, the wife took one on a test drive and found it easy to drive (we have usually had smaller cars, Megane, now a Focus) for a large car.
    Want to know about reliability, comfort, etc.

Cheers, Bob.

Master
    My boss has one, I think it has the 1.2 engine in it. He drove it to Romania with 4 up last summer and had no complaints.
    His wife has just done her first big drive alone in it and loved it, she normally drives no more than 10 miles a day and did a 400 mile round trip in a day so a big increase for her and her first time driving on Motorways.

That sounds really promising, bloater. I like Renaults, and the Kadjar seems to be one of the better offerings in their class. I know Nissan are more popular, but I like to be different.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    That sounds really promising, bloater. I like Renaults, and the Kadjar seems to be one of the better offerings in their class. I know Nissan are more popular, but I like to be different.
    Hey Bob check out the Skoda Yeti we have one and it is superb great build quality and reliability and I actually prefer driving it to my work car which is a new Golf GTD!

Ours is the 1.2 petrol with a DSG box and it goes like a rocket it really does even with 4 people in it.

Residuals and build quality are much better than Renaults but I know we all like different things :)
    Last edited by andy armitage; 15th January 2017 at 12:09.

It's a rebadged qashquai with a few new body panels, so reliability should be as per the Nissan, though it's built in France rather than Sunderland. Company i worked for supply alot of the interior and exterior plastic for the qashqai and most was carried over into the kadjar, i worked on a handfull of new kadjar bits

Brightys
    Last edited by Brighty; 15th January 2017 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hey Bob check out the Skoda Yeti we have one and it is superb great build quality and reliability and I actually prefer driving it to my work car which is a new Golf GTD!

Ours is the 1.2 petrol with a DSG box and it goes like a rocket it really does even with 4 people in it.

Residuals and build quality are much better than Renaults but I know we all like different things :)

Andy, thanks for this because the missus was looking at one and liked it. A neighbour's mum drives one (for last two years from new) and thinks it's great too.
    Must say I have a soft spot for Skoda as my wife owned one while we were courting 35 years ago, the old S100!

+1 Yeti
    Residuals way better.

Master
    Andy, thanks for this because the missus was looking at one and liked it. A neighbour's mum drives one (for last two years from new) and thinks it's great too.
    Must say I have a soft spot for Skoda as my wife owned one while we were courting 35 years ago, the old S100!
    Bob please try one out before you get a Renault as you will be amazed at the quality of the Yeti it is such a quiet lovely smooth ride and there are no squeaks or rattles and of course this is only my opinion but I would never buy a Renault or any French car because of build quality, residuals, etc and for me it looks like a fashion item :)

The Yeti 1.2 petrol with the DSG box is sublime I am converted now as I had never had a Skoda before, the Yeti is something special plus they are really sought after used as well.

Master
    I've never read a bad report about a Yeti. Universally praised.

As above, I can't understand why anyone would buy a Renault anything, let alone a Kadjar or worse.....Cactus. They're not cheap, but cheaply made and thrown together. I've a few customers with them and the trend is still electrical gremlins and poor build quality (aka rattles). Local dealers seem to be pretty awful too, but that might be a local thing only.

Pretty much anything is better - one of the team has a Yeti and it never puts a foot wrong. Not exciting and for 'older people' (he's 66) but for people with little/no interest in cars who want practical transport, they are a great little car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    As above, I can't understand why anyone would buy a Renault anything, let alone a Kadjar or worse.....Cactus. They're not cheap, but cheaply made and thrown together. I've a few customers with them and the trend is still electrical gremlins and poor build quality (aka rattles). Local dealers seem to be pretty awful too, but that might be a local thing only.

Pretty much anything is better - one of the team has a Yeti and it never puts a foot wrong. Not exciting and for 'older people' (he's 66) but for people with little/no interest in cars who want practical transport, they are a great little car.
    I agree I can't understand why anyone would buy any Renault whatsoever as I know a lot of people with French cars and it is always the same moans dodgy electrics awful build quality rattles squeaks etc oh and the Yeti isn't just for older people as I have driven plenty of cars and when I put the Yeti into sport mode on the DSG box it is anything but unexciting I can assure you it's a hoot to drive and loads of fun, we do a lot of off-road mountain biking and the Yeti is the perfect car for taking bikes and kit ��
    Last edited by andy armitage; 15th January 2017 at 17:19.

I appreciate that car taste is very individual and anybody can have a bad one but I can only echo earlier comments about French cars. I have had 2 over the years, one Renault and one Peugeot. Both were ok when new but as the miles went on they both began to gradually fall apart and each service ended up costing more than the last by a considerable amount.

Never again.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I agree I can't understand why anyone would buy any Renault whatsoever as I know a lot of people with French cars and it is always the same moans dodgy electrics awful build quality rattles squeaks etc oh and the Yeti isn't just for older people as I have driven plenty of cars and when I put the Yeti into sport mode on the DSG box it is anything but unexciting I can assure you it's a hoot to drive and loads of fun, we do a lot of off-road mountain biking and the Yeti is the perfect car for taking bikes and kit 😀

Cheers again Andy. Like the sound of the bikes and kit loading, as I am thinking of getting mine out and serviced. One of these:

One of the guys in our office has one, his wife has the Captur too (think a family friend works at Renault Manchester).

He had a VW Tiguan before but wanted to save some money and got the Kadjar. In his words "The Renault is a cheaper, better spec'd version of the VW, which for everyday driving, is identical".

Not so sure myself but I had a Megane a while ago and did the same job as the equivalent Ford, Vauxhall etc.

Cactus is made by Citroën.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Cactus is made by Citroën.
    Nuff said!

Master
    Nuff said!
    Agreed.

Is it only me that finds some new Renault names funny?

Kadjar (cadger) and.......... Wind.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Is it only me that finds some new Renault names funny?

Kadjar (cadger) and.......... Wind.

That's a bit too close to codger for my liking.
    I'm cooling to the car now, can only rely on powers of persuasion with the missus now...

That's a bit too close to codger for my liking.
    I'm cooling to the car now, can only rely on powers of persuasion with the missus now...
    Sounds more like Tadger to me

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Sounds more like Tadger to me

Freudian slip.

Master
    Nuff said!
    I don't see any Renaults or Citroens in the list of the top 10 most unreliable cars:

1 Nissan GT-R 626.00
    2 Mercedes-Benz GL 533.00
    3 Bentley Continental GT 502.00
    4 Mercedes-Benz R-Class 490.00
    5 Audi Q7 426.00
    6 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 409.00
    7 BMW M3 408.00
    8 Skoda Superb 360.00
    9 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 359.00
    10 BMW 7 Series 350.00

But all the small French cars I checked have above average scores for reliability, source http://www.reliabilityindex.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post
    I don't see any Renaults or Citroens in the list of the top 10 most unreliable cars:

1 Nissan GT-R 626.00
    5 Audi Q7 426.00
    7 BMW M3 408.00
    8 Skoda Superb 360.00
    10 BMW 7 Series 350.00

But all the small French cars I checked have above average scores for reliability, source http://www.reliabilityindex.com/
    Apart from the Skoda, they're all £50k+ and very complicated? I couldn't find the current Renault models in the link - I suspect they're not yet old enough?
    Last edited by afcneal; 17th January 2017 at 17:09.

Master
    And my Skoda Superb has been bullet proof over three years 130,000 miles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post

1 Nissan GT-R 626.00
    5 Audi Q7 426.00
    7 BMW M3 408.00
    8 Skoda Superb 360.00
    10 BMW 7 Series 350.00

French cars are all awful with poor build quality and poor electrics as my dad has sadly had many Renaults and Citroens (he never learnt) which have been terrible in every way with terrible residuals and I am very familiar with Peugeots as well and I wouldn't have one given.

The only Renault anyone should ever consider buying is a Renault Sport – same marque, totally different build quality.

Suggest a nice Twingo GT

I don't really buy the Marketing with a lot of brands, but I've personally owned 2 French cars and both - whilst mechanically ok in the time I had them - were incredibly badly put together and literally started falling apart within 6 months from new. I had loose seats, the classic iffy electrics, a bonnet where a hinge failed resulting in it folding in half like a biscuit tin (the car was under a year old!) - and now the styling is deliberately a bit odd (that's being charitable) I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. If I want a cheap car I'd go Korean or Skoda, maybe even a year old Ford rather than a new Renault or Peugeot or Citroen (which are all the same really in terms of rubbish build imho). There'll always be a few that are good cars but I'd rather avoid the risk!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk