closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chris Eubank Jnr to fight Renold Quinlan live on ITV Box Office in 2017

Chris Eubank Jnr to fight Renold Quinlan live on ITV Box Office in 2017

I've seen all of Eubanks fights and he is not an easy fighter to watch. This is a world title fight, albeit not the most prestigious belt. Its pay per view on ITV, that's a new one on me. Would anyone pay to watch this fight? I am struggling, not with the money, just the risk of a farce.................................

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-12-13/c...tv-box-office/

Unless it's Donald Trump vs a great white shark, I wouldn't pay to watch any fight.

M.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I might have watched it for free but I don't like the man so I won't be paying for it.

Master
    Will def not be paying to watch it- Eubank JR is one of my favourite boxers, massive potential, future (main belt) world champion. Been to quite a few of his fights including his fight against Saunders which I felt he done enough to get the decision.

Fair play to ITV for trying to get back into boxing, PPV though? think not. whoever signed off on this at ITV should be sacked on the spot! Might get flames for saying this but I think realistically JR is one of the few boxers that will give GGG problems....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    I've seen all of Eubanks fights and he is not an easy fighter to watch.
    I'm trying to work out what this means exactly, but I'm failing?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I'm trying to work out what this means exactly, but I'm failing?
    hes boring.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    hes boring.
    Far from boring against Nick Blackwell. Superb boxing match.

Master
    Boring? That's not a word I'd associate with Eubank JR, how do you work that out?He's got quite a predictive style but wouldn't say he's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    hes boring.

There was a rumour going around that the fight was off but the latest I here is its on and its the 4th February. Box office opens on the 20th January with the price set at £12.95 PPV and an early bird price of £9.99. I don,t think I could bare missing the fight so might just have to see it for old times sake. I just hope the Beast turns up and not Mary Poppins again. The Beast is a reference to his posts on Twitter and Mary Poppins would have put up a better fight against Saunders IMO.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    There was a rumour going around that the fight was off but the latest I here is its on and its the 4th February. Box office opens on the 20th January with the price set at £12.95 PPV and an early bird price of £9.99. I don,t think I could bare missing the fight so might just have to see it for old times sake. I just hope the Beast turns up and not Mary Poppins again. The Beast is a reference to his posts on Twitter and Mary Poppins would have put up a better fight against Saunders IMO.
    Did you watch the Eubank/Saunders fight?

Cos I did and saw Eubank smash Saunders up for the last 5 or 6 rounds and Saunders won by a split decision. Not a knockout or unanimous, a split.

Saunders was good for his win however to suggest Eubank was well beaten (as your Mary Poppins jibe seems to point to) would suggest that you've either not seen the fight or don't understand boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Cos I did and saw Eubank smash Saunders up for the last 5 or 6 rounds and Saunders won by a split decision. Not a knockout or unanimous, a split.

Saunders was good for his win however to suggest Eubank was well beaten (as your Mary Poppins jibe seems to point to) would suggest that you've either not seen the fight or don't understand boxing.
    Got a point there.

Master
    I was virtually ringside for that fight, I can tell you I wouldn't wanna be hit by Mary Poppins if she hits like that! Naivity lost JR that fight, if he'd pressed BJS rather than strutting around he would have won the fight maybe stopped him.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

I've seen the fight about 6 times and will no dought watch it again. Saunders out boxed him and at that time was a better pound for pound fighter with a true pedigree. BJS listened to and and followed the instructions of his trainer. Junior says he dosent need a trainer so in between rounds was trying to work out what to do next on his todd. Jnr told the fans that the beast was coming but he let us all down.
    BJS couldn't do it now though. Too many lagers and kebab's since then. You only have too look at his last fight, a win yes but he showed himself up.
    I was at Wembley when Bruno won the world title. I had a ringside seat alongside some of the cast from Eastenders. I won the tickets by answering questions based on boxing knowledge.
    Chim Chim Cher-ee

Just found this. He looks good but can he walk the walk?

https://youtu.be/8u40FpyayNk

Jr stepping up to super eh? Looking at a big match up (and pay day) with Chunky or Callum Smith in the future I wonder??? Or ducking Canelo, GGG and Saunders again?

As for PPV for this fight, not for me, Quinlan not making even the top 10 super-mid rankings does not a box office fight make in my eyes.
    Last edited by Ashtennisguru; 16th January 2017 at 17:41.