Evening All,
I've got to a scratch head, think about it stage with my Porsche Engine - Specifically how to get it back out of the garage when its fully assembled.
Because of this I have allowed myself a diversion.

Some of you will remember the Lumaholic watch http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...m-a-Lumeaholic.
In that thread I said it was an idea for a case, and the plastic one was a prototype.
Well, I was happy with how it turned out, with a few minor alterations.
As a result I made the small changes and printed a pattern.
I then sent these off to a guy I know who does lost wax bronze castings for a living.

I've wanted to make a Carbon Fibre dial for a while, and so I dug out some thin CF sheet that I have.

Marked a circle and made with the Saw. Carbon Fibre is horrible to cut,and thin Carbon Fibre is really yuck. A lot of little itchy bits.

Still, a blank for the dial, a blank for the case, and a piece of Ti for the back.
Looks like a start :)

A blank dial would be beautiful - I'll polish the carbon to really show it off, but I need to practice applied indices.

So I grabbed another piece of Ti, and some files.
Made a Trapizoid, and filed the pins into it:

A 12 marker:

The casting needs a little work.
I thought Id see how it would polish up on the case edges.
Quite nicely it turns out:

The back will be a snap on, made from Titanium.
first make the square round:

Thats about the right size:

I have a soft jaw chuck, which is great for holding thin things. First you load the jaw, and then bore a shallow hole to hold the part.

Then you can grip the part for turning

If you look carefully you can see the 'snap' angle on the back piece. there is a matching bevel inside the case

It needs the outside profiling, another soft jaw job

Of course I need a crystal as well.
I started with some crystal plate:

And I bored the Case on my Unimat.

Cut a blank for the Crystal:

Profiled the outside to a nice bevel:

and cut the inside

I beveled a chapter ring into the case. Its going to look nice:

More to come at some point - I stil have to fit the movement to the dial, make a few more markers, some hands, and drill the case for the stem.
Then I probably need to make a stem and soem incidental bits and bobs.

Of course I also have to get the Porsche engine done and back in the car...

Dave