timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex Double Red Sea Dweller for Daily Use

Wear it and enjoy it I say ;)

Journeyman
    Wear it gets my vote.

Journeyman
    If you are too worried about wearing it then you’re probably best to just wear for special occasions.

If you are not worried ( & ideally if it’s insured ) then I would wear it everyday ! It’s meant to be worn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lconcado View Post
    If you are too worried about wearing it then you’re probably best to just wear for special occasions.

If you are not worried ( & ideally if it’s insured ) then I would wear it everyday ! It’s meant to be worn

Always satisfying on a sunny spring morning when you’re walking down the road for a paper... you look down and see your glistening treasure swinging by your side

Did the watch ever com back from SH?

I think this thread deserves those long awaited pictures!

Always satisfying on a sunny spring morning when you’re walking down the road for a paper... you look down and see your glistening treasure swinging by your side

I tend not to expose my glistening treasure in public...

Master

Rolex Double Red Sea Dweller for Daily Use

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    It’s back, and has been for a while. Keeping excellent time -2 secs per day. As expected, it remains a daily wearer; shame to be anything different.

A crappy photo, watch as it is today - nowhere near immaculate and a bit gnarly.

Cheers

Pete

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    It’s back, and has been for a while. Keeping excellent time -2 secs per day. As expected, it remains a daily wearer; shame to be anything different.

A crappy photo, watch as it is today - nowhere near immaculate and a bit gnarly.

Cheers

Pete

Whilst I take it off during manual work and exercise, it stays on the wrist otherwise. As I don’t work at a desk, it has no diving marks!

Whilst I take it off during manual work and exercise, it stays on the wrist otherwise. As I don’t work at a desk, it has no diving marks!

Very nice lovely to see it getting worn
    Think it's my favourite watch of all time

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubymac View Post
    Very nice lovely to see it getting worn
    Think it's my favourite watch of all time
    It’s certainly my favourite. 37 years on the wrist nearly, through good and tough times. It has a ‘patina’ of age naturally.....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post

Journeyman

Now that is a lovely watch.

Master
    Now that is a lovely watch.

You, Sir, are most kind.

Cheers

Pete

A classic. Enjoy wearing it, would be a shame not to.

Master

Glad to see you’re still wearing it.

I think it’s a shame when people say not to wear it as it’s now worth more money. When do people that do this sort of thing get any satisfaction from their watches? The satisfaction comes from looking down and seeing the lovely Watch that was a gift. And maybe sometimes talking to people about it if/when an enthusiast asks.

I can’t imagine the people that keep these things hidden away will be on their death bed thinking “I’m so glad I never got any enjoyment out of my watch” Why save it for someone else to benefit from?

Seems crazy to me, Life is too short.

It’s certainly my favourite. 37 years on the wrist nearly, through good and tough times. It has a ‘patina’ of age naturally.....

It would probably feel strange not to wear it after all that time, wear and enjoy, its a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Glad to see you’re still wearing it.

I think it’s a shame when people say not to wear it as it’s now worth more money. When do people that do this sort of thing get any satisfaction from their watches? The satisfaction comes from looking down and seeing the lovely Watch that was a gift. And maybe sometimes talking to people about it if/when an enthusiast asks.

I can’t imagine the people that keep these things hidden away will be on their death bed thinking “I’m so glad I never got any enjoyment out of my watch” Why save it for someone else to benefit from?

Seems crazy to me, Life is too short.
    It's great that it's still being worn but I posted earlier in the thread that I'd have my reservations. Whilst I wear watches to enjoy them, for me there's a certain value that's within my comfort zone.

If I owned a Double Red SD it would be far and away my most valuable asset (excluding my house), so I wouldn't treat it in the same way I do with my current watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It's great that it's still being worn but I posted earlier in the thread that I'd have my reservations. Whilst I wear watches to enjoy them, for me there's a certain value that's within my comfort zone.

If I owned a Double Red SD it would be far and away my most valuable asset (excluding my house), so I wouldn't treat it in the same way I do with my current watch.
    It is my most valuable asset, bar the house.....but I wear it as I would a Timex. My Mum gave it to me, and I’ll hopefully still be wearing it when I shuffle off. I have thought about selling it and converting to 2 cheaper watches, so that both of my grandsons get a watch when I go, but I’d miss it.