closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Red dial omega seamaster

Master
    Blog Entries

Red dial omega seamaster

Today I saw a vintage omega 1970 red dialled seamaster automatic - all original.

Can’t find any info on this and was wondering if anyone on here can shed any light on the model.

Anyone help and maybe proffer a value please.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Today I saw a vintage omega 1970 red dialled seamaster automatic - all original.

Can’t find any info on this and was wondering if anyone on here can shed any light on the model.

Anyone help and maybe proffer a value please.

Jim
    Hi Jim

How do you know it was all original? The Seamaster line covers many watch styles and the only one I can think of is a maroon Seamaster 60.

Master

Red dial omega seamaster

^ I seem to remember an eBay seller based in India that used to offer re-dialled vintage Omegas in some pretty funky colours.

Could be a Marui special from Japan. See Omega 2562.60.00 and Omega 2552.61.00. Use Google to find more info and pictures.

What size was it...what hands did it have...etc, etc, please?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Could be a Marui special from Japan. See Omega 2562.60.00 and Omega 2552.61.00. Use Google to find more info and pictures.

What size was it...what hands did it have...etc, etc, please?
    Good shout but not a 70’s watch

Master
    Except those are pretty recent, a red dial from 1970 is probably a garish redial. A lot used to come out of South Korea and as noted above the Indian rediallers occasionally go a bit mad with the colour palette too. It is very unlikely to be original.

Jim I am not sure of your credentials to call it 'all original' yet not recognise the dial. Those 2 facts are incompatible IMO. I you don't recognise it, how the hell can you vouch for it?
    Last edited by Padders; 7th April 2018 at 22:25.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great response guys thank you!

I will return and get more info. I perhaps should’ve said that it was put to me it was original! I had no way of doing anything like a detailed exam but will do so during the week based also on the useful info here!

Thank you everyone

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Good shout but not a 70’s watch
    Good point...but what enabled the OP to identify its age?

Master
    Post a picture and you will get a definitive answer on age and originality.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Padders.

Credentials??? Me!!?? I have none at all. That made me titter.

It was put to me that it was original.

Cheers P

J

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Except those are pretty recent, a red dial from 1970 is probably a garish redial. A lot used to come out of South Korea and as noted above the Indian rediallers occasionally go a bit mad with the colour palette too. It is very unlikely to be original.

Jim I am not sure of your credentials to call it 'all original' yet not recognise the dial. Those 2 facts are incompatible IMO. I you don't recognise it, how the hell can you vouch for it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Hi Padders.

Credentials??? Me!!?? I have none at all. That made me titter.

It was put to me that it was original.

Cheers P

J
    Credentials was badly chosen but glad it gave you a giggle. I really meant, was it your call or the sellers that it was original since it didn’t make sense that you could call it original but not have faith in it. I think we have established most of the facts but a pic would still help. To be fair to me, you didn’t clarify who was calling it original, it was reasonable to assume you thought it so since you said it without reservation.
    Last edited by Padders; 7th April 2018 at 23:00.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yip. Dead right padders. No probs here buddy. Thank you v

I drafted the post on the tram going him tonight as I was merely given brief sight of the piece and told by owner it was original, then he asked if I could ball Park on a value!!! Hence the question.

I’ll try to get more info.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Credentials was badly chosen but glad it gave you a giggle. I really meant, was it your call or the sellers that it was original since it didn’t make sense that you could call it original but not have faith in it. I think we have established most of the facts but a pic would still help. To be fair to me, you didn’t clarify who was calling it original, it was reasonable to assume you thought it so since you said it without reservation.