closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2017

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I'd suggest that it's a bit difficult to 'knock off' a rider that's behind you...www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS_tVzG1Rko.
    I never said it wasn't Lotenzo's fault..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I never said it wasn't Lotenzo's fault..
    ´Knocked off´ by himself then, ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Craftsman
    I'm not a Lorenzo fan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S View Post
    I'm not a Lorenzo fan.
    he's still a top 5 rider, though. I hope Ducati doesn't turn out to be a graveyard for him.

Dear George....

Funny as fuck....

Suggest you start with page 5 and work back.

http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/categ...george/page/5/

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Funny as fuck....

Suggest you start with page 5 and work back.

http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/categ...george/page/5/
    Very good...thanks for posting. I particularly enjoyed:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    ´Knocked off´ by himself then, ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.
    You're welcome....

But keep on comparing Lorenzo to Abraham.....I could do with a laugh..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    .....I could do with a laugh..
    All Lorenzo fans can.

Good thing the resident female downgraded him when he was such a heel with Rossi.

Again can only apologise for the tardiness of my posts....only caught up yesterday....

Sum up
    Brilliant from John McPhee... weren't expecting much from brand new team in first 3 fly always but great performances.

Mir however looks like the Kent/Binder for this year & has benefit of being in same team same bike... also obviously great mechanics who seem to have got best out of it...

Terrible for Alex Marquez in M2 but he was trying & could have won...

Class from Vinales.... the Marc Marquez of this year....

Jorge....Oh dear....now you know why Vale and Cal jumped off the career killer....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    Jorge....Oh dear....now you know why Vale and Cal jumped off the career killer....
    Valentino and Carl seem to have bounced back nicely. Lorenzo needs to get up on the Ducati first. For the time being he is behind the mediocre Abraham on a 2015 bike!

There was a long and detailed interview with Ruben Xauss on the Lorenzo debacle.
    He explained explicitely that a Ducati will be a Ducati, no matter how much money Audi spends on it, so Lorenzo will need to find a way to adapt to that DNA or fail miserably.
    He said that he thinks the factory making ALL available to Lorenzo is hindering his progress; that they´simply´ lost the plot. He should have taken more time to get to grips with the Ducati DNA befor trying to change things to suit his style.
    I am both disappointed and very surprised as I had hoped/expected that his megasmooth style would allow the thing to go fast and keep it from biting. Well, not.
    Xauss said that he was very pessimistic about it if Lorenzo and the team keep chasing their tails as they will fall further and further behind with data.

Fingers crossed he will be wrong. I´d like to see Lorenzo add another side to the battle at the front. But then I would like to see Rossi win a last title yet Viñales seems to hold all the cards. Boy does that guy look mature: Where Marquez shows uncanny skills in getting a bike back form beyond limits, Maverick looks like he knows them.

Imo Texas will be a crucial water shed. Marc is Captain America and if he does not win, then I cannot see Honda getting anywhere near the title this year.
    Second big question is how Zarco will do in Texas. I am a big fan of him and would love to see him on the podium there. Sofar though he has been totally a-typical in his performance; so fast out of the blocks, so hoping he will get in his groove there.

Really interesting some of the chat on BT (which being an anorak sometimes pays off watching all the sessions though takes time to get through)but Hodgson & team heard gossip that JL is trying to get techs to turn Ducati into a Yamaha to suit his style.....which as they said it won't do...he needs to just get on & ride it as a Ducati & adapt himself to its quirks if he wants it to work....

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by lordloz; 16th April 2017 at 00:32.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Really interesting some of the chat on BT (which being an anorak sometimes pays off watching all the sessions though takes time to get through)but Hodgson & team heard gossip that JL is trying to get techs to turn Ducati into a Yamaha to suit his style.....which as they said it won't do...he needs to just get on & ride it as a Ducati & adapt himself to its quirks if he wants it to work....
    In essence same thing Xauss said.
    Now it is wait and see how Jorge´s oversize personality allows him to deal with that.

Master

Met a proper racing legend today....

And a smashing French fella...

^^ officially jealous!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    ^^ officially jealous!!
    John was totally cool and happy to chat TT..... Sylvain, was "working" so I just grabbed a quick snap, but he was more than happy to oblige...

I got this legend last year in Spain...one tough cookie..

John was totally cool and happy to chat TT..... Sylvain, was "working" so I just grabbed a quick snap, but he was more than happy to oblige...

I got this legend last year in Spain...one tough cookie..
    great pics and good fun you had!

not met Sylvain but John a couple of times....second was at BSB Thruxton too, his wife is just the loveliest woman...so sweet and chatty...but first met at a small private guests evening at Beaulieu when Jim Moodie also there as was Geoff Duke as the guest of honour...what a man.....

We went outside at the interval and I was standing chatting with both of them (I think Oli Bridewell was with us too) when Sammy Miller fired up the Moto Guzzi V8 in the dead of night in the new forest and rode it out and back again.....EPIC!! absolutely unforgettable symphony of pistons and noise....

So tomorrow Americas.... FP1 starts at 3pm......... going to be good... I can feel it....

Banned
    Blog Entries

So tomorrow Americas.... FP1 starts at 3pm......... going to be good... I can feel it....
    and Lorenzo seems to have shaken himself up; 6th in FP1, ahead of Pedrosa and Rossi.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    FP2 results: Marquez, Zarco, Viñales, Rossi, Pedrosa, Dovizioso, Crutchlow, Folger, Redding, Iannone, Lorenzo, Petrucci, Miller, A.Espargaro, Barbera.

Maybe Lorenzo needs another shake.

Good fun watching practice...great chats in the break and a funny press conference...so hope this is the Mav v Marc battle we have been waiting for... just a note from me... my friend Howard - a superfan of all things motorcycles & GP...one of the safest riders i know & the nicest guy & a human sat nav who rides thousands of miles a year... after spending previous week riding in Spain was sadly laid to rest today a week after leaving the road near his home on a fun group ride ...i couldn't get to the funeral which i will regret always, but will be thinking of him watching the racing all weekend & how much he loved it..... Howard was 53...wife & a daughter will miss him terribly...

Last edited by lordloz; 22nd April 2017 at 01:15.

Craftsman
    my friend Howard - a superfan of all things motorcycles & GP...one of the safest riders i know & the nicest guy & a human sat nav who rides thousands of miles a year... after spending previous week riding in Spain was sadly laid to rest today a week after leaving the road near his home on a fun group ride ...i couldn't get to the funeral which i will regret always, but will be thinking of him watching the racing all weekend & how much he loved it..... Howard was 53...wife & a daughter will miss him terribly...

Sad to hear. Treasure those fond memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah sorry to raise it here supposed to be fun chat but it was a shock to us...he died doing what he absolutely loved like us all & will miss chatting & texting about GP with him... had great rides together... best one from Brighton to Marlborough Wiltshire for breakfast not on one motorway or dual carriageway(human sat nav Howard)& post some big floods we had to ride legs in the air through ..and in Dollys Pantry for fry up by 9:30am with 6 others including a 6'5 Maori in bright green kawasaki leathers not blending in at all amongst a bunch of genteel tourists & diners... hilarious times...

That's a fun front row...second row ain't too dusty either.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    That's a fun front row...second row ain't too dusty either.
    Marquez, Viñales, Rossi
    Pedrosa, Zarco, Lorenzo
    Dovizioso, Folger, Crutchlow
    Redding, Iannone, Miller

Enjoyed that - should be a fun first few laps tomorrow.

Looks like it will be an interesting race tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Howard. Anyone who has been riding bikes for any length of time has probably lost a mate or two. I doesn't make it any easier though.

My thoughts are with his family.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Enjoyed that - should be a fun first few laps tomorrow.
    Quite!
    After that it looks just as promising. Rossi is almost a second slower than Viñales and the Hondas will probably struggle way ,more than the Yamahas to keep the pace up.
    Viñales seems to be ok if Marquez does not take him out, but the battle for second may become a threeway Marquez, Rossi, Zarco and do not discount the latter in a scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Looks like it will be an interesting race tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Howard. Anyone who has been riding bikes for any length of time has probably lost a mate or two. I doesn't make it any easier though.

My thoughts are with his family.
    We have sadly Dave....That's 3 for me now sadly. was relatively local to you in West Sussex on A272.

He would have loved qualifying today....what a brilliant session....great by Zarco too...

Out on drive it day in vintage Mini tomorrow to south Devon but will be back for racing....

Top ride from Marky, I just hope Lorenzo is learning something.................................

Great moto 3 race as always Fenati cracking job there.. shame for Canet..... promising moto 2 as always then just tails off once again to be just a bit flat and dull.... good moto GP... really spiced up title chase now with Maverick crash & burn...lorenzo often doesnt endear himself to people but really pleased to see him upright & making slow progress. Bloody love this sport! ...just back in time from drive it day in the Mini Mk1 so a good day all round... a happy end to a bumpy last 2 weeks...

Breaking news tonight Danny Kent left Kiefer Racing with irreconcilable differences... thats tragic...the team he won with & split 3 races in... i fear his stock is low & will never reach the top after all now as don't know who would sign him now.......what a shame & waste of talent...

A good day of racing, it looks like the premier class is going to have a few battles ongoing throughout the year.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Viñales dropping it is a ´good´one for the championship and look who is leading the table! Simply amazing.

Zarco keeps amazing. The bike may be close to factory spec, it is still a class rookie on a satellite bike. Something for Lorenzo to think about.

Breaking news tonight Danny Kent left Kiefer Racing with irreconcilable differences... thats tragic...the team he won with & split 3 races in... i fear his stock is low & will never reach the top after all now as don't know who would sign him now.......what a shame & waste of talent...

Moto 2 has been a nightmare for DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Viñales dropping it is a ´good´one for the championship and look who is leading the table! Simply amazing.

Zarco keeps amazing. The bike may be close to factory spec, it is still a class rookie on a satellite bike. Something for Lorenzo to think about.
    Agreed.

Tiny error from Vinales, but that's all it takes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Gutted about Danny Kent, would have been great to see him succeed. Wish Lowes would keep it rubber side up.

Hope this is Rossi's year :-)

I don't understand why everyone objected to Rossi's penalty. Zarco was absolutely level at the apex. Rossi - "I had two choices – go straight or crash" - he left out slow down a bit and enter the next corner behind Zarco...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I don't understand why everyone objected to Rossi's penalty. Zarco was absolutely level at the apex. Rossi - "I had two choices – go straight or crash" - he left out slow down a bit and enter the next corner behind Zarco...
    Except for the fact he didn't know Zarco was there, not having rear view mirrors, and the fact it's up to the overtaker to make sure there's room, not the overtakee.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    There are also a lot totally ok with it.
    In fact, it is the prevaling opinion.
    It is racing and Zarco made a good move nothing more agressive than Rossi makes himself. Rossi should have kept his mouth.
    The stewards thought nothing of it and only anulled the advantage of Rossi´s short cut. Rightly so. Rossi was not penalized because it was not a voluntary advantage gain and he would have not been docked the time if he had backed off.
    In fact he has nothing to moan about as they could just as well have told him to let Zarco past because he retained his position by gaining illegal advantage short cutting.

Craftsman
    I don't think Zarco actually overtook him as they were alongside each other. I suppose he could have leant back on him and had them both off!!!

Master
    It wasn't an overtake, more of a hopeful lunge off the line. No way would it have stuck. At least there was a place for Rossi to run off to!

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    It wasn't an overtake, more of a hopeful lunge off the line. No way would it have stuck. At least there was a place for Rossi to run off to!
    this was flagged up by someone from twitter... I've bleeped the swearing and spellchecked Sepang! but otherwise it is quite amusing...

upload a picturecertificity.com

this was flagged up by someone from twitter... I've bleeped the swearing and spellchecked Sepang! but otherwise it is quite amusing...

upload a picturecertificity.com
    Excellent
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    That's quite funny

Master

Needs a decent manager, James Toseland stepped with advice a couple of years ago cause he could see Danny and family heading in the wrong direction with negotiations. If the team and support etc isn't right you rarely have a rider who will perform as he should/can

I think you are right there, its a shark infested pool there without the right manager-something i was sceptical of & liked riders who don't do that & plough their own furrow... unfortunately, while not as bad as F1 yet they do need help & have to employ a manager to make the contact,running & contracts... while Aprilia isn't the plum ride yet there are few top seats anyway so Roger Burnett has done a great job getting Lowes a ride with a factory, Mamola with Bradley & so on. I sadly think Danny has missed the boat & while having any gp world title is fantastic he won't get any higher & that is a real shame...

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Excellent
    Cheers i thought so :smilie:

I guess you could substitute Sepang for Jerez & Gibernau, Lorenzo or Laguna & Stoner, etc..

Danny Kent update....

So this is a great article but the well respected David Emnmett on the Rise and Fall of Danny Kent....

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...anny_kent.html

amazingly Danny even replied to it but centered on the personal comments on him being not that focused on the job -

IMO I don't think David was being that personal or vindictive but was repeating paddock gossip which team managers do hear...

it's an excellent piece....and confirms he turned into a bit of a prima donna and his massive error in getting Bom fired cemented his downfall. Marquez and co. won and lost together and stuck together with his friends and crew to Moto GP. Danny could have done that. I think Kiefer not blameless either totally but Danny believed his own hype.

and I thought Danny was done and dusted but out of the ashes by the last person I would expect after beating his rider the year before is that Ajo has given him a Moto 3 lifeline in a test and a wildcard at Le Mans....though I think he is well liked by Red Bull and had of course worked at Ajo before... he is coming in to see if its the riders or the bike at fault at KTM but if he returns to Red Bull fold he may not be the fallen rider he could become fading away after all..

https://motomatters.com/news/2017/05...oto3_bike.html

With Antonelli not performing as well as he should be so maybe he will get the boot.............

Jerez this weekend so usually a damn good race...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The morning session. FP1, at Jerez was pretty much useless with the track neither proper wet nor real dry. Lots of wind and showers so the timing sheets are what they are.

Lorenzo not being at the tail end is basically the only thing drawing attention to it.

Should brighten up. The weekend is forecasted to be totally sunny!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Neat turn of events:
    The Hondas have found their mojo.
    Lorenzo too.
    The Yamahas are behind them and Pol brought the big bang KTM home 9th!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Crunch time in Jerez.
    Beautiful weather, not too hot, track temp 45 degrees C.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow!!! FP4 sees the first 18 within 1 second, with the KTM being only half a second off the top runner and the Tech3 guys impressing everyone again.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 6th May 2017 at 13:16.