closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Moto GP 2017

Best track, best race this season - WOW WOW WOW!!!

Fantastic race! Loved it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Best track, best race this season - WOW WOW WOW!!!
    Agreed - Last 3 laps of Japan were amazing, but the whole race from Phillip Island was awesome. Moto 2 and 3 were brilliant too.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    brilliant race sunday!, sorry for Dovi but happy Rossi did well
    so up again early sunday for Sepang, hope its dry

Best race of the season for end to end excitement. I wish Ducati and Dovi has done better as the season is all but over now. Still, should be some great racing for the last 2 rounds!

Another wet one: Sepang International Circuit?

Edit: Not for QP.
    Last edited by PickleB; 28th October 2017 at 07:23.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post

Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup 2017 riders (spot the twins):

...image...

One of them won the last two races to come 3rd in the championship...and the other one became the champion:

That's him there...in the second row at the after series ceremony:

Edit: I nearly forgot...they had their 14th birthday mid-season and were also 3rd and 4th in the Red Bull Rookies (in their first year).
    Last edited by PickleB; 29th October 2017 at 19:19.

Another great day of racing :)

Grand Finale Guaranteed. Pleased to see Zarco on the podium. His new style lid must be a lucky omen.

Journeyman
    yes a great race!, just glad MM93 took fourth so at least it goes to the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    One of them won the last two races to come 3rd in the championship...and the other one became the champion:

...video...

That's him there...in the second row at the after series ceremony:

...image...

Edit: I nearly forgot...they had their 14th birthday mid-season and were also 3rd and 4th in the Red Bull Rookies (in their first year).

In 2018 the twins will continue racing in the Red Bull Rookies and have signed for Red Bull KTM Ajo Motorsport to ride in the FIM CEV Moto3 Junior World Championship:

The Red Bull KTM Ajo team will make important new developments to its Moto3 competition teams in 2018. The team will continue their presence in the FIM Moto3 World Championship – which they won in both 2012 and 2016 – with new rider Darryn Binder. In addition, the Red Bull KTM Ajo team will run a development team in the FIM CEV Junior World Championship. The Turkish twins Can and Deniz Öncü will be the riders for this project, which will be supported by Dorna’s “Road to MotoGP™” program. Red Bull, KTM and Ajo Motorsport thus continue their successful collaboration that began in 2012 and increase their presence to include a new competition.

Also, 2018 will be the first year of the British Talent Cup.

Dorna's British Talent Team will continue to support John McPhee at CIP in the Moto3 World Championship, Charlie Nesbitt in the FIM CEV Junior World Championship and introducing Tom Booth-Amos as another rider in the latter (link).
    Last edited by PickleB; 11th November 2017 at 22:09. Reason: add British Talent Team paragraph

Master
    Well that's it.... another season done...

Now what about that Marquez save in turn one?? Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

Now what about that Marquez save in turn one?? Yikes...
    How the feck does he do stuff like that? Well deserved championship win, despite a pretty poor start.

Great effort by Dovi though. Ducati ought to be paying him much more and Lorenzo a lot less.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Great effort by Dovi though. Ducati ought to be paying him much more and Lorenzo a lot less.
    They ought to demote Lorenzo to a satellite team. Cannot imagine the sponsors of those being too happy though with that image disaster.

I was in a pub in Spain watching the race, when Marquez went off the place went metal!! He deserves full credit for staying on and sealing the championship.

I’m looking forward to next year, I’ll be going back to Catalunya. Just off to find the 2018 thread

Perfect.

I do think Jorge is a bit of a dick, but considering that this is the first season in his 10 years in motogp that he hasn't won a race, I think that the Ducati is, as usual, a bit of an odd duck. He's certainly riding it a lot better now than at the start of the season. Ducati must know that when they sign a rider there's at least a 50/50 chance that they won't be able to do a damn thing on their bike. Let's see what his results are like in year 2.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Ducati must know that when they sign a rider there's at least a 50/50 chance that they won't be able to do a damn thing on their bike.
    They also must have been aware that the bloke is poison.

I do think Jorge is a bit of a dick, but considering that this is the first season in his 10 years in motogp that he hasn't won a race, I think that the Ducati is, as usual, a bit of an odd duck. He's certainly riding it a lot better now than at the start of the season. Ducati must know that when they sign a rider there's at least a 50/50 chance that they won't be able to do a damn thing on their bike. Let's see what his results are like in year 2.
    Very good point, he is not the first big name to struggle with a Ducats

I think it’s more that the Ducati was heavily flawed, and now it has been heavily reworked and lots of riders are capable of getting decent results on the current bike, whereas decent results were sorely lacking on anything following the 800cc bike.

Unless the other factories make significant strides forward, then next years championship could be a 3 team fight. Possibly more if KTM, Suzuki and Aprilia make some positive progress, and that doesn’t take account if the results of the satellite teams.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    They also must have been aware that the bloke is poison.
    More BS

Yeah....it's difficult to understand why any team would want a 5 times world champion and proven winner in their team

More BS

Yeah....it's difficult to understand why any team would want a 5 times world champion and proven winner in their team
    He does seem to struggle with Mapping 8

Master
    Mat Oxley's latest piece, on this:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ot-team-orders

More BS

He can ride a bike alright, but he is a dick and has proved to be a media nightmare for his teams at times.

Anyone waiting for British Superbikes to start on TV? Watch the new Road to MotoGP series for youngsters, the British Talent Cup, live on YouTube...now: link..and live timing here. Their 1st (ever) race is due to start at 15h00 BST.

Edit Their homepage www.britishtalentcup.com.

Update Not too much drama for their first time out and a very creditable performance from a novice commentator...Tom Booth-Amos. Race 2 @ 11h15 tomorrow.

Monday Twenty minutes to go and it's been raining since about midnight. It's forecast to stop soon, but I doubt that the track will dry for ages.

Update Racing delayed until about 12:00.

Revision BTC @ 13:15 & BSB @ 16:30 (Wup @ 13:50)

Oh well...12:40 BTC race cancelled

One week later I've only just realised that I was posting in last year's thread...Oh well, indeed.
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th April 2018 at 19:26.