Happy Easter folks,

I'm considering replacing the PCM unit on my 2006 Cayenne S. The screen is on the way out and one of the Bose bass speakers is distorting.

I don't want integrated Sat nav and, from my limited research, have settled on the Kenwood DDX 9717 BTS. The unit seems to be suitable for adapting to the proprietary optical system and will work with the steering wheel controls (thats what the suppliers tell me anyway).

I plan on getting Road Radio in Surrey to fit the unit (they seem to come highly recommended and were very familiar with the task of fitting to Porsches).

I'll probably have the reversing cam option as well (maybe the front cam too but I'm not sure if there any real advantages).

The sat nav side of things I'll cover with a separate unit (if I can get over the TomTom interpretation of "lifetime" or maybe an Android solution mirrored off the phone to the Kenwood.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody has gone down a similar route, plus any other comments or feedback. Also, replace the individual speaker or the whole set?

Cheers

Dave