closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Your 2017 Summer Holiday Taking You?

Where is Your 2017 Summer Holiday Taking You?

Seems to be a bit of a perennial post this one, and with the really depressing weather this weekend it always good to have something to look forward to.

Also, nothing is yet booked for our family holiday so I'm looking for a bit of inspiration.

So, if you've booked your summer holiday yet, where are you off too?

North Norfolk with the wife, 3 children, 2 dogs, 2 motorbikes (1 if my son doesn't get his A2 license) and 1 Defender. The quintessential British holiday. Nothing fancy, just simple pleasures. Can't wait!

Master
    I avoid taking time off during the summer. Tomorrow I'm away to Poznan for a week. Then a fortnight later I'm away to Gdansk. After that I need to wait until May when I'll be in Warsaw for a week. Cheap flights and accommodation.

Master
    I'm off to Sorrento in June for my brother's wedding. Not sure about a family holiday yet, we'd like to visit somewhere different.

We're heading back to Lanzerote in May/June Half Term, Princesa Yaiza in Playa Blanca. Went last year to same resort and loved the beach, good restaurants within a short walk and great weather.

For summer we'll be having a week in Cornwall, probably Una at Carbis Bay or somewhere else close to St. Ives, with my parents.

Both are perfect for us and kids (6 and 2), and offer different things.

Never go away in summer - trip to see the Northern Lights in a 10 day time and we are heading to the Caribbean early November for a couple of weeks.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Sadly I can't plan anything as I'll be job hunting this summer after graduation. Hopefully a week somewhere sunny and a trip to Iceland later in year is possible.

Off to Florida, first and last time with the kids (15,14,9). Not sure how much of a holiday given the 3 week detailed plan SWMBO has got together.

Got a boys weekender at Ushuaia in June though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenerife for 2 weeks in April. As far away from the beach resorts in the south as possible. Will be moving around a bit staying in Teide for some volcano walking, a tiny basic beach place in a village with just 1 bar and nothing else then a nice apartment near the capital.
    Don't do summer holidays as it's usually too hot and too many screaming kids, will fit in a European city break once the schools start.

I'm self employed but the other half did that 9 days over Easter thing to get 18 days off.

Master
    Same situation as ally. Will take the gf and camping gear down to Dorset orScottish isles if I get a chance though.

Journeyman
    Portugal later this year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We were going to Kos in May. My daughter as informed us she is getting married, so we and close family are going, they always wanted a quiet wedding as they preferred to have the money for their house.

Later in the year we will have a week in the sun, then hopefully I will go down to Australia on my own for a month, just love that place.
    Last edited by hilly10; 12th February 2017 at 22:39.

Banned
    Le Mans on the bikes for the MotoGP in may
    2 weeks in Tenerife with the family in August and
    San Marino on the bikes for the MotoGP in September.
    Everything booked and sorted, always need something to look forward to !

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Haven't got any summer plans but I'm off to Kiev/Pripyat/dead zone in September/October.
    Would like to get a week in the highlands in spring.

I prefer spring and autumn so tend to work through summer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    With young kids, we stay on this green and pleasant island.
    A week in May near Bournemouth then a fortnight at our regular choice of Charmouth. Not very adventerous but the kids love it and that's what it's all about.

Master
    Lanzarote in March, and if senior management gets her way it will be followed by Madeira in June an Goa in December.

Whitby for one week, and then somewhere else that has yet to be decided by us (the wife!).

Master
    Cyprus at the end of July with my wife and daughter. Gone from 5 of us to 3 now the boys are atually men.

Corfu at the end of July. Looking forward to it as we have not visited since 2006.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Avoid Summer holidays like the plague. We usually go away in May, and November.
    Kefalonia is all we have booked so far this year. Loved all the Greek islands that we have visited previously

Master
    Two week med cruise in July with partner, 3 children and my parents, then a week in Vegas in September with my mates

Blog Entries
    Down to see my mum for a week in Burgundy in May half term
    Two weeks in Lefkada during August with my cousins and all are families in a big villa
    1 week in Dubai in a October to go out and see my little sister and family (got all 5 of us dirt cheap flights out of Brum)

Bit of a blow out this year

Master
    A few days in Devon this week, a weekend in Edinburgh in March for our wedding anniversary.
    Then the Peak District the first week of Easter along with my parents.
    Then taking a coach of Scouts including my daughter to Poland for two weeks in the summer having a proper road trip, visiting Colditz, Krakow, Vienna and Ypres along the way, we did Romania in 2015 which was great fun.

Master
    Off to Abu Dhabi for 2 weeks in April.

Just this evening booked flights to Alicante for the end of March.Off to see mum and and a few friends.

Three weeks in Majorca ,June / July .
    Seems an awfully long way off at the moment .

Heading to London this summer, probably 1 week at the beginning to drop the 3 youngest to MrsO who will already be there , then 10 days or so at the end to meet up with everyone, bring 3 back while MrsO stays a bit longer to get #1 son settled back in school.

The bit in the middle I will be back on island working and home alone.

I tend to try and get as much sun as possible, so traditionally always holidayed in Nov and February, but having a base in Oz these days means spending more time there. So, I'm taking my daughter out for the school summer holidays this year - I hope she likes it; she'll get to see some new sights, and learn how to ride a motorbike, and ride a quad etc. so I'll have a great time with her :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Where is Your 2017 Summer Holiday Taking You?

I was looking forward to the fortnight in Turkey I'd booked with Neilson but it seems I was alone in that - they pulled the plug on the whole resort last week due to lack of demand.

Anyway, I'm now going to Greece - at a significant discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamesianbriggs; 13th February 2017 at 08:58.

Craftsman
    Just having a few day/weekend trips away in the UK this year.

Florida for 3 weeks in 2018.....kids (and me) cannot wait!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Two trips to our flat in Menorca this year - late June/early Sept. A builder reposession by the bank we bought at the bottom of the slump - put in a stupid offer which got accepted - so far it's turning out to be the best investment we ever made.

Craftsman
    A week of walking/pub lunching in North Yorkshire with the dogs in the T5.

Blog Entries
    Summer holiday is largely filled with the worldchampionship youth dinghy sailing. My oldest is going to participate and I will be there as cook, repair man, mental coach, the guy with the wallet...

Christmas '17 we're heading towards Florida.

Menno

Craftsman
    A few days in Mevagissey then two weeks in California for my 40th. This was originally going to be LA and Vegas but now going to fit in a few other places too.

Master
    Will stay in the UK this year maybe a few weeks in May - June visiting friends in a wide sweep extending up to Northern Scotland for kicks.

I think we're doing either mainland Greece (Corfu side) or Leros in the summer - some Greek friends have invited us to go away with them when they're home for summer holidays so the choice is between the island holiday home or the mountain village. I'm happy with either for some time away and some sun!

Master
    Mrs Lewis and I are off to Teneriffe for a week in May then off with the girls in August to Mykonos - I'm sure there's room for another week somewhere too

Banned
    14 weeks booked away in the van all over the uk touring.

Fed up with long / short haul done all of Europe by car  .

Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Over the Pyrenees then along the Cote d'azur to Monaco.
    Route de Grand Alpes to Lake Geneva. Swiss Alpine passes then the B500 through the Black Forest and on to the Nürburgring then the Rotterdam ferry to Hull & home.

3 of us on R1200GSs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Over the Pyrenees then along the Cote d'azur to Monaco.
    Route de Grand Alpes to Lake Geneva. Swiss Alpine passes then the B500 through the Black Forest and on to the Nürburgring then the Rotterdam ferry to Hull & home.

3 of us on R1200GSs

Done that many times on the pride of Bilbao then later on the port avante but we headed south to our place in Nerja. Some great crossings over bay of Biscay.

Blog Entries
    Mawnan Smith!

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Need to wait and see.

I usually head for Turkey for 2 weeks but my contract changed and my holiday entitlement period has changed (same days just different way of working) and it clashes with the missus, who has also had hers changed with her new company.
    The 2 weeks I have off are for the house to get works done (wood burner) and its her 30th (Breitling Galactic by the looks of it)...so I will see how all that pans out and if we can even get a week in Turkey or a deal else where.

Master
    Thailand for three weeks in May visiting family and having a little break.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post

3 of us on R1200GSs
    That sounds awesome! Ive been invited on this years annual trip, but I'm only doing a short trip this year, again 3 on the GSs, but old man will be on his R - we are going to do Aragon again, staying in Tortosa and riding to the track each day, with a few days either side to enjoy some nice roads/scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    14 weeks booked away in the van all over the uk touring.

Fed up with long / short haul done all of Europe by car  .
    Sounds like a very nice plan to me. I have fond memories of being taking around the uk, and Europe, in the family camper :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Never go away in summer - trip to see the Northern Lights in a 10 day time and we are heading to the Caribbean early November for a couple of weeks.
    My folks are doing exactly the same at the same time. Wonder if you'll be on the same trip? As for holidays for the wife and me, none planned due to being recently made redundent

We booked all our known trips away this weekend, now I have something to look forward too 😀
    A few days in Barcelona next month. Athens the Greek mountains and Kefalonia for a few weeks in the summer and then back to northern Zimbabwe at the end of the year.
    If I can I will fit in a trip home to Connemara as well.

We've got 4 days in Naples booked in June, but we've not booked our 'proper' summer holiday yet.

We're hoping to go to Petra, probably in October.

M

Master
    1 week all inclusive booked for Sorrento, Italy in April.

Later in the year it's a toss up between most of SE Asia but Malaysia is looking like the favourite so far.

2 weeks in Colorado seeing some friends in May and touring around then diving in the Red Sea on a liveaboard for a week in July