Thought I'd post this on here partly to try and encourage others and to keep me focused!

Here's the deal, every year in work the guys in our office do a weight loss competition. It runs for 2 months, so deadline this year is 28th February. We all weigh in on a set of bathroom scales we bought for the office at the beginning on January and weigh out on the same by the end of February. Each person sticks a tenner in and the person who looses the most weight (or to keep it fair we use % of body weight lost) gets to pick a charity for the donation. We have helped quite a few charities over the years with this. 5 of us also have a side bet of a lunch with the person who loses the least picking up the bill, that can focus the mind! It's a bit of craic and of course the usual office banter kicks in with makes it all the more fun. People trying to temp others with chocolate, biscuits etc.

Anyway, Last year through health issues and a wee touch of depression caused by the same (but this is no pity party so let's not dwell on that) I put on a bit of weight. On my weigh in on 3rd January I was 95.8kg or 15st 1lb (we keep it in KG as it's easier to work out % of body weight). Latest check on the scales and I am down to 93.3Kg or 14st 10lb., that was monday morning, 9th January. My aim (and it's ambitious) is to lose 10kg inb total before the end of February, so hoping to be under 90kg before end of January.

I will post up updates along the was so you lot can shame me into action if I'm not on target! There's 22 of us in it including 3 women (they took some convincing as we publish the weight on a shared network location for all to see!) so there's £220 for charity at stake here plus a £50 lunch for some unlucky punter to pay for. Next weight update will be on Friday 13th January.

Wish me luck!