closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travelling via Zurich Airport to India

Travelling via Zurich Airport to India

I am travelling with Swiss Air via Zurich Airport to Delhi with my wife and children (aged 1 and 3). Has anyone experience of travelling via Zurich as the reviews are somewhat mixed. I am hoping that going through security etc is stress free and especially as I am carrying baby milk powder, milk and baby food. Previously I have flown with Emirates/Dubai which went without hitch and hoping it will be the same with Swiss/Zurich.

(I will take off my SKX007 prior going through the detectors and avoid any issues.)

I've flown through Zurich several times, both as a destination and in transit and I have to be honest, i have never found it to be anything other than utterly confusing!

Not had any issues with security, other than the usual queues, but actually finding your way around I have consistently found to be a shambles!

I've done that trip a few times and you'll be absolutely fine. Zürich has one-stop security providing that you're arriving from an obviously "first-world" airport so you shouldn't have to go through security at all when you make your flight connection. I'm surprised you've read much in the way of mixed reviews as, in my experience, it is the best airport for connecting via; I've made a few 10/15 minute connections between Schengen and non-Schengen gates (A>B/D or vice versa) and my luggage has always made it as well.

Edit in the light of what Ashtennisguru has said: there are a couple of examples where the signage is designed either to manage people flow and possibly to manage people flow via retail spaces as per any British airport. I have the alleged advantage of knowing the place sufficiently and have sussed out all of the short cuts that avoid this.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 12th January 2017 at 15:39.

Thank you both.

On the outward journey I am flying from Birmingham and so no need to re-enter security then. On the inbound, it will be from Delhi and assume security clearance again.

Delhi is a strange airport I find (not that I have travelled far and wide). The insistence on viewing passports and boarding passes again at security, when to get into security area, these have to be shown. Becomes a headache when with children and lugging the mountains of luggage that my wife regards as necessary.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Thank you both.

On the outward journey I am flying from Birmingham and so no need to re-enter security then. On the inbound, it will be from Delhi and assume security clearance again.

Delhi is a strange airport I find (not that I have travelled far and wide). The insistence on viewing passports and boarding passes again at security, when to get into security area, these have to be shown. Becomes a headache when with children and lugging the mountains of luggage that my wife regards as necessary.
    Having had to travel to and from Delhi I sympathise with you. "Security" at Indian airports would do any erstwhile eastern block country proud! My passport and boarding pass was checked 5 times as I was leaving Delhi! In Bangalore they actually went through my rucksack and missed a bottle of Paracetamol syrup which was later found by Heathrow security who were not pleased! This was despite by rucksack going through Xray twice!
    And then there are random AK 47/MP5 toting guys who demand to see your boarding pass and passport, maybe I look shady! More than a headache it is really irritating-don't you trust your colleague? Another odd thing at Indian airports is the fact your hand luggage goes through Xray even if you are getting out of the airport!