closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMC price (Diver 300M)

Craftsman

Omega SMC price (Diver 300M)

Gents
    Fancy one of these and been offered one new for £2'300. Is this a good buy ? I am happy to buy used if can save some money 😂
    Help appreciated

Master
    Brexit has obviously affected grey prices but 12 months ago I would have said £2K was the target new price.

The recent SC sales suggests used prices here haven't changed much and £1700-£1800 will get you a lightly used example without too much trouble. Dealer prices have certainly crept up though with Watchfinder asking 2.1-2.4kish for theirs.

I'd echo the above, for a perfect full set new one in newer style box. Links are very expensive, so make sure you get a full bracelet if buying new, and I'm fairly sure you should get two half links with the newer bracelets too - I have two on mine, and need them both for a perfect fit, as there is no adjustment on the standard clasp.

I'd rather pay £1600-£1700 for a perfect complete set, than have to try and piece together any missing bits. From memory, I paid a very reasonable £1600 for mine and it was like new and only a few months old.

The real question is, how much is buying new compare to a lightly worn one worth to you?
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Well I've just flipped my full size ceramic black 2012 (missing warranty card) on gumtree and got £1450 cash in hand.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'd rather pay £1600-£1700 for a perfect complete set, than have to try and piece together any missing bits. From memory, I paid a very reasonable £1600 for mine and it was like new and only a few months old.

The real question is, how much is buying new compare to a lightly worn one worth to you?
    I think the answer is to try and get a Pre loved one then...

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Well I've just flipped my full size ceramic black 2012 (missing warranty card) on gumtree and got £1450 cash in hand.
    Sounds like you got a very good price. They only launched the ceramic in 2012, so I guess it was also out of warranty. You know you can now request replacement cards from Omega, but at a price?
    It's just a matter of time...

If Ryan is still doing his bit, you could ask him.

I paid 2005gbp for mine late last year, plus 100 to the fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    If Ryan is still doing his bit, you could ask him.

I paid 2005gbp for mine late last year, plus 100 to the fundraiser.
    Don't think he is last I checked. I remember reading he was going to honour a couple of purchases already requested but that would be it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Sounds like you got a very good price. They only launched the ceramic in 2012, so I guess it was also out of warranty. You know you can now request replacement cards from Omega, but at a price?
    Correction. It was a 2013 I purchased it used from beaverbrook in 2014. On used they dont let you have the warranty card they give you a 6 month warranty from them. I gave £2k for it. At the time I thought £700 under new was a good price. This was before I started reading tz forum.

To the Op just wait for a full set at £1600 ish to pop up.

Craftsman
    Iconic has them for £2300 and in stock so if your offer was from an AD then it's a good price for new.
    They pop up on here for £1600-£1800 quite regularly and mostly in good nick. A WTB will probably get a result.