closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

That is probably the case. I selected "other boutique" as the only UK option was London.

Ah ok - sounds like it is the case then! Cheers guys.

(Edit: I chose London)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I think it looks great on the Nato.

After hearing that it looks like a Newcastle United home strip, I can't quite un-see it. Still love it though!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    That is probably the case. I selected "other boutique" as the only UK option was London.
    I'm the same, bizarrely the only OB listed was the London one.
    I can easily collect from the Glasgow OB, but may see if they'll deliver it to my local AD. I hear a lot about the "boutique" experience but what beyond a coffee can they offer??? I'd rather collect from my local AD especially if they got some money for the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that hasn't helped with the long wait ahead! Wow

Journeyman
    "Robert-Jan's watch has the most special engraving of "0/2012." Yup, he get's the prototype – as he should." Lucky man!

So gutted every time I see this thread. My post (60 something) in this thread shows the "sold out" sign I got but people minutes before and minutes after me got one. I must have been right on the very edge of the cutoff while they were in the 15 minute confirmation window. The fact I was so close makes it much worse!!

I think it's really beautiful. Elegant, cool and clearly different enough from my current speedy to justify. Alas....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Name is down on the reservation list!

Any of you who get discounted High St vouchers through work should select that Omega AD as the delivery agent as you will get a discount that way - 15% off in my case which is handy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Any of you who get discounted High St vouchers through work should select that Omega AD as the delivery agent as you will get a discount that way - 15% off in my case which is handy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Which AD qualifies for this discount?

Sent from my MotoG3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    It looked as though you can only collect from boutiques, I didn't see any options for ad's.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I read somewhere that there are 1800 people on the waiting list.

Journeyman
    If that is the case then there will be no discount being offered. It'll be a case of 'if you don't want it someone else will'

That's about right. The UK got around 360 reservations. The OB nominated during the order process will be responsible for contacting the customer and taking payment and allocations will be confirmed in March.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I read somewhere that there are 1800 people on the waiting list.
    I wonder if there will be a panda or reverse panda dial Speedmaster launched at Basel. That's a lot of people wanting to buy a product that they don't currently sell.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benco View Post
    It looked as though you can only collect from boutiques, I didn't see any options for ad's.

The only UK pickup point listed was the London OB. From comments made by on the Omega forums it seems you'll be able to nominate any AD or OB for pickup when they phone you

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    The only UK pickup point listed was the London OB. From comments made by on the Omega forums it seems you'll be able to nominate any AD or OB for pickup when they phone you
    See post 173 from Sean, you can have them delivered to your home address.

Master
    I think that I'd prefer collecting from a bricks and mortar building rather than delivered in the mail, as I believe it should make for a better experience.

Having said that if it's shipped by mail then you've 14 days distance selling "buyers remorse" comfort cushion to fall back on.

I shall be looking forward to collecting mine come the Summer, hopefully I'll still be feeling the same way

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Having said that if it's shipped by mail then you've 14 days distance selling "buyers remorse" comfort cushion to fall back on.
    I would have thought buyers remorse in this case would mean popping it straight in the post to Watchfinder, not returning it to Omega

Craftsman
    Name is in the reservation list. Here's hoping!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I would have thought buyers remorse in this case would mean popping it straight in the post to Watchfinder, not returning it to Omega
    So you could see Watchfinder paying a premium?

1,800 people on the waiting list. Think Snoopy, Ceramic Daytona etc.

I was only joking by the way, but some will have ordered to turn a profit without a doubt.

I was in the London OB today chatting with the store assistant manager (nice chap). He mentioned that they were completely unaware of this model and the online launch until the morning of the launch. He also said Omega were not planning any further online only models and this was very much a one-off. I find that hard to believe given the success of this one but you never know

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I was in the London OB today chatting with the store assistant manager (nice chap). He mentioned that they were completely unaware of this model and the online launch until the morning of the launch. He also said Omega were not planning any further online only models and this was very much a one-off. I find that hard to believe given the success of this one but you never know

Omega will sell in this way again. Why wouldnt they? It has been an incredible success for them, and would potentially increase profits, as they could presumably dictate the price to any AD or boutique.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Omega will sell in this way again. Why wouldnt they? It has been an incredible success for them, and would potentially increase profits, as they could presumably dictate the price to any AD or boutique.
    I agree, time will tell

Master
    yeah absolutely. The watch is a hit and some people are paying to be on the waiting list even!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    ...some people are paying to be on the waiting list even!
    Mental! I take it you've seen this on other forums?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    yeah absolutely. The watch is a hit and some people are paying to be on the waiting list even!

Blimey!

I missed out on the Snoopy couple of years back, so leapt straight in this time, glad I did

Could everybody who got one please stop rubbing it in!? ;)

I was in an omega AD today in Winchester and even they missed out and were gutted.

I was so close, which makes it much worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone want to swap their Snoopy-new or old- for one of these ?

Master
    Every time I come back to this thread I can't help thinking it would suit a black version of the strap it's currently on. I've had a little browse online at the likes of Watchgeko and it appears easy enough to buy a strap with similar stitching but I can't find one with the indents in the leather down both sides.

Maybe Omega will offer a black version but if they don't does anyone know of a supplier online who currently produces something similar?

I am on the reserve list!

I thought `Limited Edition` Omegas were supposed to be the epitome of naff?

Clambering to get on a `waiting list` suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I thought `Limited Edition` Omegas were supposed to be the epitome of naff?

Clambering to get on a `waiting list` suggests otherwise.
    This is one of the more interesting ones, it is stunning.

Actually more excited about this incoming then my black Daytona

Seeing that they weren't aware of the first one, how can they say there won't be any more?

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Seeing that they weren't aware of the first one, how can they say there won't be any more?

Steve
    That's some solid logic. Most likely, they were mad to be cut out and Omega told them "no more" - until the next one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Actually more excited about this incoming then my black Daytona
    Agreed. I think it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post

Steve
    Personally, I don't regard this as a true Omega limited edition, in the sense that it is not in their portfolio of watches. This is more of a commission order with a limited number produced - that is not quite the same.

I have seen similar on other forums for different brands, limited commission runs of watches sold to members, is this any different and helps explain the on-line subscription, which Omega have never done for their own limited editions which would be premiered at Baselworld.

Yes it is an Omega and yes it is a limited edition - but in my view a commission job rather than the next big thing from Omega.

Just my opinion.

Master
    Personally, I don't regard this as a true Omega limited edition, in the sense that it is not in their portfolio of watches. This is more of a commission order with a limited number produced - that is not quite the same.

I have seen similar on other forums for different brands, limited commission runs of watches sold to members, is this any different and helps explain the on-line subscription, which Omega have never done for their own limited editions which would be premiered at Baselworld.

Yes it is an Omega and yes it is a limited edition - but in my view a commission job rather than the next big thing from Omega.

Just my opinion.
    Perhaps but it is a fully endorsed Omega in house product which was fully listed on their website, rather than something like the Breitling squadron specials or the Sea King Submariner which are more of a grey area. The fact that it uses a unique dial, crown case finish suggest to me it is a bit more special than a 'slap a sticker on the dial and dremal a logo in the caseback' type commission job.

True Padders but Ken does make a good point when you think about it.

This is more of a commission order with a limited number produced - that is not quite the same.
    limited commission runs of watches sold to members
    I see, i wonder if Omega`s aim is to replicate the success of the Panerai Brooklyn Bridge....!

Just my opinion.
    I cant see it as a Commissioned watch. It is sold openly to any Omega customer. Whereas all commissioned offereings are provided to the ordering company/unit to their staff/unit, or perhaps their stores.

This really is a new direction in selling for Omega, and I don't think it's a bad thing.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I see, i wonder if Omega`s aim is to replicate the success of the Panerai Brooklyn Bridge....!
    Only if they fit an especially terrible looking movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

This really is a new direction in selling for Omega, and I don't think it's a bad thing.
    I agree, just trying to sort out the watch in my head and decide what it is. I also think the on-line booking system is preferable to the current post code lottery of getting your name on a dealers list - it seems if you live in Cornwall for example there are plenty for everyone, but more built up areas suddenly quote 7 year waiting lists or sorry Sir, no chance.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I agree, just trying to sort out the watch in my head and decide what it is. I also think the on-line booking system is preferable to the current post code lottery of getting your name on a dealers list - it seems if you live in Cornwall for example there are plenty for everyone, but more built up areas suddenly quote 7 year waiting lists or sorry Sir, no chance.
    I love Cornwall!😉

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I love Cornwall!
    I bet you do, it seems half the PPs, Ceramic Daytonas, Snoopy's etc that have appeared on here in the last year have come from that bloody dealership down there.

I also think the on-line booking system is preferable to the current post code lottery of getting your name on a dealers list
    While the ADs may not be happy to be bypassed, and don't have the opportunity to bump 'preferred' customers up the waiting list, it's great that it's providing equal access to limited pieces. Yes, it opens the door to dealers and profiteers too, but they have no greater chance of getting their hands on one than everyone else.

Would the perception of this process be so positive if the announcement had been made at 1am GMT though? No system's perfect, I suppose.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I bet you do, it seems half the PPs, Ceramic Daytonas, Snoopy's etc that have appeared on here in the last year have come from that bloody dealership down there.
    😜