closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Would a standard bracelet look ok with the brushed case of this one?
    I do wonder.

I think this strap would look great:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...lack-cuz004526

Here are a couple of pics stolen from WUS which show it on a Mitsukoshi Speedy:

I quite like the NATO that comes with it to be honest. I don't wear any of my Speedie's on their original metal straps as I don't really like them on it.

I wonder if the boutique's will start ringing around for deposits at some point?

Steve

Just managed to reserve one on the Omega site. Looks like they are coming back online if after 24 hour anyone has not confirmed.

I'd sold off my whole collection except for my Speedy TinTin, AirKing and G-Force. But I could see the TinTin going in favour of this new reverse-panda Speedy. I had been looking for a reverse-panda dialled watch for a while and this just looks fantastic to me. Love the lume too.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    I wonder if the boutique's will start ringing around for deposits at some point?

The confirmation email says "YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY AN OMEGA SALESPERSON IN THE SUMMER 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Would a standard bracelet look ok with the brushed case of this one?
    Courtesy of user 6R15@wus.

Personally I think it will look excellent on any type of strap or bracelet which works with the usual Speedy, especially a 1171/1.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

Personally I think it will look excellent on any type of strap or bracelet which works with the usual Speedy, especially a 1171/1.
    With the case on the new Speedy being totally brushed perhaps the centre links would need to be brushed out to match perfectly?

Master

That actually looks pretty sweet. I may be tempted to get a bracelet too....

Master
    Well it certainly does work with a bracelet. I wonder if the brushing of the usually polished parts is the reason for not offering it as standard - it looks like this mockup is based on the normal version with polished lugs. They've seen it and we haven't, maybe it didn't work as well as it appears, or you'd wonder why they haven't given the option. They could always do a similar one with polished lugs and bracelet later on of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Well it certainly does work with a bracelet. I wonder if the brushing of the usually polished parts is the reason for not offering it as standard - it looks like this mockup is based on the normal version with polished lugs. They've seen it and we haven't, maybe it didn't work as well as it appears, or you'd wonder why they haven't given the option. They could always do a similar one with polished lugs and bracelet later on of course...
    It could be that it didn't work but I sense Omega will continue to offer their limited editions on some sort of strap instead of a bracelet. I put the 45th anniversary Apollo watch being down to not wanting to make a titanium bracelet but now I think it's mostly about saving them money.

I have been trying to reserve a 'dienstag' since yesterday but no luck... keeps saying the numbers are all gone :-(

I think the Tintin version, that never was, is much nicer looking, probably fewer around and was a shy over half the price of this one...

In my eyes this looks a lot better than the cheap looking brown strap. I mentioned the same about the strap in the other thread that was started on this. But then I've always thought brown straps don't look right on speedies, its like mixing a black suit with brown shoes.

Master
    Questions of taste. I prefer my Speedie on a strap...black or brown. My bracelet has never been out of the box. When I get my 'Tuesday' I might get the bracelet out, just to see. I seem to prefer straps on most watches. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Questions of taste. I prefer my Speedie on a strap...black or brown. My bracelet has never been out of the box. When I get my 'Tuesday' I might get the bracelet out, just to see. I seem to prefer straps on most watches. There's no rhyme or reason to it.
    Same i think the Speedmaster just looks so classy on so many straps.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Same i think the Speedmaster just looks so classy on so many straps.
    Totally agree. Not sure why I like them so much on straps, just looks better in my opinion.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Speedmasters were always 42mm? Unless u wanted the reduced.
    Indeed this was the first of what I'm sure will be many numbnut comments in 2017

I was thinking of the bezel diameter

Craftsman
    Looks a lot better with the metal bracelet, in my opinion.

Update on this:

I've had second email from Omega confirming the reservation and that someone will be in contact in the following weeks

Just had the same e-mail, looks like things are moving forward.

Do you think they would let you have it delivered to and collected from an AD like Goldsmiths or are people likely to have to make their way to the nearest Boutique, which would be a complete PITA for most people.

I think Manchester is my nearest Boutique (Trafford Centre), but would rather collect from Goldsmiths Liverpool.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Update on this:

I've had second email from Omega confirming the reservation and that someone will be in contact in the following weeks
    Me too. Phoning to arrange a better place to collect the watch rather than an AD 500 miles away... 🤔

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Do you think they would let you have it delivered to and collected from an AD like Goldsmiths or are people likely to have to make our way to the nearest Boutique, which would be a complete PITA for most people.

I think Manchester is my nearest Boutique (Trafford Centre), but would rather collect from Goldsmiths Liverpool.
    I hope so, my closest one is in Glasgow which is 145 miles away! Although the Goldsmiths in Aberdeen isn't an omega (or rolex) AD, but we have 2 good independent AD's for Omega.

I haven't had anything yet :(

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Do you think they would let you have it delivered to and collected from an AD like Goldsmiths or are people likely to have to make their way to the nearest Boutique, which would be a complete PITA for most people.

They say on the website in the T&Cs,

You will be required to fill in the form with your first name, surname, title, address, city, zip code, country of residence, email address, and telephone number. In addition, you will have to choose one of the listed Omega boutiques where you wish to pay and collect the Watch. Should none of Our boutiques be reachable for you, please choose “Other boutique” and We will contact you to arrange for the payment and collection with one of our authorized distribution partners or, if not available, for direct shipment by mail.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Nice I like the direction Omega is heading!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Thanks Sean,

I did read that at the time, but it was all a bit of a frenzy so I just clicked other. I will probably opt for the mail order option - send straight to Watchfinder

Master
    So after numerous attempts, rather than telling me that it's oversubscribed and to try again later, it looks like I'm on the waiting list.

Does that mean I get chance to purchase if somebody drops out?

E-mail message received:

Dear Mr. **** *******

Thank you for subscribing to our waiting list. We will let you know immediately if a Limited Edition Speedmaster "Speedy Tuesday" becomes available for purchase.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I wish they'd stop churning out limited editions endlessly. In my view, unless you can afford a very early vintage, the basic hesalite model can't be beaten.
    100% agree. Just riding the wave but it's well over the crest by now. Getting boring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    100% agree. Just riding the wave but it's well over the crest by now. Getting boring.
    If it's over the crest, that's surely when it begins to become exciting. "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations."

Craftsman
    If it's over the crest, that's surely when it begins to become exciting. "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations."
    Your welcome to your opinion but for me the swell is now in the shallows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Popped into the Bond St boutique today; took my name but all sold out sadly.

Anyone wants to give you their spot, please let me know - I rather like it!

You can put your name on the waitlist

Journeyman
    I have also reserved one, I think it is a great looking speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A few more pics on watch insider:

http://www.watch-insider.com/news/om...aken-pictures/

P

Master
    Just lovely. The 'old' Omega logo should never have been dropped. So, when do deliveries start.....'summer' is pretty vague.

Master
    Article is abit misleading because it states all speedmasters have been SOLD. Nothing has been sold yet. I guess as push comes to shove, there will be a few that will drop out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

P
    The '20' on the LH subdial is upside down!

At least inconsistent with RH dial and other numerals. Or is this just a mock-up (or been mentioned before even).

Master
    It look that way because the SpTues faithfully follows the dial design on a late 70s Omega Speedmaster prototype, one of the various so called 'Alaska' prototypes, no 3 in this case. It isn't a mistake, the original looked like that too but I agree it is a little odd.

See the second picture here:

http://www.fratellowatches.com/speed...laska-project/
    Last edited by Padders; 13th January 2017 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    The '20' on the LH subdial is upside down!

At least inconsistent with RH dial and other numerals. Or is this just a mock-up (or been mentioned before even).
    It's been mentioned already. All three subdials have oddness in that department. It's copied from the mid 70s Alaska Project III dial. I asked Fratello Watches. They said they have no idea why it's like that, but that original drawings made for the A P III have the subdials like that.

Thanks, missed previous mentions.

Looks amazing, nice to see new pics. God only knows if I'll be able to afford to keep my reservation but I pray that I can, I love this one.

Master
    Any Omega fans also the types that used to moan about the Seiko Marinemaster having brushed hands being a bit 'cheap'?
    Last edited by redsox78; 14th January 2017 at 00:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's copied from the mid 70s Alaska Project III dial..
    But with a slightly different font size...so 'inspired' might be the correct term (wouldn't this sort of thing matter to a speedy geek?).

The word "copied" was mine and I'm not a Speedy Anything. The point about the alignment of the oh forget it time to sleep

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The point about the alignment of the oh forget it time to sleep
    Chill! Apart from this making me smile, I wasn't talking about 'you' it's just my thing about watch companys marketing something at an appeal to something in the past...but fiddling with it.
    Sorry if you thought I was having a go they're only watches afterall. :)

Journeyman
    The new pics look great. I'm looking forward to that phone call!
    Do you think they will offer a metal strap? Not overly bothered as it looks good on those straps. I just think it would be nice to have a full set.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Benco View Post
    The new pics look great. I'm looking forward to that phone call!
    Do you think they will offer a metal strap? Not overly bothered as it looks good on those straps. I just think it would be nice to have a full set.

Unlikely. They haven't bothered on any of the other recent LEs.

Has anyone received the same email as below?

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Update on this:

Craftsman

(Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Quote Originally Posted by henryviii View Post
    Yep, think I got that email on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Master
    I haven't received anything further since the original confirmation that I had one reserved. Are they contacting those that have chosen to collect from somewhere other than an Omega boutique/have it delivered?

No. I was under the impression that those being contacted now are the ones who selected 'Other' from the list of Omega Boutiques?

Steve