closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Whats with all the bashing? I for one like limited editions. Yes I agree Omega may have gone abit over board with so many but the speed master is such a common watch, it doesn't harm to have a few different ones that feel more special. This one i think they pretty much ticked all the boxes. Even the packaging, i hate the current huge black box which is such a space occupier but you can't throw it away. Now we get a leather roll which is actually useful and compact for once. The panda reverse dial is superb and no-one said anything with the Snoopy lume but this one seems to hit a nerve for some people. Pricing, is consistent with the CK2998 which had even less things, and for me was not as interesting.
    I agree. This looks a lovely package and size (which is where the CK2998 faltered in my opinion). My first Omega keeper - famous last words!

Pretty sure lots of people will fail to follow through with the order so don't surprised to see lots more available in the summer

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Pretty sure lots of people will fail to follow through with the order so don't surprised to see lots more available in the summer
    Yeah i bet a lot of "dealers" globally just registered to secure a few too. Besides we have yet to see what SIHH or Basel will bring.

Can someone explain why there's a lack of consistency in the flipping off the numerals on the subdials? On the hour counter 4 to 8 are flipped as expected, but on the minutes only the 15 is flipped and on the running seconds it's very weird: the 20 is flipped but not the 40. Is this copied from the Alaska Project III? And what was the logic for it?

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    VAT is included in the price.
    the small print: Unless indicated in your local currency (incl. local VAT), the price of the Watch shown on this website is indicated in Swiss Francs (CHF) including VAT (8%) and on the day you pay the Watch, the Swiss VAT will be replaced with your local VAT rate and the price will be converted into the applicable local currency, based on Reuters’ closing exchange rate of the previous day.

Master
    Whats with all the bashing? I for one like limited editions. Yes I agree Omega may have gone abit over board with so many but the speed master is such a common watch, it doesn't harm to have a few different ones that feel more special. This one i think they pretty much ticked all the boxes. Even the packaging, i hate the current huge black box which is such a space occupier but you can't throw it away. Now we get a leather roll which is actually useful and compact for once. The panda reverse dial is superb and no-one said anything with the Snoopy lume but this one seems to hit a nerve for some people. Pricing, is consistent with the CK2998 which had even less things, and for me was not as interesting.
    In spite of the tongue in cheek comments I'm actually over knocking Omega on the frequency of their speedy limited editions. The watch lends itself well to different versions and everyone likes the historical variations so why not? There's no need to have have an insane number in the permanent collection so this system works well for them, particularly now they've added the online reservation system, and this particular one clearly has a lot of appeal. Even the 007 special editions are getting more tasteful these days... Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Blimey - people critique Tag for its strange limited editions but this one amounts to "that time people online talked about owning a Speedy".
    The watch looks nice enough but I have to agree with this.

In another 15-20 years is anyone really going to be paying a premium to get hold of one of these? I doubt the concept of hashtags will even mean anything any more. I mean, would anyone pay extra right now for a LE 'Pog Speedmaster' or a 'GeoCities Edition'? Nope.

Just buy a normal Speedy, it's always been a perfectly good watch without all the added marketing BS.

Rich.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie_101 View Post

In another 15-20 years is anyone really going to be paying a premium to get hold of one of these? I doubt the concept of hashtags will even mean anything any more. I mean, would anyone pay extra right now for a LE 'Pog Speedmaster' or a 'GeoCities Edition'? Nope.

Just buy a normal Speedy, it's always been a perfectly good watch without all the added marketing BS.

Rich.
    Dunno the Snoopy seems to be doing quite well and the CK2998 while prices have dropped seem to be holding up quite well too.

Master

Rich.
    In my eyes it's not the #Speedytuesaday that is the important bit.
    The watch is actually quite different to the normal speedy. The dial is of course the highlight and not really available on any other speedy up to date. Add the applied vintage logo and you have a winner! the case is also fully brushed with the crown also sporting the vintage omega emblem.. to my eyes it is very different to the existing Pro and if it remains as 2012 pieces then it would probably be highly sought after in the years to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I reserved one because I liked it, and wanted to own one, alongside my normal Speedie. I did not order it to speculate , and I could not care less what they sell for in the long term.
    It is, to my eyes, just a lovey watch. That's it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I reserved one because I liked it, and wanted to own one, alongside my normal Speedie. I did not order it to speculate , and I could not care less what they sell for in the long term.
    It is, to my eyes, just a lovey watch. That's it.
    Same. If you wanna make money buy shares, gold etc. I just think this watch looks awesome. I never had a speedy but this will be do as my first one! Cant wait!!

Craftsman
    I have ordered one as I really like the look of it, not to speculate. Had a chance to pick up a CK2998 at list from my AD but passed as it doesn't do it for me.
    Who knows what will happen with prices, the market will decide, but I'd hope it would hold its value esp given there are only 2012 cf 2998 of the recent CK2998 LE which appears to be holding its value.
    It will be interesting to see how omega deal with "unconfirmed orders" I get the impression many in the US have missed out on opportunity to reserve one of these and suspect that when omega release the watches back on the website it may be limited to markets where relatively few were reserved.

No doubt these will be £10k on Watchfinder soon after release.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    You would like to think that if it was someone on here, they would give someone else the chance to own it before turning the chance down. There will be a mix of people who have totally missed the events of today and others who find out about the watch much later that would be willing to fill the shoes of those wanting to drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Can someone explain why there's a lack of consistency in the flipping off the numerals on the subdials? On the hour counter 4 to 8 are flipped as expected, but on the minutes only the 15 is flipped and on the running seconds it's very weird: the 20 is flipped but not the 40. Is this copied from the Alaska Project III? And what was the logic for it?

Agree, totally bonkers. Especially the dial on the right. No consistency. Good job I wouldn't see the numbers without glasses. Has my OCD in a terminal dive!

I look forward to stories in six months time of Omega Boutiques only supplying them with stickers removed.... By July this thread will be hundreds of pages long....

Master
    Snoopy lume looks great :)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Damn your eyes man, now I'm affixed with this irregularity, very odd.

Craftsman
    Wonder who will contact me to arrange.

I chose UK then instead of choosing London I chose "other" and it says I will be contacted by an omega salesperson this summer

Master
    Blog Entries
    THay have knicked the packaging from Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Damn your eyes man, now I'm affixed with this irregularity, very odd.
    After googling I now know that they're copied exactly from the Alaska Project III, but I couldn't find an explanation for it anywhere, sorry.

Master
    The numerals are odd, well spotted that man.
    I emailed Omega the other day and they responded pretty quickly so maybe ask them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    THay have knicked the packaging from Bremont.
    TBF the Bremont one isn't a roll per se.

I really don't like the modern style minute track with the minutes divided into three. It's such a trivial thing, but whenever I see the FOIS in particular, it does something funny to my eyes, like they can't quite focus on it and they go a bit cross eyed trying to fix on them.

I think they missed a trick not extending the lume to the bezel insert like they did on the Snoopy - that was a great touch.

Love the old style applied logo.

TBH I think the CK2998 is better value with it's lumed ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal.

Master
    Gutted I missed this......anyone having second thoughts !!!

Master
    How long before people put deposits down and then start selling their slots for a premium?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I really don't like the modern style minute track with the minutes divided into three. It's such a trivial thing, but whenever I see the FOIS in particular, it does something funny to my eyes, like they can't quite focus on it and they go a bit cross eyed trying to fix on them.
    This isn't done solely for aesthetic purposes, it's so you can get a more accurate read on the sweep second hand when you're using the chronograph. As the 1861 movement has a beat rate of 21,600 bph ie. 6 'ticks' per second, the sweep second hand will always stop either on or between a mark on the minute track of the latest dial.

On older chronos with a Valjoux 72 for instance which run at 18,000 bph (5 ticks per second), the dials have 4 marks between the seconds so the chrono always lands on one of them.

If you want to be really picky about it, you can argue that the traditional Speedy dial has been inaccurate ever since the movement was changed to the 1861 as it has always had 4 marks between the second markers, yet it performs 6 ticks per second. (The original dial layout is of course a throwback to the original 321 powered Speedy which had a beat rate of 18,000 bph - 5 ticks per second).

It's pretty much a moot point as you can't tell the difference between 5 and 6 ticks per second with the naked eye anyway.

Ok, I'm sure I've bored everyone enough now.... as you were.

Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    Clearly early days, but I would suggest nearer the time a few will appear on here for sale and given our opposition to profiteering, I think prices will be competitive.

During 2016 we had Snoopy, with those lucky enough to buy at RRP selling for double their money (if they chose to - and some did) and the CK2998 which people on here have struggled to move on at RRP.

Where does the Tuesday sit - who knows, but Der Amf with his observations on the upside down numbers has probably put a few off. If that was a Daytona with upside down numbers the prices would be crazy.

VC's recent chrono got the number ticks wrong on the review pieces but corrected it before it went into general production. I think the Daytona still has 1/5s marked, despite moving 8 times a second?

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    I'm guessing there will be a good amount that reserved but might not confirm the email by tomorrow meaning they'll be available once more. As much as I love this one I don't see it being another Snoopy.

I have one reserved for now, will decide nearer the time if I can justify it(and have the finances to be able to afford it), I'm sure I'm not alone so come the time of laying down a deposit I suspect a load more will be up for grabs again.

Master
    This isn't done solely for aesthetic purposes, it's so you can get a more accurate read on the sweep second hand when you're using the chronograph. As the 1861 movement has a beat rate of 21,600 bph ie. 6 'ticks' per second, the sweep second hand will always stop either on or between a mark on the minute track of the latest dial.

On older chronos with a Valjoux 72 for instance which run at 18,000 bph (5 ticks per second), the dials have 4 marks between the seconds so the chrono always lands on one of them.

If you want to be really picky about it, you can argue that the traditional Speedy dial has been inaccurate ever since the movement was changed to the 1861 as it has always had 4 marks between the second markers, yet it performs 6 ticks per second. (The original dial layout is of course a throwback to the original 321 powered Speedy which had a beat rate of 18,000 bph - 5 ticks per second).

It's pretty much a moot point as you can't tell the difference between 5 and 6 ticks per second with the naked eye anyway.

Ok, I'm sure I've bored everyone enough now.... as you were.

Rich.
    Is a very good point and is also why i guess the 28800 daytona is not the correct markings too? U need either a 18000 or 36000

Master
    I thought it looked lovely until I saw the size at 42mm. The case at this size, for me, doesn't work

Master
    It's too expensive for me, but I like it a lot. The subdial numbers would probably bug me in the end though so I won't lose sleep over it.

(Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Well as they have all be allocated here's hoping some come back onto the system!

If anyone changes their mind and wishes to give up their place on the allocation please let me know by PM as I will be happy to take your place
    Last edited by paw3001; 11th January 2017 at 13:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You would like to think that if it was someone on here, they would give someone else the chance to own it before turning the chance down. There will be a mix of people who have totally missed the events of today and others who find out about the watch much later that would be willing to fill the shoes of those wanting to drop out.
    I just logged into TZ - been a busy day today and totally missed this - all allocated "please try later message" - if ay TZ-er drops out please pm me and we could come to some arrangement as I'min the market for a Speedy Pro - and I really like the look of this variant.

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I thought it looked lovely until I saw the size at 42mm. The case at this size, for me, doesn't work
    Speedmasters were always 42mm? Unless u wanted the reduced.

Master
    5k for a Speedy head?! What is the world coming to.

Banned
    Nicest speedmaster yet , panda dial is the business 😜

- - - Updated - - -

Nicest speedmaster yet , panda dial is the business 😜

Journeyman
    Nice! Well done Omega.

Master
    As others have said, any change of direction by those who have made the allocation please PM me.

Any photos of the LE Wednesday yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    5k for a Speedy head?! What is the world coming to.
    That's some savage rounding up!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    That's some savage rounding up!
    hahaha yeah, its more like £4K for very nice manual wind chronograph with a nice watch roll and different details. I think its bang on the money!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    As far as I know it's the standard asymmetric Pro case and 42mm is measured across where the pushers are. In reality the bezel diameter is 40mm

Whats the current retail price of the speedmaster bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by swatch View Post
    I reckon £500+ from AD.

This ltd. edition is very steep in price compared to the standard 005 Speedy hesalite.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swatch View Post
    I ordered a Speedmaster Racing Bracelet from an AD about a week ago and that cost £510. I assume the Speedmaster Pro bracelet will be similar, maybe slightly more.
    Last edited by Binsull; 11th January 2017 at 12:55.

Would a standard bracelet look ok with the brushed case of this one?