closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That was probably Ken playing a joke on you:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Come on lawnmowerman, spill the beans, have you taken delivery or did you have access to one of the prototypes at some event.
    I popped into the Omega Boutique on Bond Street during my lunchbreak just to ask if there was any update on delivery times and they said the first five of their allocation were being delivered today...

They are all "low numbers" and it just so happened that my number was...

Not one of them!

They did have one of the prototypes in today and let me try that on so I'm afraid I'll be waiting a bit longer for mine!

Initial impressions are that the dial looks great (especially the subdials) but the NATO strap makes the watch sit way too high off the wrist and I am one of those who is not sure about the Newcastle United / Juve colour scheme too. They didn't have the leather strap that comes with it to do a comparison but I'm not convinced by that in the photos either.

Sorry to disappoint those who thought I was one of those lucky enough to take delivery today but hopefully one of the five are members on here (they mentioned number 11 and number 69 in those they were expecting in so we shall see...!)

All the best,

Paul

A guy on the OF got his today and has posted pictures of the package and contents etc.

This appears genuine and not another prototype.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omeg...51317/page-102

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omeg...51317/page-103

So it does come with a box! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    So it does come with a box! :)
    Worth £10k then.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Worth £10k then.
    Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Two on SC in a day, but no one has the watch yet

Craftsman
    Two on SC in a day, but no one has the watch yet
    Crazy

I'm patiently waiting for the email to say mine has been produced. Away on holiday for a fortnight now so hopefully that will take my mind off it.

Some definite "toe in the water" sales posts on SC today to see what the reaction to flipping will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my advert drafted, all I want is a white Daytona and £6k cash my way.

Craftsman
    That all ally?

I'm after a DSSD D Blue, a steel Daytona and a grab bag of monster munch then you can have my speedytuesday

Actually 6k on top of that my way seen as it's a number under 50

Given the speculation on prices I can see a few of these hitting the market for the instant profit,

Using it to trade up before it crashes is probably the smart move.

On a serious note, I'd trade mine at RRP for a Daytona at RRP :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Given the speculation on prices I can see a few of these hitting the market for the instant profit,
    No doubting that. My guess is they will go for 8.5 plus on watchfinder

Is it me or does there seem to be a lot of people wanting to trade this? Surely it won't be worth that much if you all try to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    No doubting that. My guess is they will go for 8.5 plus on watchfinder

I must admit my CK2998 went straight out the door, but as I got 10% from the AD and was one of the first when dealers were paying a premium but that was luck and purely a snap purchase after missing out on a Snoopy and the CK just wasn't special.

There's a tidy profit sitting in my Daytona and SDc but they are going no where and that's the plan with the ST

Using it to trade up before it crashes is probably the smart move.

On a serious note, I'd trade mine at RRP for a Daytona at RRP :)
    That is a good shout, I would do similar. Either trade against a Daytona or a SD43. If both are at RRP then just the cash difference on top.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    I must admit my CK2998 went straight out the door, but as I got 10% from the AD and was one of the first when dealers were paying a premium but that was luck and purely a snap purchase after missing out on a Snoopy and the CK just wasn't special.

There's a tidy profit sitting in my Daytona and SDc but they are going no where and that's the plan with the ST
    I think In 10 years time you will be glad you held in to three watches as marvellous as those!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Make sure the stickers are on though - otherwise deals off

I will be surprised if the premiums hold up in the long run. They will always command above RRP but not what people are asking for now.
    On a separate note, some breaking news
    Omega is coming out with a special edition of a James Bond SMPc (not tied to any movie) with a white face and a red/blue LM insert. Nobody has pics yet (not even Omega boutiques) but it sounds intriguing and I am sure is going to be huge hit.

I will be surprised if the premiums hold up in the long run. They will always command above RRP but not what people are asking for now.
    Omega is coming out with a special edition of a James Bond SMPc (not tied to any movie) with a white face and a red/blue LM insert. Nobody has pics yet (not even Omega boutiques) but it sounds intriguing and I am sure is going to be huge hit.
    Now that does sound good, look forward to seeing it!

I have heard about this. It's all very hush hush and not being tied to a movie is odd. What is the betting it will be their next online only offering?

Master
    My God, the next Omega to make grown men wet their little panties - a "James Bond" watch... ooh, will it make me a spy, will it make me dangerous? No it will make you spend £6k on a nonsense watch based around a macho fictional character and will leave you even more empty than you were before.

Sorry, am obviously getting irritated by Omega as every one of these just dilutes the originals. On this point, I agree with Rolex (and on not much else).

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I have heard about this. It's all very hush hush and not being tied to a movie is odd. What is the betting it will be their next online only offering?
    I don't think it is an online offering.
    Boutiques already know about it.
    With Speedy Tuesday, everyone was in the dark.
    Omega has pissed off a lot of people with the way they went about with Speedy Tuesday.

I don't think it is an online offering.
    Boutiques already know about it.
    With Speedy Tuesday, everyone was in the dark.
    Omega has pissed off a lot of people with the way they went about with Speedy Tuesday.
    Maybe because boutiques couldn't offer it to their most valued customers. Like it or lump it, this method has likely reached more fans (until fans decide to flip it....)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Maybe because boutiques couldn't offer it to their most valued customers. Like it or lump it, this method has likely reached more fans (until fans decide to flip it....)
    That is the thing.
    So many are going to be flipped for a profit.
    I don't blame people who flip because they just made good use of an opportunity but the way it was rolled out- they were all booked by the time people in the civilized world got up in the morning:-)

That is the thing.
    I don't blame people who flip because they just made good use of an opportunity but the way it was rolled out- they were all booked by the time people in the civilized world got up in the morning:-)
    But isn't it refreshing that the same old faces weren't at the front of the queue. Every time a Daytona or SD comes out the same people on here always seem to be the first to get one on day 1 and the rest of us go on a 7 to 10 year waiting list. If this bucks the trend - then good.

That is the thing.
    hehe, the timezone is a good point, though maybe with the fratello Dutch connection they wanted to reach the European market?

I'm kicking myself, I saw it with plenty of time to buy it and didn't because I wasn't sure about the style. Flipping part of the equation never registered with me. Such naivety!

But isn't it refreshing that the same old faces weren't at the front of the queue. Every time a Daytona or SD comes out the same people on here always seem to be the first to get one on day 1 and the rest of us go on a 7 to 10 year waiting list. If this bucks the trend - then good.
    Absolutely true. In a way I like the way Omega levelled the playing field.
    Two things they can do in future to be fair to people around the world AND discourage the chancers
    Withold papers/boxes/leather rolls for a YEAR
    And
    Reserve half for Europe and Asia and half for North America
    Last edited by RAJEN; 24th June 2017 at 19:21.

I can only see flipping working through a dealer like Watchfinder. No one on here who owns a Daytona, a SD43 or a Snoopy etc is going to be interested in parting with it against a ST.

Now if Watchfinder have a Daytona listed for £15k and offer you £7k trade for the ST then you need to add £8k cash to get the Daytona. But you haven't paid £15k, in reality you have paid £12.1k which is nearly acceptable. That could work as a route to take.

Absolutely true. In a way I like the way Omega levelled the playing field.
    Two things they can do in future to be fair to people around the world AND discourage the chancers
    Withold papers/boxes/leather rolls for a YEAR
    And
    Reserve half for Europe and Asia and half for North America
    Withholding paperwork, warranty cards is a Rolex trait I definitely hope Omega do NOT adopt. It is both irritating and sad!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Jan Broer has reported that Omega are very happy with the ST rollout distribution and were specifically not as pleased about the way the way Snoopy distribution played out in comparison.
    Time will tell but I assume from this that the short lead time between announcement and reservation made abuse a lot harder. Sure they'll be some flipped and maybe even a few who made multiple purchases but I'd wager that more got into collectors hands immediately rather than those people having to pay a premium after launch to get one.

Master
    It has been discussed on OF for the past couple of days since a dizzy bint who works for Omega US tried to astroturf a story about it. They have some renders on there from the dealer system and they use a White Ensign/RN influenced scheme with a hideous red 007 second hand. The hand ruins it and it looks sh1t to be honest, like all the really tacky earlier Bond specials, spiral bullet rotor and all.
    Last edited by Padders; 24th June 2017 at 23:23.

Just ordered my snoopy strap and buckle form my local AD

They still don't have any news on when the watch will arrive though :/

I thought when that Matt bloke got his, a load would follow - but not a sniff.

Why release just one watch?

Yeah!, seems to have gone very quiet.

Im sure it won't be long, but I have a feeling I will be one of the last.

Every time my phone buzzes I'm hoping it's the email to go collect! Imagine it'll be a while yet, I assume the bulk are yet to be built.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Matt (the first guy to get one) was offered £4.7k for it the other day, I am assuming by WF.

Matt (the first guy to get one) was offered £4.7k for it the other day, I am assuming by WF.
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I suspect they will be spoilt for choice initially. Prices will steadily rise on this one.

lol

Gotta love WF.

Gotta love WF.
    Could be good news for Ryan's buyer - someone might be getting a good deal

Looks like I'm in for the long haul

I think yours is in the same batch as mine, they asked me if I would like seasonal Christmas wrapping on my box.

I rang my Boutique to check progress

"I think we are getting them at end of month"

tantalising wait and as others have said not sure if arriving in sequence ??

hey ho can't wait

think i will love it

I imagine that's a generic response.

Robert Jan just posted these pictures of his

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks classy and I'm growing to the idea of the brown leather.

Master
    Said this before but the strap looks more like pvc than a nice vintage leather to me. Given they're asking £4100 for what is essentially a £3k Speedy it'll be disappointing if it's distinctly inferior to a decent hand made vintage strap that would have cost them just a few pounds more.

I smiled at ^^^ asking for an ETA 😀

Have to agree re the strap. Average at best.

Master
    Definitely needs a Snoopy fabric strap IMO.

Craftsman
    I missed out on this by minutes! Look forward to seeing all the pics though :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk