closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Hasn't Ryan had one yet, he's normally the first kid on the block to get a sniff of anything.

I could do with being in the third tranch after recent activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Hasn't Ryan had one yet, he's normally the first kid on the block to get a sniff of anything.

I could do with being in the third tranch after recent activity.
    You do get 30 days from the email to buy it so that might help

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    You do get 30 days from the email to buy it so that might help

I sold a load of watches to raise the funds, got accused of being a dealer in the process and gave it all to Mike Wood last Friday, so back to square one. I am working on a cunning plan...

I sold a load of watches to raise the funds, got accused of being a dealer in the process and gave it all to Mike Wood last Friday, so back to square one. I am working on a cunning plan...
    If there is one thing the obsessive watch collector always has/needs it is a good plan!

Code name Baldric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Code name Baldric

When they ring me up and ask for the money, it's underpants on the head, two pencils up the nostrils and say wibble.

Craftsman
    I presume if people do not proceed then they will be offered out to others on the waiting list?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    I presume if people do not proceed then they will be offered out to others on the waiting list?

Possibly. Either that or an unscrupulous dealer sells it out the back door to either his mates or favoured customers.
    Last edited by Padders; 14th June 2017 at 10:02.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Possibly. Either that or an unscrupulous dealer sells it out the back door to either his mates or favours customers.
    Ah yes. Any whiff of a profit and people get greedy....

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Possibly. Either that or an unscrupulous dealer sells it out the back door to either his mates or favours customers.
    I have spoken to at least three dealers who have confirmed that they have one reserved, but two did say that they would not list them on their own sites given that Omega know exactly who the watch was sold to. In addition, Watchfinder do have a habit of putting the limited edition number on their listings, so anyone in it for a quick buck runs the risk of being black balled by Omega if they get caught.

Not as easy as it has been with the other hot watches, buy at your local AD and hot foot around to WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan95 View Post
    Got my email from the Omega Boutique. Subsequently enquired about 0% instalments!
    Interested in the reply, as it's my understanding that the boutiques don't do finance.

Also when I asked at an OB when they were due in, I got the distinct impression that there is nothing in it for them and they are just acting as a collection point.

I had even thought of changing my pick up to a local non Boutique AD if it had meant they received their margin - but this seems not to be the case.

Somebody over on the Omega forums has been contacted directly and given a collection date as week commencing 26th June at the latest. They're collecting from bond street London and apparently a double digit number.

And so it begins.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    Ah yes. Any whiff of a profit and people get greedy....

I genuinely ordered this watch as a keeper, maybe naively, not realising the potential re-sale for LE Omegas. Previous talk on here of people being offered 8K has, I have to admit, got me thinking.

I didn't order it to flip it, but with those numbers I am seriously considering cashing in and getting the Original Moonwatch which I what I always wanted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Somebody over on the Omega forums has been contacted directly and given a collection date as week commencing 26th June at the latest. They're collecting from bond street London and apparently a double digit number.

And so it begins.
    I've a <50 double digit to be posted out but nothing yet :(.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The hurt in charge of the rollout at Omega has just posted on Facebook. First small batch of watches will leave the factory this week and he will email the recipients to let them know

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    The hurt in charge of the rollout at Omega has just posted on Facebook. First small batch of watches will leave the factory this week and he will email the recipients to let them know
    "hurt"?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    "hurt"?
    Autocorrect typo

Craftsman
    Exciting stuff. I'm number 30 something!

There is a post on the OF that some ADs have been contacting people to collect next week.

Don't shoot me, only the messenger...

There is a post on the OF that some ADs have been contacting people to collect next week.

Don't shoot me, only the messenger...
    Checks email, see's an email titled OMEGA then realises it's just a reply on a subscribed thread from Omega Forums

Craftsman
    Same here tetlee

We should start a book on what the second hand market price will go for. Winner get nothing but kudos....

I'll go 6k

People already trying to sell them on the FB group.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    People already trying to sell them on the FB group.
    There is talk on the OF of people advertising reservations, i.e. you can buy my place in the queue and then if the watch turns up you have to pay again. Complete madness, who would part with money for that.

Too many people buying this with the intention of selling, so the market will inevitability be flooded with enthusiastic profit takers driving the price down or at best keeping it level. Doesn't bother me as i'm keeping it but if you are in this to make money, you will need to be quick and certainly one of the first to get hold of one. I can see dozens of these on eBay and various forums in the near future.

Too many people buying this with the intention of selling, so the market will inevitability be flooded with enthusiastic profit takers driving the price down or at best keeping it level. Doesn't bother me as i'm keeping it but if you are in this to make money, you will need to be quick and certainly one of the first to get hold of one. I can see dozens of these on eBay and various forums in the near future.
    Yep totally agree. I'll be holding on to mine

Master
    Post #511, above

There are allegedly 7,000 people on the reserve lists according to the OF. That sounds like a lot of interest.

There are allegedly 7,000 people on the reserve lists according to the OF. That sounds like a lot of interest.
    I have heard it is 4000 which is impressive if true but I really am struggling to see too many of these going for silly numbers. The difference being (compared to other limited editions) that a very high proportion of buyers are buying purely to speculate and sell so there will be an uncharacteristically high number available in the early days

As timing would have it, unbelievably I've just had an email from Omega regarding my order :-)

It's starting to get a bit distasteful all this rampant profiteering but then I'm just butthurt cos I didn't get my name down! Hoping that the market floods quite quickly!

Jealous.

I have heard it is 4000 which is impressive if true but I really am struggling to see too many of these going for silly numbers. The difference being (compared to other limited editions) that a very high proportion of buyers are buying purely to speculate and sell so there will be an uncharacteristically high number available in the early days

As timing would have it, unbelievably I've just had an email from Omega regarding my order :-)
    I would disagree with this, if you look through this thread and over on the OF the vast majority of posters seem to be saying it's a keeper. Now if someone starts offering to double their money minds can be easily changed, but I don't see too much evidence of people waiting to offload, sure some will but I think demand will outstrip supply.

I would disagree with this, if you look through this thread and over on the OF the vast majority of posters seem to be saying it's a keeper. Now if someone starts offering to double their money minds can be easily changed, but I don't see too much evidence of people waiting to offload, sure some will but I think demand will outstrip supply.
    With respect, people on here are watch enthusiasts so I would expect them to feel that way (as I do). The majority of these have not gone to people on here though!

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    It's starting to get a bit distasteful all this rampant profiteering but then I'm just butthurt cos I didn't get my name down! Hoping that the market floods quite quickly!

Jealous.
    Agreed, I was offered a SD43 this week for the Watchfinder buy in price of Ł11k. The seller (a member on here) wanted to collect the watch over the weekend and bring it straight to me in order to pocket an instant Ł3k for a few hours driving. Nice work if you can get it.

By the way, I hope you are correct as it will be nice to own a watch that will appreciate in value for once. It might well offset some of my other paper losses :-)

By the way, I hope you are correct as it will be nice to own a watch that will appreciate in value for once. It might well offset some of my other paper losses :-)
    Agreed, those losses

There was an interesting discussion about using your ST as a route to a new Daytona or SD43, basically the premium on your ST offsets some of the premium on the Rolex watches. It becomes more a game of numbers rather than real cash. Interesting.

I'll be wearing mine until such time as I get a Daytona. Unless some mug wants to offer me Ł8k for it...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I'll be wearing mine until such time as I get a Daytona. Unless some mug wants to offer me Ł8k for it...
    That's where I'm at mate

It's a keeper.... but if someone offers me 3-4K above list price for it then if I'm honest I'd be stupid to say no.

Guess they'll be a few available if people are willing to pay!

Just emailed my Omega Boutique to see if they can get me one
    Let's see if they can get me one
    Will also be looking for a free trip:-) .

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Just emailed my Omega Boutique to see if they can get me one
    Let's see if they can get me one
    Will also be looking for a free trip:-) .
    Come on Raj, the fact that you are showing the remotest interest means that it is already in the bag.

Come on Raj, the fact that you are showing the remotest interest means that it is already in the bag.
    I wish

Journeyman
    Looking forward to my email as well, it's a keeper for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen someone post a shot of an email they received on the Facebook group. Omega asked for their social media details. Do we think this may be the catch? I remember the first email confirming reservation included a caveat along the lines of this email doesn't guarantee you a watch. Do you think we may have to agree to become online advertisers for Omega in order to secure one?
    That caught me a bit off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Just seen someone post a shot of an email they received on the Facebook group. Omega asked for their social media details. Do we think this may be the catch? I remember the first email confirming reservation included a caveat along the lines of this email doesn't guarantee you a watch. Do you think we may have to agree to become online advertisers for Omega in order to secure one?
    That caught me a bit off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    What if you don't do social media, I don't at all.

If the whole point of a (hashtag) Speedy Tuesday is to gain traction with those who do (younger consumers?) then maybe they don't care so much? Is this a very clever marketing tool?

This is the screenshot:

Master
    Just traded-in my Speedie;bought another Cellini. not sure if I am preparing to take-up my offer on the Speedy Tuesday . Not as excited as some, although it is a good-looking watch. But there are just too many versions. And no-doubt lots more to come.

"Direct online selling is the “new way of talking to consumers”, says Omega chief executive Raynald Aeschlimann, who adds that he felt “quite sure” about the success of the Speedy Tuesday"

Taken from here:

https://www.ft.com/content/c9ec2522-...b-c88452263daf

If direct online selling is the new way of talking to consumers why not take that one step further and get your consumers, with an element of control (or at least incentive i.e. "post about us and we'll make special watches for you"), to sell online for you?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm excited to see what they trade for on the preowned market. People talking like it's the next snoopy. For me it's a Speedmaster in the style of an autivia.

any news yet?

In a nutshell no. Lots of hot air on the OF, but not one single person saying they have been told to go and collect or anyone who has one yet. Strange debates about people selling reservations, couldn't really get my head around that one though.

If Omega say June/July it'll be just before Xmas.

In a nutshell no. Lots of hot air on the OF, but not one single person saying they have been told to go and collect or anyone who has one yet. Strange debates about people selling reservations, couldn't really get my head around that one though.

If Omega say June/July it'll be just before Xmas.

There's a guy on the FB page that's wearing the watch on a snoopy strap. I thought they have maybe started to land.