closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Master

(Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

Have just seen this - a reverse panda named the Speedy Tuesday. Reservations can be made on the Omega website.

https://www.omegawatches.com/speedytuesday/

Last edited by Binsull; 10th January 2017 at 12:23.

I like that and I'm usually pretty dismissive of the Speedmaster 'special' editions.

This one offers something useful and attractive, rather than ugly and pointless

Nice to see they've avoid the crime of 'vintage lume' too...

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 10th January 2017 at 12:26.

shit that's nice, straight up there with my favourite Speedies I think.

I wish they'd stop churning out limited editions endlessly. In my view, unless you can afford a very early vintage, the basic hesalite model can't be beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I wish they'd stop churning out limited editions endlessly. In my view, unless you can afford a very early vintage, the basic hesalite model can't be beaten.
    I wouldn't disagree, but this is the best one I've seen yet.

M.

Yep, I like that quite a lot.

Master
    Not for me. Far too big a price hike (it's not even on bracelet), and there's just too much been thrown at it. Is it the "#speedytuesday" or is it a tribute to the Alaska Project III - because it's marked as both on the case back and in the blurb, but I'm seeing very little actual Alaska Project influence?

(Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

I too thought that is really nice until I saw the lumed sub dials
    Why oh why? It ruins a lovely looking watch IMHO.

I have reserved one though!
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 10th January 2017 at 13:04.

Craftsman
    Just reserved no. 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 reserved here

Im baffled by the confirmation email that says:

CONGRATULATIONS
    Dear Mr. XY,
    Thank you for reserving your OMEGA Speedmaster "Speedy Tuesday" with the Limited Edition number 0040/2012. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing this unique and collectable timepiece.

YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY AN OMEGA SALESPERSON IN THE SUMMER 2017

We do not guarantee that the assigned or chosen limited edition number or any reserved watch will be available for sale.

wtf?

Master
    It's hard to begrudge them doing special editions when they look like that - the #speedytuesday link is pretty random but hardly the point. The subdial lume is interesting, not quite sure I like it and not particularly useful unless you use the chrono function in the dark a lot, but it wouldn't put me off. I guess it can claim to be pretty much the only chrono you could use in the dark!

2012 pieces, I wonder if that will be the next Snoopy / Daytona trading over RRP? Almost tempting to press the button just in case...
    Last edited by Itsguy; 10th January 2017 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Just reserved no. 31

Well there are 2012 of them and at this price I can see them hanging around for a while! Good to secure a nice low number though

Master
    Have put my reservation in - number 0710.

Will go nicely with my CK2998!

Master
    It is actually £300 cheaper in GBP today than the price in CHF (5400) but how long that continues remains to be seen of course.

Master
    reserved one too i think it's nice!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it, overpriced though.

Master
    I've been thinking of getting a Speedie and like the look of this - reserved also!

Quote Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a Speedie and like the look of this - reserved also!
    My thoughts exactly - reserved one, but whether I can secure it later on is another issue...better start saving now. I really do like the reverse panda dial!

Lume doesn't bother me at all.

that's nice.... getting tempted to reserve.... this bl**** forum !

Craftsman
    Numbers 35,56,63,84 available if anyone looking for a low one

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    that's nice.... getting tempted to reserve.... this bl**** forum !
    now reserved ...like the way you can check number availability ....gone for 996

Master
    I decided to choose the number so: 213 reserved... will have to start selling and saving to pay for this when time comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Not for me. Far too big a price hike (it's not even on bracelet), and there's just too much been thrown at it. Is it the "#speedytuesday" or is it a tribute to the Alaska Project III - because it's marked as both on the case back and in the blurb, but I'm seeing very little actual Alaska Project influence?
    I really like it.
    From a price point of view i don't think it's out of step with any other brand on that level, try checking the prices of LE Navitimers for instance, when you factor in residual values they make the Speedy an absolute steel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    now reserved ...like the way you can check number availability ....gone for 996
    Yeah it is. Thought I'd be smart and get my year of birth. Already reserved 🙁

I must say credit to Omega here. Given the recent history (farce) securing certain limited editions, what a great idea and marketing strategy to let customers reserve online and choose their watch number. Don't think this has been done before by a major player?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
    Yeah it is. Thought I'd be smart and get my year of birth. Already reserved 
    I tried that too but it was gone. Ended up getting the number for the day and month of my birthday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I must say credit to Omega here. Given the recent history (farce) securing certain limited editions, what a great idea and marketing strategy to let customers reserve online and choose their watch number. Don't think this has been done before by a major player?
    The timing of the announcement was also interesting, ie mid morning GMT. I would think this will be popular in the US so the timing would mean most of the US is still sleeping.

Master
    I have also reserved one....a sucker for these watches, even if there are too many editions. This seems a nice one. Thanks for the tip-off. Appreciated.
    Btw. Just got my Gagarin watch.
    Last edited by paskinner; 10th January 2017 at 15:04.

It does look good, but £800 more than the standard speedy and you don't even get a bracelet with it. I don't think the watch world has been crying out for another speedmaster variant.

Master
    I really like it, but hate the lume on the subdials.

I really think when you're paying that much for a watch it should come with a bracelet and strap/NATO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    The timing of the announcement was also interesting, ie mid morning GMT. I would think this will be popular in the US so the timing would mean most of the US is still sleeping.
    They're also conveniently upstaging SIHH with a watch that won't arrive until after Baselworld. It seems selling / reserving online changes the game a little - well played Omega!

I'd like to see a mockup with a bracelet, out of curiosity, and the lack of one does make you think. Plus the fact that you can only wear it on Tuesdays, obviously...

How does the reserving work - do you have to put down a deposit and what about people who reserve now and cannot or will not buy in the summer - which knowing Omega will be November or December.

Is it just like being on a waiting list ?

I think it looks great on the Nato.

Master
    it has white subdials I agree though. I watched a video on the alaska project and it seems to be a bit of a stretch saying this has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    How does the reserving work - do you have to put down a deposit and what about people who reserve now and cannot or will not buy in the summer - which knowing Omega will be November or December.

Is it just like being on a waiting list ?
    You are just adding yourself to a waiting list with no obligation

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Order placed. Hope I like it more then the CK2998!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Its very clever as they can gauge if its worth them producing it or not.

Well that's rekindled my interest in a new watch!

I've reserved the number they randomly assigned #1321 which has a nice calibre-ish ring to it.
    £4K is still a hefty price to pay considering my 3750.50 cost £1.5K.

David

Master
    I'd agree a bracelet ought to be included so maybe start a poll for those who've reserved and send Omega the results? Reservations can be declined on release (if a bracelet hasn't been added as a reward for the early commitment :)).

Master
    You are just adding yourself to a waiting list with no obligation
    Great, but could that backfire? There's an incentive to reserve one (especially good numbers) and no risk, just in case it becomes highly sought after and trades over RRP like the Snoopy. If it doesn't, a lot will suddenly be available again later on, along with those from people who couldn't resist pressing the button but have second thoughts when the bill arrives. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Though in practice it looks like it will sell out comfortably as getting on for 1% seem to have gone to this forum alone on the first morning.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 10th January 2017 at 14:22.

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I really like it, but hate the lume on the subdials.

I really think when you're paying that much for a watch it should come with a bracelet and strap/NATO.
    Agree. Hate the lume

Another overpriced speedy edition

Is that likely to cause any kind of backlash, even if mainly done on watch forums and social media.

Master
    I think it's a lovely looking watch. But £4k+ with no bracelet... Ouch. I just don't think I could justify it

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Great, but could that backfire? There's an incentive to reserve one (especially good numbers) and no risk, just in case it becomes highly sought after and trades over RRP like the Snoopy. If it doesn't, a lot will suddenly be available again later on, along with those from people who couldn't resist pressing the button but have second thoughts when the bill arrives. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Though in practice it looks like it will sell out comfortably as more than 5% seem to have gone to this forum alone on the first morning.
    Possibly, what is the betting on a wait list being created after the allocation is fully reserved?

Master
    Possibly, what is the betting on a wait list being created after the allocation is fully reserved?
    That would make sense. NB Edited my post due to poor maths! But I'm counting about 17 orders from this forum alone so far this morning, that's quite something. This will be a good gauge of the power of internet marketing and forums.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 10th January 2017 at 14:24.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Is that likely to cause any kind of backlash, even if mainly done on watch forums and social media.
    Who knows. But from a purely selfish view point I like the fact it worked in favour of those in Europe than the other way around!

Who knows. But from a purely selfish view point I like the fact it worked in favour of those in Europe than the other way around!
    It does suggest that if great chunks of North America and the entire West Coast have missed out, this could be a good investment opportunity.

It make a nice change! We're normally the last lot to get stuff!

They're all allocated now apparently.

Steve

Well I like the look of it and have reserved one.