closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

For those considering putting a bracelet on, I pinched this image from the OF. I have to say that I am not convinced. I still think the image of the watch on the Snoopy strap is the best configuration so far.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    For those considering putting a bracelet on, I pinched this image from the OF. I have to say that I am not convinced. I still think the image of the watch on the Snoopy strap is the best configuration so far.

Agree, doesn't work for me. The black Omega strap looks peachy in my mind.

I rather like that

Master
    I've read on a few threads on various forum that the fitted leather strap for the Planet Ocean fits the speedy, so I ordered one today and will report back when my ST is delivered!

Last edited by Binsull; 30th June 2017 at 21:39.

Journeyman
    Agree, the watch looks best on the snoopy strap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I could get the curved end straps. My wrists are just an odd shape and they never seem to fit! The PO one does look nice and would definitely dress the ST up a bit.

As I said to Ken earlier, 'the never ending search for a perfect strap...continues'.

Master
    Black Croc will look great with it too
    Old School is the New School

I'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Black Croc will look great with it too
    Old School is the New School

I'll get my coat.
    No need, black croc is good and certainly matches any Speedmaster. I currently have two for my Ed White.

Quote Originally Posted by henryviii View Post
    I wish I could get the curved end straps. My wrists are just an odd shape and they never seem to fit! The PO one does look nice and would definitely dress the ST up a bit.

As I said to Ken earlier, 'the never ending search for a perfect strap...continues'.
    Tom, have you ever tried a Brady Sailcloth. They are rather good and they do them in 20mm. They are incredibly comfortable, but like most straps are flat ended. It is a look that you have to get used to, perhaps bracelets have spoilt us over the years.

Thanks for the tip - not tried one. I actually bought one of Eddie's Nylon two-piece straps with deployant for a tenner and it's great. Wear it on my Great White when I don't want to risk the bracelet getting marked up. It's very casual, but it would fit fine on the ST too.

For the amount I spent on my all brushed GW bracelet, I would hope it bl**dy fits haha

Tom, have you ever tried a Brady Sailcloth. They are rather good and they do them in 20mm. They are incredibly comfortable, but like most straps are flat ended. It is a look that you have to get used to, perhaps bracelets have spoilt us over the years.

The Brady Sail Cloth straps are very nice and comfy too, Todd is good to deal with but I understand his wife has just had an Op so maybe expect a delay in emails

I am ambiguous about this watch.
    I certainly like the looks of it but wonder if it that special as to pay a hefty premium.
    My belief is that if it weren't an LE, it would have been a solid seller just like regualar Speedy and may be something that would add variety given the panda dial.
    Anyway, I doubt high premiums are going to sustain and it will stabilize between CK2998 and the Snoopy.
    FWIW, I think CK is a more distinctive watch looks wise inspite of the fact that it wasn't a huge hit.
    Those who are looking to flip should do it sooner rather than later if they want to turn in a hefty profit.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, "between CK and Snoopy" would put it right where its selling now - there's a BIN eBay auction for £7495 (though he's using stock photos and low rating so it may be why he hasn't sold it) - the standard auctions are sitting at £7400-7600. Selling at that would net just under £7k and rumour is that WF bought one at around £6-6.5k. It could well be that £6.5k is where it'll stabilise at but I feel it'll creep up initially especially once it looks like all have been delivered and those on the wait list who really want one find out they're not going to get one.

Have to say, right now I'm not 100% convinced I'll keep it. It's not on my wrist this morning which normally a new watch would be - I love the watch itself but feel that neither strap choice is my thing so I'll try it on the Snoopy one before I make any decision. Personally I'm not fussed, if I do decide to sell I think it's fairly certain it won't lose money which is all I can really ask.

Master
    Another for sale - $9,000

https://omegaforums.net/threads/bnib...-001-le.60086/

Bit of a strange selling condition though -

"Shipping: Shipping and Insurance using EMS is included in the USA, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Switzerland, Australia. For other locations please send me a PM. Outside of EU sale only."

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post

"Shipping: Shipping and Insurance using EMS is included in the USA, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Switzerland, Australia. For other locations please send me a PM. Outside of EU sale only."
    Guess he doesn't want to see it again once it's gone incase of regrets

Can't see many people keeping these. Not keen on the original strap - the snoopy option does work well though I think.

Very likely that he bought it as a dealer/company and deducted the vat. If he sold in eu he would have to charge vat to the buyer, thus making it more expensive. Selling outside eu ensures that he wont have to charge vat or even if he does, the buyer can request a tax refund upon exporting it and then if manages to evade his customs he secures it at the asking price..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Very likely that he bought it as a dealer/company and deducted the vat. If he sold in eu he would have to charge vat to the buyer, thus making it more expensive. Selling outside eu ensures that he wont have to charge vat or even if he does, the buyer can request a tax refund upon exporting it and then if manages to evade his customs he secures it at the asking price..
    So he's making close to 100% on this flipparoo. That's a smart entrepreneurial phoockeroooonie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    So he's making close to 100% on this flipparoo. That's a smart entrepreneurial phoockeroooonie.
    Personally, I am not really bothered that some here will make some serious cash by flipping their STs. Good luck to them ! Well done for being online at the right time and taking the punt !

It seems as if a few people here either have theirs or are expecting the call from the AD soon. So, I keep logging onto this, and other, threads to see images of the ST and to read about the enjoyment and excitement associated with ownership of this watch. I am though getting fed up of reading about the financial implications and nothing else.

Is anyone here keeping their ST and enjoying wearing it ? Just wondering ?

Was going to sell mine, but I now have a snoopy strap coming with mine as it looks amazing on that strap. So yes I changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Is anyone here keeping their ST and enjoying wearing it ? Just wondering ?
    I'm certainly hoping to, have already ordered an 1171 bracelet and have plans for a Hirsch Alligator aswell(not keen on the looks of the included strap, doesn't seem hardly anybody is). Won't know for sure until I see it though, I'll have to love it to keep it if resale value remains as high as I certainly hadn't factored that in when I ordered it(kind of gives more to consider). I'm hoping I'll love it as much as my old Speedy Soyuz, if not I'll see what the situation is.

It's at about this point I start to regret not putting my name down until it was on the waiting list, especially as I had a number assigned a couple of hours previously. Have to agree it's very strap dependent though, much more so than a standard Speedy.

Journeyman
    I'm going to wait for the Thursday model.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watchfinder pushing it in emails. I bet they have bought up several but will list them one at a time.

Email title "The Omega Speedmaster 'Speedy Tuesday', Available At Watchfinder"

free photo sharing link

Master
    Very strange that, as a fairly frequent customer of WF, I never get such emails.

I've just had it as well. I think you have to sign up to their newsletters on the website then you will receive them.

Master
    I signed up ages ago. Maybe they aren't talking to me 

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Watchfinder pushing it in emails. I bet they have bought up several but will list them one at a time.

Email title "The Omega Speedmaster 'Speedy Tuesday', Available At Watchfinder"

free photo sharing link
    I'm sure I read someone either here or elsewhere commenting they'd been told Watchfinder had 20 confirmed already.

Master
    I wouldn't imagine that would be public knowledge, since that's how these things work. You can imagine the price if all 20 appeared on the site at once assuming that is, they do actually have that many.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure a staff member could let this information out.

Master
    I'm sure a staff member could let this information out.
    Exceptionally indiscreet if it was.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Exceptionally indiscreet if it was.
    I don't mean directly.

Master
    I don't mean directly.
    How else would it get out then?

Watchfinder do actually give you commercial sensitive information when you chat to them. When I was trading my first Snoopy with them they told me that they currently (at that time) have 4 in stock, so it is not unreasonable that if someone was offering them a ST they may have said we have already been offered or got 20 of those - it's possible.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 2nd July 2017 at 19:59.

Watchfinder do actually give you commercial sensitive information when you chat to them. When I was trading my first Snoopy with them they told me that they currently (at that time) have 4 in stock, so it is not unreasonable that if someone was offering them a ST they may have said we have already been offered or got 20 of those - it's possible.
    Why would they not say that? It a classic way of justifying the low price they are going to offer you!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Why would they not say that? It a classic way of justifying the low price they are going to offer you!!
    Or conversely, if they say they only have one in stock, they can justify charging a premium on the basis that's it's a hard to find piece? Perhaps they tell the seller and the buyer the opposite story?

Master
    Blog Entries
    That would be my tactics if I were in their position.

Or conversely, if they say they only have one in stock, they can justify charging a premium on the basis that's it's a hard to find piece? Perhaps they tell the seller and the buyer the opposite story?
    Very plausable

Master
    Blog Entries
    How else would it get out then?
    Indirectly. A staff member mentions it to a punter who posts it online.

Watchfinder will have been offered tonnes of these. People looking to make a quick risk free £2k will sell to watchfinder. Selling on eBay has many issues and looking to get a higher price on a forum could see a seller getting stuck with the watch.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 2nd July 2017 at 20:15.

Master
    Indirectly. A staff member mentions it to a punter who posts it online.
    I would have have thought that was tantamount to gross misconduct on the individuals part, unless of course, it's dis-information...........

Fake news.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would have have thought that was tantamount to gross misconduct on the individuals part, unless of course, it's dis-information...........
    Really. I think I would be very disappointed if I was sacked for something like that. Plus it would be difficult to prove. A guy who works at watchfinder having a pint with is mate says every man and his dog is trying to sell us their ST, we have bought 20 already.

Master
    Maybe WF ought to look to buy all 2012? 😀
    I was searching past sales the other day and saw a lovely Snoopy sold for c£3k in 2013. Makes you think given the ST is more different in my view, in a good way, but minus a cartoon dog of course.

Master
    Really. I think I would be very disappointed if I was sacked for something like that. Plus it would be difficult to prove. A guy who works at watchfinder having a pint with is mate says every man and his dog is trying to sell us their ST, we have bought 20 already.
    That's not quite the same context as dealing with a salesman in a transactional situation and him telling you that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Maybe WF ought to look to buy all 2012? 
    I was searching past sales the other day and saw a lovely Snoopy sold for c£3k in 2013. Makes you think given the ST is more different in my view, in a good way, but minus a cartoon dog of course.
    That's not the right snoopy but I would imagine that version is probably selling at around £7k so still a good investment.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's not quite the same context as dealing with a salesman in a transactional situation and him telling you that.
    Sorry I think we have got mixed up. I always meant in a in formal way, not over the counter. But tbh I don't think it would be gross misconduct if it was a salesman talking to a potential buyer. He would be terrible at his job as it isn't going to convince the buyer that this is a rare sought after watch if he has 20 in the back.

Master
    That's not the right snoopy but I would imagine that version is probably selling at around £7k so still a good investment.
    You're right, I should have been clearer in that I was referencing how prices can rise for what was an unpopular LE compared to a more favorably received LE in the ST.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seaoyster View Post
    I'm going to wait for the Thursday model.

Lol! Very drole

I don't understand this watch at all, to me it's just another 'limited' edition Speedy, which will fall off the radar somewhat when the next one comes along. Sure, prices of the original have gone through the roof but I'd assume it's still possible to find a pre-moon 861 for the £6,600 to £7,500 these are selling for. I also assume people like these modern Speedies because they're watertight and glow, so you can wear one as an everyday watch, but what if you have a few watches and it's not your daily watch, why not go vintage? Are people getting carried away by the hype and potential profits? I don't even find it that attractive, the white in the sub dials make them look too close together in the centre of the dial and it feels like someone's spent five minutes coming up with a colour scheme that hasn't been used before. I'd rather have a Tintin any day of the week.
    "A man of little significance"