closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches you'd like if it weren't for one detail

Hybrid View

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms - love everything about it apart from the date at 4:30 which is a show stopper on any watch for me.

Actually, most of Chris Ward's range if it wasn't for the logo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Actually, most of Chris Ward's range if it wasn't for the logo.
    I agree with this. There's some very attractive watches but both new and old logos are awful.

Grand Master
    I owned a Rolex Datejust 116200 a few years back, lovely watch apart from the roulette datewheel which annoyed the hell out of me. Steel watch, blue dial, why spoil the look with a red date on white background every alternate day?

Any GMT watch doesn`t work for me; having a second hour hand simply clutters the dial.

Paul

I love it, but it has too many lines of text on the dial. Without "chronometer" and "officially certified" it would have been way better.

One zero too many in the pricetag.

No seriously

6-9-12 dials, I prefer them without the 9

Same lume dots on all indices. I want a clear 12 o clock.

Quote Originally Posted by andamanen View Post

I love it, but it has too many lines of text on the dial. Without "chronometer" and "officially certified" it would have been way better.
    I couldn't agree more - also the words 'Rotor self-winding' annoy me. Just say Automatic or pretty much anything else! Which is a shame, because I really like the Pelagos (although still with reservations about the hour hand).

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms - love everything about it apart from the date at 4:30 which is a show stopper on any watch for me.
    I no longer have an issue with date windows at 4:30.....for me (apart from the price), this could be a contender for my sole watch if it were not for the rear of the second hand being soooooo long!

And to be honest, I am glad I can find 'fault', may be some tiny irritating detail, which makes me reject the possibility of a watch buying experience. There are already far too many lovely/perfect watches out there!
    Last edited by Tim63; 10th January 2017 at 11:18.