closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-5

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    I owned a modified PRS-5 as well. It had NOS Precista 6BB 7733 hands substituted and was just a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoCop View Post
    After installing Kemmner's hands my PRS-5 became a favourite of mine:

These RAF-modifications seem to be rather scarce.

Cheers
    Brane

The photograph (of your modified PRS-5?) you've linked in your post won't load up to view so won't be able to see it, but if yours looks like Myron's above, it looks great

A shot for the PRS-5 purists amongst us, the original, unmolested . . .

I have a short waiting list for this, should I ever wish to sell it.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A shot for the PRS-5 purists amongst us, the original, unmolested . . .

I have a short waiting list for this, should I ever wish to sell it.

These look great in "purely" original format too (I think it looks perfect on one of Eddie's TF Open-End Aviators), and perhaps the trimmer hypodermic style hour/minute hands don't interfere with viewing the chronograph registers and running subseconds quite so much

https://timefactors.com/precistaprs5.htm

Magirus, especially as my guess is that you've owned your Precista PRS-5 for years and have possibly had a chance to compare it to other mechanical chronograph movements you might also have had, could you please comment on your own experience with the Seagull ST19?

In fact, anybody here who could comment on their own use of either the Chinese Seagull ST19 Column Wheel Type or the Russian Poljot 3133 Lever Type Mechanical Chronograph Movements as used in the Precista and Broadarrow versions of the PRS-5 respectfully, and also in a number of other watches from diverse makers as well, I for one would certainly like and value knowing of it

Master
    When my Seagull PRS-5 went to Olivier recently to replace a pusher circlip he discovered both the pusher shafts were bent. It still works fine so we decided not to try to straighten them. Maybe a heavy handed previous owner but maybe it's an issue with the degree of force required by the movement vs. the thickness and material of the rods. Just speculating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    When my Seagull PRS-5 went to Olivier recently to replace a pusher circlip he discovered both the pusher shafts were bent. It still works fine so we decided not to try to straighten them. Maybe a heavy handed previous owner but maybe it's an issue with the degree of force required by the movement vs. the thickness and material of the rods. Just speculating.

Thanks for commenting to that. I wonder if the Seagull factory could have initially used roughly handled, or perhaps even roughly manufactured pusher shafts already bent or warped when they put the movement together? Whatever caused the condition you experienced, I wonder how common it is with the ST19?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Thanks for commenting to that. I wonder if the Seagull factory could have initially used roughly handled, or perhaps even roughly manufactured pusher shafts already bent or warped when they put the movement together? Whatever caused the condition you experienced, I wonder how common it is with the ST19?
    The pusher rods (stems?) are case parts not movement parts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    The pusher rods (stems?) are case parts not movement parts.
    Thanks for pointing that out because I had definitely assumed the pusher rods (stems/shafts) themselves were included with this chrono movement.
    Well, at least I knew the buttons weren't!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    These look great in "purely" original format too (I think it looks perfect on one of Eddie's TF Open-End Aviators), and perhaps the trimmer hypodermic style hour/minute hands don't interfere with viewing the chronograph registers and running subseconds quite so much

https://timefactors.com/precistaprs5.htm

Magirus, especially as my guess is that you've owned your Precista PRS-5 for years and have possibly had a chance to compare it to other mechanical chronograph movements you might also have had, could you please comment on your own experience with the Seagull ST19?

In fact, anybody here who could comment on their own use of either the Chinese Seagull ST19 Column Wheel Type or the Russian Poljot 3133 Lever Type Mechanical Chronograph Movements as used in the Precista and Broadarrow versions of the PRS-5 respectfully, and also in a number of other watches from diverse makers as well, I for one would certainly like and value knowing of it

Apart from an issued Seiko chrono some years ago, I've only had/have 2 chronos, the PRS-5 and a Damasko DC56, quite different in style, movement and layout, so not really comparable. My Broadarrow version of the PRS-5 has the Poljot 3133 movement, pictured in the link in your post above, so I can't comment on the ST19 movement. I think the Broadarrow version was discontinued around 2005, so I've had it a while now. What I like about the hands is that along with the fine markers on the minute track the time can be set very precisely, with a little back pressure on the crown to hack the watch. For a bit of interest and fun I once measured the power reserve and it was a little under 68 hours, not all usable of course.

F.T.F.A.