closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Latest SOTC

Latest SOTC

Last time I posted a SOTC was in August, so thought I'd take the time to do another and compare it against my previous post

First up (clock-wise) is an Ancon Tank M26 Bronze, Omega PO 8500, Speedie MK4, Speedie Alaksa Project, Normal Speedie (2016), New Air King, White Dial Milgauss, Submariner, Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue, Tudor Black Bay, Bronze

Next box is my cheaper watches but get worn just as much as the more expensive ones from box 1. First up (clock-wise again) is a Elliot Havok Oxford, CJR Airspeed (Kickstarter), Rebel Classic (Kickstarter), Flying Chinese Tourbillon, Bulova Moonwatch, Hamilton American Classic Rail Road Skeleton & a Hamilton Air Race Auto

I also have a IWC UTC 3251 Fliegeruhr but waiting to receive that back from a jeweller.

This post has made me realise that I'm a bit of a serial flipper... only 6 watches have survived from the original post! There are also a few watches purchased in between these posts that have already been flipped

I'm also planning a bit of a clearout soon (hence the reason for the updated SOTC) as I've gone off Rolex a bit and want to chase down some LE Speedie's.

Steve

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Last time I posted a SOTC was in August, so thought I'd take the time to do another and compare it against my previous post

First up (clock-wise) is an Ancon Tank M26 Bronze, Omega PO 8500, Speedie MK4, Speedie Alaksa Project, Normal Speedie (2016), New Air King, White Dial Milgauss, Submariner, Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue, Tudor Black Bay, Bronze

Next box is my cheaper watches but get worn just as much as the more expensive ones from box 1. First up (clock-wise again) is a Elliot Havok Oxford, CJR Airspeed (Kickstarter), Rebel Classic (Kickstarter), Flying Chinese Tourbillon, Bulova Moonwatch, Hamilton American Classic Rail Road Skeleton & a Hamilton Air Race Auto

I also have a IWC UTC 3251 Fliegeruhr but waiting to receive that back from a jeweller.

This post has made me realise that I'm a bit of a serial flipper... only 6 watches have survived from the original post! There are also a few watches purchased in between these posts that have already been flipped

I'm also planning a bit of a clearout soon (hence the reason for the updated SOTC) as I've gone off Rolex a bit and want to chase down some LE Speedie's.

Steve
    Great collection. One of these collections that if I had I would sell a few (sounds like you have gone off Rolex) and get a patek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That tudor chrono is just lovely :)

Master
    The Ancon looks like a beast of a watch! Nice collection. 👍🏼

Craftsman
    Some dramatic changes there in just a few months! Lovely collection. That Alaska Project is great!

Blog Entries
    Really nice collection Steve. Lots of quality pieces.

Craftsman
    Another great SOTC thread. Lots of variety there and a lot of models I'm not familiar with, I'm still way down on the learning curve. Agree about the Ancon, it does look to be a beast, would love to see it on a wrist shot.

Thanks guys

I don't wear it that much as it is pretty chunky but I love it still!

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    That tudor chrono is just lovely :)
    Probably one of the ones to go as it just doesn't get any wrist time.

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Great collection. One of these collections that if I had I would sell a few (sounds like you have gone off Rolex) and get a patek
    I'm just not a fan of Patek's (yet). I appreciate them as cracking watches but I haven't got to the point yet of wanting one on my wrist. Funnily enough, if I was to sell the bulk of the collection to fund a watch it would be a WG Skydweller... even taking in to account my earlier comments about falling out of love with Rolex's, this would be the one I would go for!

Cracking collection,I hope to be there one day

Craftsman
    Cracking & varied collection! Love the Speedie mk4, Tudor & Bulova.

Lovely collection! I particularly like the chronographs. Always like Speedmasters, but the Tudor is beautiful. Is it vintage?

How's the bronze bay's patina developing?

Master
    That slightly droopy Air-King looks awesome tucked away in the bottom right.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Lovely collection! I particularly like the chronographs. Always like Speedmasters, but the Tudor is beautiful. Is it vintage?
    Nope. It's a current edition one: http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Tudor-He...ch/p/17770431/

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    How's the bronze bay's patina developing?
    Not much yet but it's only a few weeks old. I'm tempted to take it on holiday with me in Feb to see if the saltier climate might help develop it a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    That slightly droopy Air-King looks awesome tucked away in the bottom right.
    It wouldn't behave for the photoshoot and kept shifting!

If that Tudor chrono is ever available I may well be interested.

Thanks
    Al

Master
    what strap is that on the Bulova Moonwatch? I'm looking for something similar for mine

It's this one: http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...20mm-blac.html

Was a bit fiddly to get the metal strap off but worth it.

Steve