timefactors watches

Thread: The Ming Thein Frankie Falcon Bag

The Ming Thein Frankie Falcon Bag

https://robinwong.blogspot.co.uk/201...g-thein-x.html

When he was a TZ UK regular, Ming Thein was the fastest TZ UK speed-poster

dunk
    " but the greatest gift the railways give to us is the proper treatment of time." John Betjeman , BBC Home Service radio broadcast 4 July 1940.

I've been following Ming for quite a while and so have seen the bag project from it's early stages. A lot of thought and input from fellow photographers has gone into the creation and I think it will become a very successful. It's already sold out (quickly) but by become I mean it's reputation will grow and Ming's future offering of a smaller bag will be snapped (pun intended) up.

I know two pro-photographers who've ordered the bag and I look forward to hearing their comments and also seeing one for myself in a short while.

BTW dunk, did you know it's made in the UK?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've been following Ming for quite a while and so have seen the bag project from it's early stages. A lot of thought and input from fellow photographers has gone into the creation and I think it will become a very successful. It's already sold out (quickly) but by become I mean it's reputation will grow and Ming's future offering of a smaller bag will be snapped (pun intended) up.

I know two pro-photographers who've ordered the bag and I look forward to hearing their comments and also seeing one for myself in a short while.

BTW dunk, did you know it's made in the UK?

R

Thanks Ralphy; I was unaware the bag is made in the UK - but given the British manufacturing expertise for e.g. Billingham bags, from a marketing POV, makes sense for it to have a UK pedigree.

Cheers

dunk
    " but the greatest gift the railways give to us is the proper treatment of time." John Betjeman , BBC Home Service radio broadcast 4 July 1940.

Ming designed this with his usage of Hasselblad. I reckon his 'smaller' bag will be plenty big enough for most. I've not chatted to Ming for a few months now, but his philosophy of stripping back to the basics is something that resonates with his readers. And Ming is as demanding as anyone in terms of quality and putting things under stress testing, so it will take a 'special' person to critically fault this....

Grand Master
    A very interesting progression from Ming. The bag looks like a hybrid of Billingham construction and Thinktank ergonomics/practicality, both brands that I own and use regularly. That's not a criticism or anything, after all there's only so much that can be done with camera bag design and construction. I find that style of bag is perfect for town use, body+1 or 2 lenses + bits & pieces, with room for wallet, phone etc. Hope it goes well for him.