closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2017

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    On which subject, as Foxy has already mentioned, Nigel Roebuck (now back at Autosport) and Martin Brundle's pre-season lunch and devil's advocacy session included some interesting comments on Lewis Hamilton's behaviour. Mention was made of the fact that his social media photos, of which there are many, usually show him alone, or in the company of his dogs, when he's not cosying up to someone in the music business, and he's usually found alone with headphones on when participating in the race-morning drivers' parade. Coupled with his antics during the drivers' press conference in Japan last year, it provides an insight to his general demeanour. Many talented sportsmen and women are quiet and withdrawn in private, but Hamilton seems to be quiet and withdrawn in public.
    By Jove.
    The man is a bl@@dy good driver.
    Analyzing the rest is as much a sign of our over the top times as the rules. In those hallowed days of old, drivers had more space.
    Hope Hamilton keeps jumping the boundaries of the small minded; I would say good for him!

Lots of good technical stuff on here:

http://www.motorsport.com/topic/gior...i=23&tii=1&p=2

Piola does the technical illustrations for Autosport.

Edit: I've just noticed the last updates were last year. Perhaps worth keeping an eye on as the 2017 cars are launched.
    "A man of little significance"

Toto Wolff has a hand in managing him, so I'm not sure how that will affect the intra-team dynamic.
    According to the article below Wolff has cut management ties with VB, haven't read this anywhere else though.

Another interesting bit of info - again, something I haven't read anywhere else - is that it's only a 1 year deal, with the option of extending, between Merc and their new signing. Plenty of pressure then for Bottas, which I'm thinking he'll handle, and a get-out clause for Merc with both Alonso and Vettel out of contract for 2018. Merc protoge Wehrlein has signed up with Sauber for 2017 so there's another option.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...-a7529711.html

Everyone rejoice - Bernie has finally left the paddock finally.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...-of-f1-868019/

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Everyone rejoice - Bernie has finally left the paddock finally.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...-of-f1-868019/
    Hmmm - for his faults, Bernie was very good at some stuff.

I can see why the new owners would want younger blood, but uncertain that this may be good short term?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    and just like that Bernie is gone...

To nobody's surprise except his own, it would appear, Bernie Ecclestone, arch deal-maker of Formula 1 has been advised that his presence and influence in Formula 1 is no longer required.

I think that Liberty decided that Bernie is something of a dinosaur, and that they wish to take Formula 1 in a different direction, using social media (which Bernie doesn't really understand) to bring the sport to a new audience, and promoting each race individually.

There is welcome news of a senior role for Ross Brawn, one of the more measured and intelligent inhabitants of the Paddock. And Liberty (or whatever they're about to re-name themselves) also feel that there are too many Grands Prix in despotic dictatorships which have no indigenous car culture at the expense of traditional circuits who have been forced to give up their place on the calendar because they can't afford to keep up with spiralling hosting fees.

So far, so good, it would appear. Although as we know from the world of politics, lots of promises are made by those anxious to curry favour and win power, only to disappear once the objective has been achieved.

Let's wait and see what actually happens.

In a piece yesterday, which reads like it came straight off the desk of a Liberty PR representative, Andrew Benson reported on Chase Carey's initial findings on the current state of F1. (Though Benson gives no attribution for his source.)

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    Carey has been publicly quiet since Liberty bought the first tranche of its shareholding in September, but he has spent the time getting to know what the company that employed him has bought.

His findings were:

• The revenue system is skewed in favour of the already rich and powerful, to the extent that the smallest teams are struggling to survive and money is tight for about half the grid.
    • There is a lack of competition on track.
    • Television audience figures are dropping in many markets - although this is largely because of a switch to pay television, to make more money from TV rights deals.
    • The longest-standing races are struggling to fund themselves and risk dropping off the calendar
    • The decision-making process is not working properly.
    • Some significant business and sporting decisions have been made for solely financial reasons, disregarding other important factors, such as their effects on the sporting side.
    • An acceptance that F1 has lost some of its appeal, particularly a sense of edge and drama and as an extreme driver challenge.

Liberty has decided to change much of that. The question is how.
    I can't see how drawing up that list would have taken much more than ten minutes or so at a TZ-UK GTG. Answering the final question however, somewhat longer.

That all sounds very encouraging for the future of F1. I'm looking forward to this new 'world order'.

Bernie isn't happy by all accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Bernie isn't happy by all accounts!
    Was he ever...?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Was he ever...?
    I'm sure he had a moment or two whilst he was taking in his billions!

I think that Liberty decided that Bernie is something of a dinosaur, and that they wish to take Formula 1 in a different direction, using social media (which Bernie doesn't really understand) to bring the sport to a new audience, and promoting each race individually.
    When Liberty took over the writing was obviously on the wall, but this is Bernie Ecclestone and I honestly thought they'd be carrying him out of the business. My only hesitation now is how Liberty manage things next. Is their ethos about building on the strengths (and repairing the obvious weaknesses) or will further watering down be the order of the day?

I know a lot of folk dislike him, but I've always rather liked and admired Bernie. This is another marvellous character lost to the sport. Let's watch with interest to see what happens next. To el Presidente!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    In a piece yesterday, which reads like it came straight off the desk of a Liberty PR representative, Andrew Benson reported on Chase Carey's initial findings on the current state of F1. (Though Benson gives no attribution for his source.)

I can't see how drawing up that list would have taken much more than ten minutes or so at a TZ-UK GTG. Answering the final question however, somewhat longer.
    Something to bear in mind. The previous owners were only ever interested in extracting what they could from the sport, which is why these findings look rather obvious. Liberty will either do the same as CVC and take what they can with minimum involvement (doesn't look like it by removing Ecclestone), or they'll attempt to change things to make it fairer and more accessible, which is gonna cost them big in the short term with the hope it pays off later.

However I can't help but feel there's going to be a new power struggle with Red Bull and Ferrari on one side and everyone else on the other, which makes the long term strategy look shaky from the off. After all isn't the F1 business nothing but a briefcase full of contracts (and several tons of camera equipment). I wonder who has the rights to the GP1 trademark

So any predictions?

Going back to more than one brand of tyre - that would be good IMO.

Keeping Silverstone on the F1 circuit - we have to have a round in the UK!

Master
    That's some really good points that you've raised there Matt.

I don't agree entirely with your thoughts about Bernie, but the points that you raised in both posts are very valid nonetheless.

With BE gone it doesn't automatically mean that everything will change for the better, or that the infighting will diminish - I hope that's what happens, but it will almost certainly take a great deal of effort and 'knocking some heads together'.

I also fear for Manor, as the long-hoped for changes in the way that money is divided, or indeed the way that Liberty are being hailed as the 'great white hope', may all be too little too late. And then what about FI and Sauber...?

It's still all questions and no answers at this stage.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

Euh, not so fast: There will be a UK GP, not necessarily Silverstone.

Imo the first the Liberty needs do and will do is equalize the cash flow to the teams.
    Liberty can do that swiftly, should do so per this coming season and if Ferrari doesn't like it, they can try invent a different identity for the brand and see if that is cheaper.
    With a revamped cash flow RB will have a less strong argument with a threat to leave as it will be more attractive for others.

How to increase competition on track, yes that is less simple but letting the drivers race will have short term effect and democratizing the teams votes will help in the longer run..

Well, I think Silverstone is the most appropriate venue IMHO.

As for equalising money - should be a flat fee across the piste, the rest via results and sponsorship.

How long before the new cars being shown?

The launch dates announced are all between 21st and 24th Feb.

In contrast to Chase Carey's recent piece on the BBC Sport website, courtesy of Andrew Benson, Ross Brawn gives some slightly more specific insights into his own thinking on what needs to be done on the technical and regulation side of the sport here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38734708

I found the last few paragraphs particularly interesting as I don't believe this idea has had too much air time previously.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    He also said he would like to try to establish a 'draft' system for promoting drivers from junior categories so the drivers who make it into F1 were there "purely on merit".

Historically, some drivers at the back of the grid have paid for their seats in F1.

"What I'd love to see is a proper progression of talent into F1 where you could even introduce a draft system where the guys who win the GP2 or Formula 2 are available for the lower teams to use in their first year or two in Formula 1."

So any predictions?

Going back to more than one brand of tyre - that would be good IMO.

I think that the single tyre formula should be maintained personally, having just the one brand is a great leveller between the teams. Ultimately it's the tyre that dictates the performance of a car (they can only take so much load in any direction - braking, accelerating and lateral grip - plus temperature and graining management) so it's down to the teams to develope their chassis and drivetrain to maximise how the tyres perform. I also wouldn't want the Ferrari/Bridgestone years to be repeated where it was obvious that, to try to counter Michelin's threat, Bridgestone put all their eggs in Ferrari's development basket to the detriment of the other Bridgestone teams.

With regards to Silverstone, I'm hoping that it's just some political posturing in order to bag themselves a better financial deal. If they genuinely can't make it work and pull plug I'd find it hard to believe the race would move to another circuit. Bringing any other circuit up to scratch would require massive investment, Silverstone have already been through that and still see themselves out of pocket. I hope we don't lose the British GP, it's one of the longest running of all the countries and is, quite rightly IMO, regarded as the home of motorsport.

In contrast to Chase Carey's recent piece on the BBC Sport website, courtesy of Andrew Benson, Ross Brawn gives some slightly more specific insights into his own thinking on what needs to be done on the technical and regulation side of the sport here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38734708

I found the last few paragraphs particularly interesting as I don't believe this idea has had too much air time previously.
    No-one would argue against genuine talent trumping a driver paying for their seat, if Liberty do slide the rewards scale away from the bigger teams down towards the smaller ones then any funding shortfall could be topped up it. This may, in turn, provide much needed exposure to these smaller teams as well as provide the best form of motivation for drivers wishing to progress through the ranks. If you win a junior championship you get a crack at a bigger one - sounds fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I think that the single tyre formula should be maintained personally, having just the one brand is a great leveller between the teams. Ultimately it's the tyre that dictates the performance of a car (they can only take so much load in any direction - braking, accelerating and lateral grip - plus temperature and graining management) so it's down to the teams to develope their chassis and drivetrain to maximise how the tyres perform. I also wouldn't want the Ferrari/Bridgestone years to be repeated where it was obvious that, to try to counter Michelin's threat, Bridgestone put all their eggs in Ferrari's development basket to the detriment of the other Bridgestone teams.

With regards to Silverstone, I'm hoping that it's just some political posturing in order to bag themselves a better financial deal. If they genuinely can't make it work and pull plug I'd find it hard to believe the race would move to another circuit. Bringing any other circuit up to scratch would require massive investment, Silverstone have already been through that and still see themselves out of pocket. I hope we don't lose the British GP, it's one of the longest running of all the countries and is, quite rightly IMO, regarded as the home of motorsport.
    Exactly right on both counts. A tyre war only leads to one thing, which is vastly increased expenditure, at a time when so few teams can afford it. A tyre war would only serve to increase the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots", which is the last thing that Formula 1 (and Liberty) needs. And in this era of testing bans it's hard to see how competition between tyre manufacturers could work, as tyre development can only be undertaken on track. Having one tyre supplier is eminently sensible if there are restrictions on testing.

On the matter of Silverstone, the only circuits in the UK which are anywhere close to meeting the requirements to hold a Grand Prix are Donington and Rockingham, and they are several millions of pounds away from the FIA's specifications. It's Silverstone or nothing, at least for the forseeable future, unless that place in South Wales can be built.

I hope we don't lose the British GP
    Liberty have already stated that they want to develop the core, European support - i.e. Belgium/German/British/Italian GPs. They aren't going to continue with the Ecclestone policy of awarding GPs to high paying despots (Azerbaijan, Russia etc)

The BBC Sport article that is linked above is well worth reading. http://bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38679158
    Last edited by Bravo73; 25th January 2017 at 12:27.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    and is, quite rightly IMO, regarded as the home of motorsport.
    Not by me. But then I am not limited to the anglo saxon press and its version of motorsports history.

As to the core of F1 I think that Belgium/German/British/Italian GPs and Monaco should indeed be seen as heritage races and receive some sort of protected bonus status.
    Perhaps give all, except Monaco, days allotted as test track. That would automatically give them more weight/importance/income.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 25th January 2017 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Liberty have already stated that they want to develop the core, European support - i.e. Belgium/German/British/Italian GPs. They aren't going to continue with the Ecclestone policy of awarding GPs to high paying despots (Azerbaijan, Russia etc)

The BBC Sport article that is linked above is well worth reading. http://bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38679158
    There's time in the bank to keep the GP at Silverstone and I'd be surprised if it were to leave, especially with Liberty talking their talk. They certainly appear to want to work more as a partnership between the circuits, teams, sponsors, media and fans for the ultimate benefit to all than BE ever did - I'm hoping for great things.

...I hope we don't lose the British GP, it's one of the longest running of all the countries and is, quite rightly IMO, regarded as the home of motorsport.
    I hope so too, but (sorry to use Wiki) as regards the "home of motorsport", there are other contenders:

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Not by me. But then I am not limited to the anglo saxon press and its version of motorsports history.

As to the core of F1 I think that Belgium/German/British/Italian GPs and Monaco should indeed be seen as heritage races and receive some sort of protected bonus status.
    Perhaps give all, except Monaco, days allotted as test track. That would automatically give them more weight/importance/income.
    I had Brooklands in mind when making my comment as well knowing that most of the F1 teams are based here, though I accept that other countries also have motorsport heritage. Outside of the USA with their NASCAR, Indycar Series and many others I'd presume that the UK has a larger motorsport related industry than any other, having an F1 race here helps to fly that flag.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had Brooklands in mind when making my comment as well knowing that most of the F1 teams are based here, though I accept that other countries also have motorsport heritage. Outside of the USA with their NASCAR, Indycar Series and many others I'd presume that the UK has a larger motorsport related industry than any other, having an F1 race here helps to fly that flag.
    Imo France.
    Both historically and current.
    Having a blooming car industry, the 24hrs race and F1 helps to fly that flag.
    As another example; only the political unrest in NW Africa made the Dakar less French.
    On the regional/national level here in Spain, the field of the road motorsport is all French cars p.e.

But hey, there is no competition here and the subject is F1. In F1 the UK undeniably has a focal point which is incredibly important for both F1 and UK motorsports.
    Imo the UK arguably is currently the home of F1. Even without historical arguments, the UK should have an F1 GP just for that.
    I find it odd that the UK gvt seems to be oblivious to the importance of this for very high end tech business/industry in the UK.

Euh, not so fast: There will be a UK GP, not necessarily Silverstone.

Imo the first the Liberty needs do and will do is equalize the cash flow to the teams.
    Liberty can do that swiftly, should do so per this coming season and if Ferrari doesn't like it, they can try invent a different identity for the brand and see if that is cheaper.
    With a revamped cash flow RB will have a less strong argument with a threat to leave as it will be more attractive for others.

How to increase competition on track, yes that is less simple but letting the drivers race will have short term effect and democratizing the teams votes will help in the longer run..
    I don't disagree this is the plan Liberty will be going with, but it's not exactly original. Ferrari always demand more and they always get it. Red Bull can argue they deserve more for recent success and for running two teams (they were also a key Ecclestone ally). Mercedes seem adept at playing pacifier, but I doubt they'll accept substantially less than Ferrari or Red Bull in any new deal, especially given how much they've recently invested. Then you have the independents, who have the same operational costs as the big three, but who don't have the bargaining power. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I can't see socialism coming to F1 soon.

The point about a draft to promote young drivers completely misses the point and worries me Liberty are already misunderstanding. If they want to eradicate so called pay drivers and allow the cream to rise to the top then they need a sensible, affordable, independent series without ties to greedy promoters. Resuscitate F3 and promote it on a Grand Prix weekend. The problem with most junior series is the promoter (in cahoots with a single car and engine supplier) charges teams and in turn drivers a fortune for spares and entries. To be honest I'm surprised this has never been taken to the EU. Break a front wing that should cost at most €2000 and the promoter will will mark it up another 50%. This goes for everything else on the car and before you know it you need €2m for a season in GP2. How many drivers are currently confirmed for this years GP2 season? The answer is not many and this is the primary reason we're not seeing the best drivers being brought into the sport. We're seeing the ones with the biggest budgets.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Ferrari always demand more and they always get it.
    Why would Liberty not simply say 'tant pis'; TIOLI to Ferrari?
    F1 is more important to the identity of Ferrari than the other way around.

Past performance is a dud argument because that earned more prize money already. Why give the already proven top dogs more of a financial advantage.
    If the top dogs don't like it then.... next! Who cares which brands the cars promote if we get closer racing?? Closer racing gets them more viewers = more income.

Then they give all teams the same flat rate with results deserving a bonus.

Why would Liberty not simply say 'tant pis'; TIOLI to Ferrari?
    F1 is more important to the identity of Ferrari than the other way around.
    Because you don't show your headline act the door

Past performance is a dud argument because that earned more prize money already. Why give the already proven top dogs more of a financial advantage.
    I don't disagree, but this is the basis for the payment structure that exists. My point is I can't see a resolution that keeps those currently receiving a higher proportion of money from past performance or heritage, satisfied by altering payments so they receive proportionately less.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Because you don't show your headline act the door
    You do when they want to earn more than the box office results warrant.

My point is I can't see a resolution that keeps those currently receiving a higher proportion of money from past performance or heritage, satisfied by altering payments so they receive proportionately less.
    So?
    It is a 'sport' that is a marketing tool for manufacturers and sponsors. The publicity should be the main satisfaction.
    Winning already has a DOUBLE reward.

The current structure stacks the deck in favor of a few prima donas and it sabotages the show.
    That Liberty is closer to US car racing will imo have a large impact on the distribution of money over the competitors.
    We will see soon enough.

The point about a draft to promote young drivers completely misses the point and worries me Liberty are already misunderstanding. If they want to eradicate so called pay drivers and allow the cream to rise to the top then they need a sensible, affordable, independent series without ties to greedy promoters. Resuscitate F3 and promote it on a Grand Prix weekend. The problem with most junior series is the promoter (in cahoots with a single car and engine supplier) charges teams and in turn drivers a fortune for spares and entries. To be honest I'm surprised this has never been taken to the EU. Break a front wing that should cost at most €2000 and the promoter will will mark it up another 50%. This goes for everything else on the car and before you know it you need €2m for a season in GP2. How many drivers are currently confirmed for this years GP2 season? The answer is not many and this is the primary reason we're not seeing the best drivers being brought into the sport. We're seeing the ones with the biggest budgets.
    Interesting points there, and I wasn't aware of how costs in a "junior" series can be inflated. If it's the financially advantaged that have a... well, an advantage as they work their way up the racing ladder then it could be argued that that Brawn's intentions would be like peeing in the wind, though I don't side with that point of view. Sure, unless there's a level playing field for everyone from karting to F1, money will talk and I've no idea how things could be made more fair, though Brawn's/Liberty's take on things could still be seen as a positive step.

I'll leave the technical side of things to others, although Brawn's notion of scrapping DRS is welcome. The income inequality has been kicked down the road for too long and has to be sorted out if they want any sort of 'competition' to occur.

But as a sport they need to:

Get it back on free to air TV (or change the parameters of the other deals)

Sort their social media out / streaming service - my firm has done a lot of work with NASCAR and NBA over the last few years and F1 should be embarassed at how far ahead that 'turn left' sport is on the digital front.

Make it cheaper to attend in person for kids - best way to do that is to cut the ridiculous fee for hosting a GP in the first place. Revenue sharing needs to be re-organised.

Work with the FIA to sort out GP2. It's an expensive and at time amateurish mess.

You do when they want to earn more than the box office results warrant.
    The box office is taking more than enough to cover what it pays out. The business in that regard is strong, it's the perceived fairness of distributed prize money that's being questioned.

So?
    It is a 'sport' that is a marketing tool for manufacturers and sponsors. The publicity should be the main satisfaction.
    Winning already has a DOUBLE reward.
    Publicity doesn't pay the bills.

The current structure stacks the deck in favor of a few prima donas and it sabotages the show.
    That Liberty is closer to US car racing will imo have a large impact on the distribution of money over the competitors.
    We will see soon enough.
    I would argue the show is stifled due to poorly thought out regulation and not a disparity in team budgets. Give Manor the Red Bull budget and the racing will still be the same, to fix this the fundamental design needs to be changed.

http://www.pitpass.com/58201/Manor-ceases-trading

Sadly, Fi's brave new world hasn't tempted any potential buyers for Manor.

As there's precious little happening in the world of Formula 1 at the moment except rumour, counter-rumour and conjecture, some of you may be interested in the Daytona 24 Hours, which is being covered on Motors TV and on-line at http://www.imsa.com

Amazing to think of the four teams given entries in 2009; USF1 didn't make it out of the blocks and Campos/Hispania, Team Lotus/Caterham, Virgin/Marussia/Manor are probably all destined to disappear forever, in just seven seasons.

I think it could quite easily have been Sauber in this position had they not picked up 10th place in the constructors. But if Sauber went bust, I think that team would have been salvageable.

Master
    A poignant article about Manor and their wind tunnel prototype:
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/01/2...aced-2017-car/

A better article at Autosport (may be behind a paywall for some though)
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127910

Let's not forget that it's not just the loss of the team (and drivers) in F1, but the loss of jobs (and perhaps careers) for ordinary people with families to support, as well as dashing their hopes and dreams.

The flawed set up in F1 needs fixing and key people need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and sort this out.

Joe Saward has an interesting insight into the demise of Manor on his blog. In short, there was a $40m hole in the 2017 budget, so the $10m which they would have received for finishing 10th in the 2016 Constructors Championship had it not been for Felipe Nasr's 9th place for Sauber in Brazil wouldn't have made much difference. The owners let it be known that they wouldn't sell the team debt-free to a new owner, and wanted to retain some equity themselves.

But there was another potential issue for a potential buyer - the threat of legal action from the Bianchi family following Jules' death after his Suzuka crash.

In short, although the team may have provided a means of entry into Formula 1, from a financial viewpoint it wasn't an attractive proposition. Meanwhile, the employees and their families face a worrying time.

It's a reality check for Liberty, and hopefully it will register with them. The allocation of FOM money needs to be addressed, but the teams need to examine their overheads and expenditure and balance their books.

Just come across this image elsewhere...

The 3 Amigos (or the 2 Conmen, you choose)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

Which 2?

Sorry, that should have read 3 (a typo)

Well, I think Silverstone is the most appropriate venue IMHO.

As for equalising money - should be a flat fee across the piste, the rest via results and sponsorship.
    Think you are right about Silverstone but there are better tracks in the U.K, but not sure they are capable of meeting the standards needed. Although not sure the guidelines are always applied, 20 meter run offs... Monaco really?

Always a challenge on the money front if you win you get more, prize money and sponsorship, if you lose it is tough to survive and unless someone bank rolls a team a hard cycle to break.

Lowe now confirmed at Williams, no shock to anyone though. A shame to see Pat Symonds departure, I always thought he was one of the more candid characters, though PL's move to Williams should be a positive one for the team, expecially as he has financially committed to it. Now we just need Allison confirmed at Mercedes at that'll conclude the big moves for the season.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lo...-march-870294/

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

Wow, Flavio is unrecognisable.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Wow, Flavio is unrecognisable.
    Had a head transplant didn't he haha

I've just been reading there on the beeb site about Paddy Lowe entering Williams at a fairly top level position and it highlighted the other shareholders up to and including an American by name of Brad Hollinger.
    Between Brad, the new Liberty boss "Chevy" Chase Carey and Merc boss, Dieter Zetsche it has to be said there's sure some top lip slug fashionista championship battle going on there between them 3 !

Brad

Chase

Dieter

Frank looks a little less than impressed by it all...