closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advice required... the car I purchased from Audi isn't as expected

I agree, fight to get the A5 back and a decent wad of compensatory cash.

Master
    The dealer must be smirking up their sleeves at the nice profit they could make on the A5 for the sake of an afternoon's valeting. Maybe a tad long in the tooth for their own forecourt but the main dealers have secondary channels to clear older trade-ins. And of course they have lost nothing on the A7 even if they give you a few quid in compensation - there would have been a few thousand added in as profit.

Time to get a full refund on the A7, get the A5 back and sell it privately - or trade it in for a car you DO want. (Or maybe even keep it and use the free service)

Given where you are at now Wayne, If I was put in the same position I would:-

1. Make it very clear that at the end of this resolution you will not accept any financial deficit - the car was misrepresented (mistakenly or not).

2. Return of the A5 fully detailed/valeted and a free service when it is due if that happens during your ownership..

3. Cost of private plate issues covered including the retention fees.

4. A promise to escalate anywhere and everywhere if you remain unsatisfied.

From my time with the marque, there is no such thing as a 'brilliant Audi dealer', some are better than others but comparatively they have a long way to go.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    What Chris_in_the_uk said. ^^^^^

They should put your old car on a flat bed trailer and return it to you, taking away the one you are rejecting. Absolutely no way would I be venturing out of my way to help them correct their error...

Then I'd be looking for £500 in compensation. Minimum.

how did this end op ?

no new news for 6 days was following this thread with great interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post
    how did this end op ?

no new news for 6 days was following this thread with great interest.
    The OP is chained and padlocked to the dealership gates with no 3G! It might take a while till we hear....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    The OP is chained and padlocked to the dealership gates with no 3G! It might take a while till we hear....
    lol hope he took a flask it's nippy up here

Master
    I've been sying for an update on this one.

Sincerely hope OP gets a good outcome

Master
    Sorry! Until this morning there was nothing much to update :-)

So the A5 is coming back on a trailer hopefully next week, when they pick up the A7. Can't wait for it all to be done even though it's not ideal I've got to sell the A5. However I'll detail it properly, refurb the alloys and with the Audi warranty hopefully do alright with it.

They were also supposed to refund a £250 deposit which was held for the original v5 of the A5. I took the car to them with a private plate, so because I had to change back to the standard plate, there was a deposit required in case I didn't do this or whatever. They called me two weeks ago to refund the deposit, took all my card details and then the payment never came through!

So I had to moan about that on Tuesday when I realised. Then this morning, the manager went to take the payment off my card for the A5, but as it's over £1000, I now have to send a bank transfer instead!! He didn't realise that it's a maximum of £1000 on a card if the cardholder is not present. A manager doesn't know this?!

Nobody seems to have a clue what's going on so I'm just waiting for the moment I've sold the A5 as this rubbish will all be over.

Theyve give me me a goodwill payment of £250. No matter how much I argued with the business manager, they wouldn't up it at all. I'm a good negotiator but all I could do is get them to pay the £80 it's cost me to take the private plate off the A7.

Rant over :-D

PS... now I'm at this stage and have given a truthful set of events, I see no reason not to shout from the rooftops that this whole palaver came courtesy of...

AUDI ABERDEEN!!!
    Last edited by W44NNE; 19th January 2017 at 14:20.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What about the admin fees for swapping your motor insurance about ?

Ha Ha I knew it Audi Aberdeen!! where they think you should be grateful to deal with them.... Given the amount of cars Audi Aberdeen have had handed back in the last year or so. I though they would have been more accommodating! but I suppose that's what happens when they have had loads of years rolling in the oil slick.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    What about the admin fees for swapping your motor insurance about ?
    I actually don't get charged but if I did, I would have made sure I got those.

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    Ha Ha I knew it Audi Aberdeen!! where they think you should be grateful to deal with them.... Given the amount of cars Audi Aberdeen have had handed back in the last year or so. I though they would have been more accommodating! but I suppose that's what happens when they have had loads of years rolling in the oil slick.
    I honestly feel like care isn't a word in the vocabulary of any of the members of staff I dealt with. It's just been a hopeless scenario from the moment I reversed that A7 and realised there was no camera.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a Twitter user but it's in cases like this when it really pays off to post a running commentary; I'm sure either the dealership (though perhaps not from your description) or Audi UK would have picked it up sooner and you would have a better outcome......

I suppose the outcome might have been a lot worse - put it down to experience and move on, life's too short!

They only have 121 followers on Twitter ! Probably best to tag in main UK Audi into any tweets also.

I love Twitter, I had a problem with Three and Royal Mail which was going nowhere over the phone; I put a few tweets up and within 30 mins they were calling me to resolve ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Soon as the A5 as been detailed get it on SC

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post

Paul
    X2

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    X2
    Deal, but won't I get offered a trade of old socks and hunting knives??

Count yourself lucky if there isn't a Fabergé egg
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Deal, but won't I get offered a trade of old socks and hunting knives??
    Il give you an old sock and a few pennies...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    They only have 121 followers on Twitter ! Probably best to tag in main UK Audi into any tweets also.

I love Twitter, I had a problem with Three and Royal Mail which was going nowhere over the phone; I put a few tweets up and within 30 mins they were calling me to resolve ...
    I have a work Twitter account and agree, its amazing how quickly things can be resolved using it. Or simply reaching out to people you could otherwise have very little chance of contacting.

Good luck OP, you'll have no bother selling the A5. Lovely cars!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Il give you an old sock and a few pennies...
    Damn you with all your money.

I'll give you two socks.

Master
    Only two socks?? Three at the very least... you've got to have an odd sock after all.

Thanks for all the help and advice. An A5 sportback will be appearing on a Sales Corner near you relatively soon hopefully.

Wise decision Wayne - you would never have been happy.

I am sure you will, but I would be contacting Audi UK and explaining your experiences.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Wise decision Wayne - you would never have been happy.

I am sure you will, but I would be contacting Audi UK and explaining your experiences.
    Funny thing is, I did that, someone was supposed to get back to me and never did. That was around two weeks or so ago lol. Useless, the lot of them. Audi UK told me they can't do a lot as it's a franchise dealership

Funny thing is, I did that, someone was supposed to get back to me and never did. That was around two weeks or so ago lol. Useless, the lot of them. Audi UK told me they can't do a lot as it's a franchise dealership
    Well, this is kind of my experience of Audi in general so I am not surprised TBH.

Had loads of issues from a service point of view when I had my A5 - stuff not done, priced wrong, not valeted etc.

Tried to get a test drive (serious intent) on an RS5 and they could not have been less interested if they tried.

Personally, never ever again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Well, this is kind of my experience of Audi in general so I am not surprised TBH.

Had loads of issues from a service point of view when I had my A5 - stuff not done, priced wrong, not valeted etc.

Tried to get a test drive (serious intent) on an RS5 and they could not have been less interested if they tried.

Personally, never ever again.
    TBH, service with the A5 was fine. It's under warranty and I used one of the two free services so far which all went to plan. Apart from the original garage messing up with the A5, it was generally plain sailing. The A7 was just ridiculous though.

When they emailed today about the impossibility of accepting more than £1k over the phone, I just replied "For G-d's sake...". It just made me realise even more how incompetent they've all been at Aberdeen Audi.

I had a brand new A4 Avant that went through an engine, gearbox and turbo in the first 20k miles, oh and a sat nav that wouldn't re route. Audi had it for 6 months of the first 18.
    Swapped to BMW and it hasn't missed a beat or seen a dealer in the first 19k.
    I won't be moving back to Audis. Dealer and Audi UK experience terrible and this was from the their largest flagship dealer in Solihull.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The franchise dealership seems to be a convient excuse I had terrible service from a ford dealership and ford uk just said take it up with them we don't have any control over them as they are a franchise

Every time I visit my VW garage for anything I then get online surveys to complete about my visit, one from a third party survey company they have signed up to and one from VAG themselves, I guess you haven't had this opportunity from Audi?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Every time I visit my VW garage for anything I then get online surveys to complete about my visit, one from a third party survey company they have signed up to and one from VAG themselves, I guess you haven't had this opportunity from Audi?
    Actually yes you;'re right. I forgot all about that! They emailed three or so weeks ago so I'll sit down with a brew later and go through it.

Dealers are often nicknamed as Stealers on car forums. Often with very good reason.

Craftsman
    Best customer service I've had was from Lexus and Toyota, BMW are ok, Audi have always been shocking in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    ^^

Lexus are almost universally praised as having excellent CS. However Toyota's, as I suspect many other marques' dealers, can vary.

A few years ago I took my Landcruiser for some relatively simple recall work (something to do with rear drive shafts) to my local dealer. I dropped it off in the morning and when I arrived to pick up in the evening, the car was parked in the customer "pick-up" area. It had been freshly washed and was looking rather shiny - a rare occurrence usually. I went in, confirmed all was OK (nothing to pay as recall work was free), picked up my keys and started reversing out of the bay - when I heard a loud clicking noise. I stopped the noise stopped, I moved forward, noise starts again.

I went back in and spoke to the service manager who can out and took a look and said everything was OK - WTF, the clicking noise could clearly be heard over the engine and ambient noise in the area. Plus it was obviously coming from the rear axle and the clicking was in tune with road speed. It must have been associated with the work carried out!!

I made a fuss and asked for a 2nd opinion - so one of the "managers" came out and took a look. He almost immediately agreed that something was amiss and seemed to be quite annoyed at the service guy. They then admitted that they had (probably) re-assembled the replaced parts incorrectly and kept the car overnight to resolve.

All good in the end but I hate to think what they might have got away with.........

Master
    Woohoo, the A5 is back! :-) A7 shipped off to Scotlandand I couldn't be happier!

Well done. Really sad you had to go through so much hassle.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Well done. Really sad you had to go through so much hassle.
    Thanks, and thanks again to everyone. At first I was totally against returning the A7 but it now feels like I made the right decision. I'll get the A5 ready for sale and hopefully my replacement V5 will come through quickly.

Blog Entries
    Good to see it returned! And wow, nice A5. That wouldn't take long to sell here on the forum, I suppose.

Menno

glad this worked out Wayne ..... I might have tried to get that Defender off the transported in exchange !!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    glad this worked out Wayne ..... I might have tried to get that Defender off the transported in exchange !!
    Funnily enough, although not a defender, I do now have something from that brand lol.

Blog Entries
    Woohoo, the A5 is back! :-) A7 shipped off to Scotlandand I couldn't be happier!
    Well done, I'm sure you did the right thing.

Funnily enough, although not a defender, I do now have something from that brand lol.
    am I going to have to look out for you in an Evoque !!!!

Master
    Thanks, yes definitely the right thing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    am I going to have to look out for you in an Evoque !!!!
    No although my cousin bought one recently and I must admit, it's a nice car :-)

Glad it all sorted it out in the end.

Go on whats the new car?

Master
    I've just advertised the A5 here after spending over two days polishing it and cleaning it

FS: Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line with Audi Service History & Warranty

Without wishing to hijack your thread I am becoming increasingly annoyed by Audi UK and The South Hereford dealership, though I suspect frustrations with the latter would be replicated at other dealerships as they're fine to deal with but charge stupid prices for basics. I have an A4 Avant 3.0 TDI S-Line Quattro. My issues:

1. I made an enquiry about a Service Plan (the 3 year warranty has recently expired). On the Audi UK website a service plan is outline and in order to buy it you have to contact a dealership. South Hereford claimed to know nothing of the Audi UK Service Plan but offered its own which was more expensive.

2. As a consequence of the above I contacted Audi UK over a week ago and received an acknowledgement of receipt. Despite a hastener I have still heard nothing.

3. I have been quoted £198 for an oil and filter change - nothing less than extortion.

4. Today I was quoted £278 for a new battery; I laughed at them. They tell you you must have a genuine battery because of the battery management system and code this into the system. Having done some research it appears that this is hoop and I'll buy a similar or higher rated Varta battery and fit it myself - if it takes 10 minutes all in I'll be amazed. The highest capacity Varta battery that will fit is £150.

On the positive side I can highly recommend HazzyDayz (as mentioned early in this thread) having visited them a couple of times. If you're in the South West I can also recommend VHub in Tewkesbury.
    Last edited by Skier; 14th February 2017 at 23:54.

Master
    I've just advertised the A5 here after spending over two days polishing it and cleaning it

FS: Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line with Audi Service History & Warranty
    Did I miss what you've replaced it with Wayne? Can't see it mentioned in your other threads. Intrigued!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Did I miss what you've replaced it with Wayne? Can't see it mentioned in your other threads. Intrigued!
    I've been driving my dad's older Range Rover Sport and also ironing out some things with it. It's become something I never thought I'd enjoy, but I've fallen for it lol. 4.2 Supercharged Petrol and as it's already done a high-ish mileage, he's not bothered about me adding to it. I expect I'll keep it for myself though when the A5 sells.

If it's any consolation Audi Connect isn't all that. It's a built in SIM hence why you couldn't retro fit, and although i do 40k miles a year I'm not getting much from it.

The main benefit is it allows you to connect to the in car SIM via a WiFi hotspot, so on the move you can fire up your lappy do some work and still take calls. Slightly easier than going to Costa

But with the other stuff, i just use my phone

Maybe live traffic is better than relying on sat nav dunno i haven't really played with it, maybe I'm missing something, but it cost me 99 quid for a years subscription.

If you have kids and do a lot of travelling with the family then that hotspot might be worth it.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    If it's any consolation Audi Connect isn't all that. It's a built in SIM hence why you couldn't retro fit, and although i do 40k miles a year I'm not getting much from it.

The main benefit is it allows you to connect to the in car SIM via a WiFi hotspot, so on the move you can fire up your lappy do some work and still take calls. Slightly easier than going to Costa

But with the other stuff, i just use my phone

Maybe live traffic is better than relying on sat nav dunno i haven't really played with it, maybe I'm missing something, but it cost me 99 quid for a years subscription.

If you have kids and do a lot of travelling with the family then that hotspot might be worth it.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's on the newer cars. Older cars you have to supply a SIM card. If you use the SIM for mapping your Nav then it uses Google real time traffic info AFAIK. If not the sat-nav uses TMC.