closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Selling Bitcoin

While Japan seems to have embraced Bitcoin the opposite is true in South Korea another very tech savvy place...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...s-tax-gambling
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    While Japan seems to have embraced Bitcoin the opposite is true in South Korea another very tech savvy place...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...s-tax-gambling
    They seem to have hit it squarely on the head likening it to gambling addiction.

Grand Master
    I know a few very experienced people with a 30+ year career on the trading markets who have put more than a few quid in which gives me quite a lot of confidence in it long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbombedout View Post
    They seem to have hit it squarely on the head likening it to gambling addiction.
    Gotta love every doom and gloom internet article says ‘oh it’s dropped from a 14k high to just over £10k. All written by the denial brigade and banks who either haven’t invested or stand to lose.

It’s a choice. You can buy in or not but don’t slate it like so many are without any substance.

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I know a few very experienced people with a 30+ year career on the trading markets who have put more than a few quid in which gives me quite a lot of confidence in it long term.

That's because cryptocurrencies are a lovely environment for herd trading.
    Do you think the very experienced people will be the ones who lose out when the music stops?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbombedout View Post
    That's because cryptocurrencies are a lovely environment for herd trading.
    Do you think the very experienced people will be the ones who lose out when the music stops?
    Let’s have a think here. You buy one last Jan for £700. You now have £10k. I remember the same shit being spouted last year too!

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Traders are having a field day with BTC - down 11k, up 12k, down 11k, up 12k - paradise / manipulation. Been having fun myself. Wait until those city bonuses hit the market very shortly, BTC is going to become a lot higher over the coming year.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Traders are having a field day with BTC - down 11k, up 12k, down 11k, up 12k - paradise / manipulation. Been having fun myself. Wait until those city bonuses hit the market very shortly, BTC is going to become a lot higher over the coming year.
    Wait till ETH forks next week and see the next 12 months gain pace

RIAC

Master
    Why is everything down so much today/overnight??

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Because it spent most of yesterday and the evening going up, ETH went comfortably over £1000 and others followed, just steady now. I stopped looking at some of my wallets 4 months ago as I just buy and play the long game. Daily fluctuations are more important for traders really. Regardless of any level of press (much of which is heavily manipulated) its an interesting time for sure, intact Id wager a pivotal moment in history this year!
    RIAC

Somebody sneezed near one of the exchanges! cryptocurrency fluctuates a lot on a daily basis.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    20% fluctuation is quite normal on the coins outside the top fifty.
    Last edited by Sahara; 5th May 2019 at 10:53.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I how day trade full time, 20% fluctuation is quite normal on the coins outside the top fifty.
    How long have you been doing that? Interested to hear of / learn from your experiences? For example, do you try and make a set amount/set target for each day or is it much more opportunistic than that? What sort of margin do you wait till before you trade?

Only asking as there are lots of people saying/doing different things.

Apprentice
    Yes that would be interesting to know - along with how you keep your sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_r View Post
    Yes that would be interesting to know - along with how you keep your sanity!
    +1 especially as these crypto markets are 24/7.... how do you sleep with such volatility?!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Nope, still have no idea what a bit coin is or why i would use it.....or how.

Can some-one actually direct me to an answer that is simple to understand? Ta.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-...ature=youtu.be

this should be part of the coinbase registration. too many people spreading utter b******s on something they have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    I bought my first bitcoins (BTC) some years ago (for 10 quid each, and at the time thought I had bought too high!) and since then I have heard it all, 'ponzi scheme' 'pump n dump' etc etc.
    Since then, attitudes have changed, as has the proliferation of other crypto currencies- I currently watch over 500.

I now day trade across a number of alt coins and do well enough to buy myself something nice every now and again. Yesterday was fun, BTC breaching £2k was a nice mile stone to smash.

BTC isnt the only digital currency that is riding high. If you hold Etherium, Z Cash, DASH etc then you are also probably trading-up from lemonade to Dom P. There are also a number of smaller coins that are worth a punt, and thats where some (very) big wins can be had

Happy to share some tips if anyone is genuinly interested. Am also happy to sell BTC or other alt coins (within reason!) to forum members who may not have a trading account with an exchange, cheaper than going to Local Bitcoin if you need to make a purchase in BTC, or if you just want to invest.

I decided to de-bank about 5 years ago, and these currencies are an asset that I now lock my money into, along with watches of course :)

My feeling is that these alt-coins, crypto currencies, or whatever you want to call them, are a once in a life time opportunity that later generations will look back and curse for not having had the opportunity to be able to buy-in. As many are doing now with property.

And if you think the BTC boat has sailed for you, it hasnt. I'll link to this thread in a couple of years and you'll kick yourself for not buying in at 2K :)
    It is interesting looking back through the old Bitcoin threads.

Huge-hard-on and not been seen for a while, and assume he has retired to the South of France on his sizeable yacht?

Lots of debate on the other Bitcoin thread about its true worth, while others just got quietly very rich in the background.