closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any 2017 watch aspirations?

I'm aiming to score a JLC Reverso, not sure which model as I intend to go pre-loved, depends on what makes itself available - the 1931 re-issue is lovely and understated though.

I have really fallen in love with the Tudor North Flag but the JLC comes first as I need something 'dressy' in my collection.

Craftsman
    aiming for the zenith el primero 1969 reissue

i've had my eye on that one for a while now

Journeyman
    I don't post a lot but thought I'd add my goals for this year. As I get older, I've decided to rationalise my collection in two ways:

1. Focus on watches I'd actually wear.
    2. Focus on watches that are more appropriate to my micro wrist (6").

So - I'll probably move to a couple of mid sized Rolexes this year.

This: (!!!)

More realistically:

This:

i'd like
    a pelagos
    a PRS42
    a PRS21

i am unlikely to get any of the above! i could sell off some knives, but we will have to see, the second hand pocket knife market is not the second hand rolex market to be sure. i do have a stan shaw folder, but its been used, so that will reduce the price. we will just have to see.

On the list for a Speedmaster Tuesday, and I've been wanting one of these for ages.

grow the diver collection with one or two interesting, not too pricey pieces (sub £500). Most of the fun is in the search!
    At the somewhat pricier end of the range, a grand seiko diver or GMT, or a zenith el primero rainbow flyback (the black and white dial version).

As much as I moan about the bloated supercases making the bracelets look weedy on the current sports range, that coke GMT looks stunning. In the unlikely event that they release it in SS this year I would be very tempted (at RRP!).

I've been on the hunt for a tritium 16600. Would love to make this year the year!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    In 2017 I hope to get my first datejust and speedmaster.
    Getting one of my these should be easily achievable. Getting both maybe a stretch, but no harm in trying.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Great development.... I got my speedy!
    Completely out of the blue my friend saw one for sale that looked a bit special and a couple of days later I took possession!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'd like a White Face Ceramic Daytona and a PAM671 Bronzo so there will probably be zero watch purchases for me in 2017. At least that will keep the wife happy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Enjoy my lovely watches and spend nothing

Impossible, I realise
    Second month of enjoying and not spending complete :)

Master
    I ticked the first one off the list a few weeks ago... Black Bay Blue and very pleased with it too :)

Master
    I ended up having one I didn't know for sure I had. New Omega PO chrono on rubber with the orange bits. Really liking it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    As much as I moan about the bloated supercases making the bracelets look weedy on the current sports range, that coke GMT looks stunning. In the unlikely event that they release it in SS this year I would be very tempted (at RRP!).
    I'm first on my ADs list if that means anything :-)

I'm going to get a Struthers, as I think their work is exceptional, and I totally buy into what they're trying to achieve. Other than that, I think I'll be getting rid of more stuff than I buy, although I'd also really, really like an Ochs and Junior perpetual calendar.

Master
    2017 will be a consolidation year for me, changing tastes over the years mean some of my sportier watches will be going.

In place I'd like to get hold of a Tudor black bay in blue, a siffert autavia and a Christopher ward c40 speed hawk ... that last one I've always wanted I know it's not a serious watch to a lot of you on here but it's pretty and I love the wobble of the valjoux 7750

If funds will stretch and I do well with trades I'd also like to turn a very nice tag carrera into a bremont mb2

Tudor BBB achieved - on the look out for an Explorer II now. It never ends.......

It was to take a break from buying watches, but i've already bought 7 - bring on 2018

Craftsman
    Expecting a small windfall so a new Hulk or its predecessor will be on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Just got a PAM 190 which I've been looking for over 2 years. Now I just need to sell a few off to shore up the big hole in my bank account

Any 2017 watch aspirations?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Strangely, I thought I had already contributed to this thread, but reading through it I realise I haven't; so...

I have two main aspirations for this year:
    - The first is to reduce the overall number of watches in my possession - I have realised that 17 is too many and I feel oddly guilty when I realise that I have watches I hardly ever wear.
    - The second is to buy a Doxa SUB 1500t Professional

I now recognise that for once these two aspirations neatly coincide - if I sell off a few watches I don't wear enough then I should be able to raise enough money to buy the Doxa.

So that's what I'm now actively doing. Having had the tough conversation with myself, the watches for the chop are:

* Certina DS Action Titanium (currently OHPF) - because I just don't think I'll ever wear it enough
    * CJR Airspeed Pilot (SOLD yesterday) - for the same reason
    * Seiko 'Baby Tuna on ISOfrane (currently up for sale on SC) - because I have enough black watches and I've barely worn this since I got it
    * Orient Mako XL Orange Dial (going up for sale on SC next week) - because the Doxa will be my 'orange watch' once it arrives

Simon
    A brief update...

All the four watches mentioned in my original post have gone, as has an Armani that I'd forgotten I had.

The Doxa was ordered and is currently almost 4 weeks overdue for delivery! Apparently Doxa have a supply problem with movements - go figure. I am desperately trying to exercise sanguine patience...

In addition to those earlier plans, I have unexpectedly succumbed to the charms of a Lum-Tec M50 PVD which I picked up this week, I need to get rid of a rather tatty PVD Military Mark V that is now surplus to requirements, and finally Paul Walker has just done a fantastic job of restoring my 1972 Omega Geneve Dynamic...

...and it's only the 1st of March!

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 1st March 2017 at 22:36.

The new Planet Ocean GMT with the white and black ceramic bezel was acquired 3 days ago. No watch I have had before had blown me away like this one and I've had people on the tube ask me about it. In the metal it is wonderful (it's rubbish in pics) and I really think that's me done in terms of having something that could possibly better it. Best Omega I've ever owned

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Tudor BBB achieved - on the look out for an Explorer II now. It never ends.......
    Bbb as in blue or black? Lovely either way but interested which you chose and why.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Bbb as in blue or black? Lovely either way but interested which you chose and why.

Black on the leather strap - just preferred the more classic look.........can't go wrong with either really.

Master
    Aspirations - well I've just sold a watch to pay for a holiday, and another one will have to go. But assuming I can raise some fund later this year I'm after an Omega speedy of some sort, probably one of the apollo/moon linked ones. I'd like new as well, most of the watches I've bought so far have been second hand as there is usually more value there, but this watch will (or should!) be a keeper so I'm thinking new. Although when I compare prices I might change my mind on that!

Looking to add a Pam674 to the collection (3rd try at Panerai) and aim to do so this week.

Craftsman
    Easy. Modernish/Vintageish sort of dressy type everyday watch. Oh and perhaps a fluted/coined/turned bezel. Ok, scratch it being easy.

However, 3 divers currently. 1 must go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I thought i had my heart set on a blue or platinum face yachtmaster but the explorer 1 has recently really started to grow on me. It's just so clean and understated yet so beautifully finished. Plus the yachtmaster will really be at the top end of my budget and i think I'll be scared to wear it out too frequently for fear of scratching the platinum. No problem of that with the Explorer, plus I'll come away with a bit of change to treat myself to something else. We'll see when the time comes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A Panerai GMT, not sure which one yet?

A Panerai GMT, not sure which one yet?

I'm celebrating a significant birthday this year, undecided as yet but leaning towards a Grand Seiko. The Bulova Moon watch has caught my eye too....

Journeyman
    If i can find a nice used JLC Master with sub sec dial it will in the SOTC

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looking to sell off (or give away) the majority of my watches and observe from the sidelines in future. No more big-brand luxury automatics with collective servicing costs higher than the value of my car. Nobody has ever shown any interest in my watches and now I am retired there is nobody to try and impress at work (which never worked anyway).

Any cash raised will go to my "new" grandchildren - one born in December and another on March 1st. Life is good - Time is bad lol

I'm going to lose my speedmaster and gain either a Rolex Exp1 or a Grand Seiko Snowflake. Don't wear the Speedy enough to justify keeping it.

Craftsman
    My list includes

Tudor big block
    Seiko SDGZ013
    IWC 3714
    Nomos Metro

Other than that, let's see what Baselworld brings next month..

Craftsman
    Buy a yellow watch. Resist buying on impulse. Save money.

Master
    Just seen a Panerai 511 at the airport, didn't think I would get another Panerai but that is really nice!!!

Craftsman
    Tudor big block an a sub date spring to mind. Also fancy a speedy...
    Last edited by Indio; 7th March 2017 at 17:21.

Journeyman
    Ive been bit by the Rolex bug.. especially the 5-digit ones.

Im aspiring for the 16710 / 16750 and possibly the 16610LV and/or 16613.

Also adding a white PAM 113.
    Last edited by MichaelG; 15th March 2017 at 17:10.

Number one on the wants list is the Smiths Radio Room. I have a WTB on the go, but no sign yet. I also have a Speedy Tuesday due in, but it isn't an aspiration - not even sure it is a want.

Craftsman
    An Explorer 39mm i think. It's the one that has been always on the wishlist whereas others are just short term lustings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just pulled a JLC MUT Perpetual! A grail watch!!!

Master
    I ended up getting a Rolex Deepsea blue which was nowhere near my list this year or ever to be fair........

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Enjoy my lovely watches and spend nothing
    Still doing a good job of this. Nothing spent yet. Hadn't realised that my enjoyment of watches A B and C would be enhanced by selling watches D E and F, but early indications suggest that's the case. Removing distractions, I guess.

Craftsman
    At the beginning of January I listed two watches that I had ambitions to own:

Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    I'd like to add a vintage DateJust (achievable) and a red Submariner (probably a pipe dream).
    Barely two weeks later I'd bought one of them (thanks Haywood), but realistically never expected to get the red sub.

Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Well, that's me done for the year!

Well, when one recently came up on SC I jumped in for it! Pleased as punch doesn't even begin to describe it. So that's me all done, or is it? There's a nice vintage Omega Constellation "pie pan" that I keep thinking about. Mmmm....does this madness ever stop?

As we near the final quarter of the year who else has achieved their 2017 watch aspirations? Would be good to hear from those on this thread, did you get what you want?

Would be rude not to, here's the red sub:

I really wanted a Ceramic Daytona, although being very late to register my interest probably unlikely to be until 2018/19 according to AD.

bought myself a stainless daytona in the interim which I love and if I can - hope to keep as/when CD arrives.

Craftsman
    I really wanted a Tudor Black Bay and as of last month, I sold off everything and got a BB41. Gotta say that's 2017 done for me, watch wise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Thinning the collection and hopefully buying a Pelagos or BB
    hmm, not sure what happened there! I seem to have about 10 times as many watches now

Journeyman
    small target to most but i'd love a nice citizen eco drive towards the end of the year. next year i plan to step things up another notch