closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bergeon 6767-SF - Advice

Craftsman

Bergeon 6767-SF - Advice

I have seen the Bergeon tool, model number 6767-SF on eBay. I have seen this mentioned on the forum before, it is the version with both the 's' fork and the 'f' fork at either end. No pin end. Would this be a wise investment or does the pin end come in handy?

I am not a Cousins member and this tool is listed for £11.94, significantly less than Amazon and consumer watch shops.

Pin end is handy. But you can get that separately.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Strange as it sounds, I have heard of replica Bergeon tools appearing on ebay/Aliexpress etc

Craftsman
    Really!? That sucks. Any opinions on the authenticity of:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-67...kAAOSwRgJXl28u

Edited to add: The seller appears to be a watch / clock shop, selling a range of Bergeon tools and products, some high value.

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post

Edited to add: The seller appears to be a watch / clock shop, selling a range of Bergeon tools and products, some high value.
    Your edit would make me feel perfectly safe.

I purchased the 6767-S, including the pin end and standard 3mm wide fork blade, and a separate 6767-AF 1mm fine fork. They are interchangeable.

The pin end is essential for drilled lugs, and to push out bracelet pins.

Walsh have been in business for many years, you will be fine buying from them.

I am not a Cousins member and this tool is listed for £11.94, significantly less than Amazon and consumer watch shops.
    Don't forget that you need to factor in delivery, plus VAT, so the prices may not be as far off as you think.

Edit - Actually, I just checked and the F tool is £8.50 (plus delivery & VAT). additional tips are £1.60 (fork) or 99p (pin).

Master
    I'd personally just go with a 6767f. Never come across a strap or bracelet which made me think I needed the standard fork. The pin end can be pretty darn useful.

I'd investigate getting some spare pin ends at the time of purchase; they can bend easily and you only have to drop the tool once and they can snap off (don't ask me how I know this).

I presume you found out by trial and error?

"The seller appears to be is a watch / clock shop", see www.hswalsh.com...well known and (IMO) respected.

Why not add a spare pin tip to your order: 251976641091?

Visit the Bergeon site to see all the specifications: 6767 pdf.

Craftsman
    Found after digging that they stock the 6767-F. Ordered that and a couple of replacement ends.

Thanks for your guidance all.
    Last edited by Progressive; 14th December 2016 at 17:01.

Master
    I am currently sitting around 75 yards from one of HS Walsh's outlets. They are certainly reputable and are in fact a lot nicer to deal with than Cousins as they have heard of the concepts of 'customer service' and 'statutory rights'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I'd personally just go with a 6767f. Never come across a strap or bracelet which made me think I needed the standard fork. The pin end can be pretty darn useful.
    +1

I bought one recently. I can't believe how much I use it and I'm wondering how I got along without one. Mine came with a straight pin end and a narrow fork end on the other. I bought a wide fork end separately and as has been said, its easily interchanged on the tool.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I am currently sitting around 75 yards from one of HS Walsh's outlets. They are certainly reputable and are in fact a lot nicer to deal with than Cousins as they have heard of the concepts of 'customer service' and 'statutory rights'
    Just ordered a Bergeon 7825 from HS Walsh. I'm working overseas right now, and they had no problems taking the order on my UK credit card and shipping to an overseas address in a 'friendly' fashion. This is much better than another watch-related outfit I've recently tried ordering from, that claimed Mastercard won't let it ship abroad if payment is made with a UK card.

While it's no big deal as I'll be back in the UK in the new year anyway, it's just an unnecessary hassle. So well done HS Walsh.

Craftsman
    Credit where credit's due...

Ordered via eBay. Received an eBay confirming dispatch minutes later. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Just ordered a Bergeon 7825 from HS Walsh. I'm working overseas right now, and they had no problems taking the order on my UK credit card and shipping to an overseas address in a 'friendly' fashion. This is much better than another watch-related outfit I've recently tried ordering from, that claimed Mastercard won't let it ship abroad if payment is made with a UK card.

While it's no big deal as I'll be back in the UK in the new year anyway, it's just an unnecessary hassle. So well done HS Walsh.
    bought mine on ebay from Walsh's and all OK.

Credit where credit's due...

Ordered via eBay. Received an eBay confirming dispatch minutes later. So far so good.
    The suspense is killing me.
    Thanks for the update.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    The suspense is killing me.
    Thanks for the update.
    I will do the requisite unboxing video and provide hi-res photos upon arrival. Please check back soon for more.

Hello

Dear all,

I have a Bergeon tool, 6767-F and 6767-S. Unfortunately the S bit which is the pin bit has just gone boom.

Is it a better idea to replace the whole tool or just the ends and are there any better tools that I should be considering. I mainly change rubber, leather and NATO straps with the odd bracelet but they are all adjusted to the correct size so no link removals as such.

Regards,

Ben

You can buy the ends separately from Cousins. Best order a couple of spares while you are at it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Hello

Carlton Browne,

So just replacement ends no need to replace the whole thing.

Regards,

Ben

Yes, that's right.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Hello

Watchworx have a new tool for £12.00 might see if they have spare ends as well.

Banned
    I always use cousins for bergeon tools and parts

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Dear all,

I have a Bergeon tool, 6767-F and 6767-S. Unfortunately the S bit which is the pin bit has just gone boom.

Is it a better idea to replace the whole tool or just the ends and are there any better tools that I should be considering. I mainly change rubber, leather and NATO straps with the odd bracelet but they are all adjusted to the correct size so no link removals as such.

Regards,

Ben
    Just order some ends from the HSWalsh ebay store linked to earlier in the thread, the ends are interchangeable between the F and S. I just ordered 2 pins and 2 forks for my 6767-F, £8.70.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Just order some ends from the HSWalsh ebay store linked to earlier in the thread, the ends are interchangeable between the F and S. I just ordered 2 pins and 2 forks for my 6767-F, £8.70.
    I am the OP. This is what I did and the ends were a couple of pounds each. Interchangeable with the 6737 tool.

Just ordered this from hswalsh yesterday, and with me today, free 1st class shipping.
    Contrasts rather with Monkeyswag from whom I ordered last Friday, and it's still not here, with the same shipping method as hswalsh.

I'll be ordering from hswalsh again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Just ordered this from hswalsh yesterday, and with me today, free 1st class shipping.
    Contrasts rather with Monkeyswag from whom I ordered last Friday, and it's still not here, with the same shipping method as hswalsh.

I'll be ordering from hswalsh again.
    They are bricks and mortar too with outlets in Birmingham and London. They aren't always the cheapest, Cousins beat them on a few watch bits but they are very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    They are bricks and mortar too with outlets in Birmingham and London. They aren't always the cheapest, Cousins beat them on a few watch bits but they are very reliable.
    I may have to visit their London store then - thank you. I've been put off Cousins by many posts on here about their lack of customer service - happy to pay a little extra to ease things along if something does go wrong.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A paper clip or safety pin of the larger size also works well as a pin end,just file flat and smooth the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    A paper clip or safety pin of the larger size also works well as a pin end,just file flat and smooth the edges.
    And the cheap tips from a cheap eBay bracelet pin remover (a fiver) thread perfectly into the Bergeon tool and vice versa. So you've got the option of pricey shaft and cheap tips, or cheap shaft and pricey tips.