closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daytona 116515 Chocolate dial Everose....

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Well, I have just confirmed my order for the ivory dial version. I like the batons and the dial colour more than the chocolate. Beautiful pieces.

Good work.

The Chocolate dial is lovely but in anything less than great light it is, as an owner already mentioned, a little difficult to read time.........a mere detail however!! LOL

Great watches all round.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Good work.

The Chocolate dial is lovely but in anything less than great light it is, as an owner already mentioned, a little difficult to read time.........a mere detail however!! LOL

Great watches all round.
    Thanks, I am really excited about the new arrival - due date tba. The Sdc4000 will need to be sold, the blue Skydweller foregone and the Sd43 sold on quickly after it's arrival, but I really do think it will be worth it. My first gold.
    Oh, and anyone want a ST pre-order.��
    Last edited by Skyman; 19th May 2017 at 18:47.

Master
    Blog Entries
    At £21k the WG makes the steel Daytonas look very poor value unless you can get one for list. Gotta say if I had that kind of money it would be tempting.

Oh, and anyone want a ST pre-order.��
    Just buy it, pretty certain you'll make a profit towards this if you move it on immediately.

Craftsman
    Stunning watch, im sure it will be well worth the wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Yet to see one in person but flipping my SS ceramic white for the WG on Oysterflex from the pictures I've seen is on the cards
    Looks amazing in this wrist shot.

Good work.

Great watches all round.
    Got that right a mere detail to read in less light

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Show him this very watch listed on Iconic and on my own site, both sub-£18k. He may match the price or at least move closer to it.

Good luck! H

See you've sold a BNIB Choc dial for £15k Haywood....nice deal for the buyer.

If anyone knows of an Everose Black dial going for a similar level please shout. Thanks.

Master
    See you've sold a BNIB Choc dial for £15k Haywood....nice deal for the buyer.

If anyone knows of an Everose Black dial going for a similar level please shout. Thanks.
    If I recall, that was one bought by me and indeed put on deposit by a client before the November 2016 price increase - it wouldn't be possible now.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 20th May 2017 at 22:56.

Master
    Oh, and anyone want a ST pre-order.😉
    Yes please. ;) I've given up hoping to get one whilst on their waiting list...!

Master
    Well, I have just confirmed my order for the ivory dial version. I like the batons and the dial colour more than the chocolate. Beautiful pieces.
    Very nice - that the white gold on oysterflex?
    Are you going to get a custom leather / alligator made up for it?

Master
    In general I prefer leather straps. But a gold Daytona seems naturally at home with the matching gold bracelet. It is more expensive, inevitably, but also more resilient and, crucially, has that lovely weight that marks the Rolex gold models.
    I did try the strap version, my partner quite liked it...with the ivory dial. Which is a lovely dial, at least to my taste.
    In the wider range, the gold/leather strap combo I like most is the 36mm Day-Date. Very elegant watch. Or the modern Cellini, which, for me, is the best-looking watch Rolex make. Doesn't sell well, but that's no sin.
    Last edited by paskinner; 20th May 2017 at 13:02.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Very nice - that the white gold on oysterflex?
    Are you going to get a custom leather / alligator made up for it?
    Thanks, but no it will be everose with the ivory dial (see first pic in #46 above) for which I have developed a real passion. On reflection, I like the rubber/precious metal blend, but I shall, as you suggest, also treat it to a leather strap.
    Last edited by Skyman; 20th May 2017 at 17:33.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    In general I prefer leather straps. But a gold Daytona seems naturally at home with the matching gold bracelet. It is more expensive, inevitably, but also more resilient and, crucially, has that lovely weight that marks the Rolex gold models.
    I did try the strap version, my partner quite liked it...with the ivory dial. Which is a lovely dial, at least to my taste.
    In the wider range, the gold/leather strap combo I like most is the 36mm Day-Date. Very elegant watch. Or the modern Cellini, which, for me, is the best-looking watch Rolex make. Doesn't sell well, but that's no sin.
    No, not a fan of such a lump of metal on the wrist, although I can appreciate why others might feel differently. For me, at least, the oysterflex tones down the gold and makes the watch an everyday proposition.

No, not a fan of such a lump of metal on the wrist, although I can appreciate why others might feel differently. For me, at least, the oysterflex tones down the gold and makes the watch an everyday proposition.
    Second that is why I like the rubber / leather strap it not as In your face. I will hopefully buy a oyster flex for mine at some point if possible

Master
    Thanks, but no it will be everose with the ivory dial (see first pic in #46 above) for which I have developed a real passion. On reflection, I like the rubber/precious metal blend, but I shall, as you suggest, also treat it to a leather strap.
    I have seriously considered the rose gold Daytona in the past and still think I may do it. I too have not tried anything in gold yet, but will do in the near future

Question

If I recall, that was one bought by me and indeed put on deposit by a ciient before the November 2016 price increase - it wouldn't be possible now.

H

Righto. Just out of interest why is it still on your site please Haywood?

Master
    Righto. Just out of interest why is it still on your site please Haywood?
    My site shows all watches that have been in stock since June 2014.

This watch does not show up if you click on the available Daytonas category, but will show up if you search the site for "116515."

There are many SOLD watches on the site whose prices would now be out of date, but they prove a useful archive for me and many clients so I am happy to leave them visible. That they are all badged with a clear, red "SOLD" banner should not allow anyone to get excited that they have found some extraordinary bargain!

Oh, and I note from your quotation that I had misspelled "client" - now corrected :-)

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 20th May 2017 at 22:57.

My site shows all watches that have been in stock since June 2014.

This watch does not show up if you click on the available Daytonas category, but will show up if you search the site for "116515."

There are many SOLD watches on the site whose prices would now be out of date, but they prove a useful archive for me and many clients so I am happy to leave them visible. That they are all badged with a clear, red "SOLD" banner should not allow anyone to get excited that they have found some extraordinary bargain!

Oh, and I note from your quotation that I had misspelled "client" - now corrected :-)

H

Thank you for the explanation sir.

Have a good weekend

Master
    I see the point and, sort-of , agree. Which is why I am a fan of white gold in such situations, a WG Daytona with matching bracelet just flies under the radar. Only you know it is a gold watch.A private pleasure.
    With yellow/rose gold, I do prefer a strap. Not yet convinced by the new rubber strap...which my partner described as 'that plastic thing.' I think a fine leather strap takes some beating. (Sorry!).
    Last edited by paskinner; 21st May 2017 at 10:11.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bugger. I just looked again at the choc dial on the leather. It is a real beauty. Perhaps the leather works better than the oysterflex on such a piece. Bit confused now!

Bugger. I just looked again at the choc dial on the leather. It is a real beauty. Perhaps the leather works better than the oysterflex on such a piece. Bit confused now!

Agree that the leather a bit more in keeping.....Oysterflex is very versatile but (perhaps) not fitting for a precious metal piece?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Agree that the leather a bit more in keeping.....Oysterflex is very versatile but (perhaps) not fitting for a precious metal piece?
    I think that is my point. Rubber/gold - mm, not sure.

Master
    Probably still best to buy on rubber though, because you can presumably get a leather strap made to fit, whereas Rolex are unlikely to produce an Oysterflex to retrofit to an earlier leather model.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Probably still best to buy on rubber though, because you can presumably get a leather strap made to fit, whereas Rolex are unlikely to produce an Oysterflex to retrofit to an earlier leather model.
    It's the same case the oyster flex will go striaght on

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    It's the same case the oyster flex will go striaght on

I understand it is not the case fit but the clasp which is the issue.

Oh never knew that assumed would go on mine. Strange its not the same clasp on the new ones ?

Yes Rolex have confirmed the the leather and Oysterflex are interchangable (case end) however they use different clasps so a purchase of a new clasp is required.

Yes Rolex have confirmed the the leather and Oysterflex are interchangable (case end) however they use different clasps so a purchase of a new clasp is required.
    Oh dear was hoping to buy oysterflex to put on my chocolate dial daytona. Will just have put up with the leather or Rubber B

Oh never knew that assumed would go on mine. Strange its not the same clasp on the new ones ?

Not the best pics but the leather uses this clasp where as the Oysterflex uses the same style as we see on the bracelet models

Leather, note the 6 side fixing into the clasp and the 12 with the pins holes along the clasp visable

Oysterflex note the 6 side fixing like the bracelet models and again on the 12

Oh dear was hoping to buy oysterflex to put on my chocolate dial daytona. Will just have put up with the leather or Rubber B

Did see somewhere it was mentioned Rolex wil do a clasp exchange but nothing confirmed but then you will lose the ability to swap between.

Did see somewhere it was mentioned Rolex wil do a clasp exchange but nothing confirmed but then you will lose the ability to swap between.
    Makes no sense why they would change the the Daytona clasp to the style of the clasp on the Yachty rose gold. Would it not be easy to design a oyster flex for the Daytona clasp as the clasp adjustments are different

Makes no sense why they would change the the Daytona clasp to the style of the clasp on the Yachty rose gold. Would it not be easy to design a oyster flex for the Daytona clasp as the clasp adjustments are different

Could do with the metal insert locating into the clasp and for future proofing themselves if they filter it down to the SS range (as far as I'm aware no SS Models come on leather strap)

Yes it's seem they scraped my clasp for the new style yachty one.

So I take my chocolate dial daytona will phased out like the clasp.